Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just googled it and it turned out he actually does own one. In his blog he mentions it and shows a pic of his car. He wrote:

For the last twenty-five years I came to pretty much regard a car as nothing more than a means of transportation. My 14-year old Olds Aurora is still chugging along adequately for that. Then, along came the Tesla model S. I followed the car's development from inception to release. It's been out about a year now and, well.... For the first time since my first car, driving is fun again. The car is a blast. More or less an iPad on wheels. Soon after taking delivery, I experienced several previously unpondered consequences.
Tesla%20front.jpg I like listening to classical music stations from all over the world. I like blowing past traffic...silently. I like ignoring gas stations...not to mention the price of gas. And much, much more. Anyone who's interested can read about the car here: Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles.
Now I have to figure out how to justify their forthcoming SUV.

:biggrin: Great news, I have some books from him, among other things the book to ALIEN 2.

EDIT: Six months later he wrote:

[FONT=Eurostile,Arial,Verdana]Meanwhile the wondrous electric vehicle continues to impress. Yesterday I had to buy gas for our backup car. Having not purchased petrol in six months, what had once been a commonplace, weekly occurrence suddenly felt unnatural and almost uncomfortable. Also smelly and unnecessary. One day (relatively soon, I suspect), travelers will look back on the entire process the way we view cowboys feeding hay to their horses in old Westerns. Not long after that, driving will be seen similarly, when we have transitioned to self-driving machines. Then we'll transport ourselves via something like a cellphone and people will complain about delays in transit that last nanoseconds. Humankind is forever unsatisfied.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Check out the comments underneath that article ... does anybody know if Alan Dean Foster drives a Tesla?

Yes it is him. I've had a few interactions with him in various comments sections of articles. He is a clear Tesla aficionado and defender.

What a cool guy to take time away from writing books to correct misinformation posted about Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Owns or Drives? There is a difference .... ;)

He claimed to own one. "I have a Tesla." He said.

Seems like George R. R. Martin, author of the books the HBO show Game of Thrones is based on, is about to get himself a Tesla Model S! And in custom deep purple, too!

Not A Blog - Coming Soon

I have been a huge fan of the books since 2005 and have occasionally posted some comments on his blog, he has even answered me a time or two ... I think I'm going to point him to our forum!

I can't wait to see it driving around town! There are, at least, 6 Model S's in town now.

Sent by my daughter:

Ludacris Tesla.png