Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While my MS is in the production queue, I already ordered this one:

GAS 404

I'm in IT, so this also plays pretty well on the tech geek level. :cool:

I'm a Linux/Solaris/VMware/... admin and had 4O4 GAS as my plate on my Leaf for 2.5 years. So few people got the reference. Some even had blank looks on their faces after explaining the reference to the 404 error code. I even got pulled over one time because the police didn't understand the rules on license plates in Kansas. Regular plates in Kansas are 3 numbers followed 3 letters. Personalized plates forbid the use of the number zero, so you use the letter O instead. The police officer (or automatic plate scanner) entered the plate as 404... instead of 4O4 and came up as an expired plate from a few years earlier on a Honda Civic or something like that. Quickly cleared up, but annoying nonetheless.

When Kansas went to a new plate design and I had to order a new place, I replaced it with NOPEC, which gets far fewer questions. Although I did have one person think it was for "No PC" since they know I'm a Mac user and try to use Windows as little as possible, which is difficult working at a large company.

Reactions: fallen888
mine arrived at the DMV a few days ago. kamu pelan is indonesian for you are slow, thought it fitting for my p90d.
13332924_10206504377668325_5620366908641532767_n.jpg

How long did it take for the Ca plates to arrive? Mine have been on order for 8 weeks.