Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
121gigw.jpg

dfb366c9-ec5e-41b2-ba1c-67014a08803d.jpg

uncledoc3.jpg

I'm having trouble coming up with a good one that's available in Florida (all of the ones I like in this thread are unavailable). What do you think of "NOTANKS" ?

When I went to get something amusing/provocative for my Roadster I had a few suggestions turned down. I was told that FL does not allow "protest" plates, which sounded dubious to me but arguing with the Tax Collector's Office (who handle these things here) is not a good idea. Anyway, they wouln'td let me have anything with "NO" in it. Could be that was a County interpretation or it could be a State one.

Last edited:
Wrong! I already have mine, ALL AMPS, on my SC430, and will transfer it when my Model S arrives. Go to the Tax Collectors offices/DMV or a tag store and order it when you feel the time is right.

Are you sure you'll be able to transfer it without selling your SC430? I found a bunch of websites that said it was possible to transfer the tags, so long as you have sold or disposed of the original car. It didn't say anything about the case where you're keeping the other car.

Are you sure you'll be able to transfer it without selling your SC430? I found a bunch of websites that said it was possible to transfer the tags, so long as you have sold or disposed of the original car. It didn't say anything about the case where you're keeping the other car.
Apologies, I wasn't clear. I'm trading in the SC, so it won't be a problem for me. Not sure about a situation in which you keep the other car. That might be a problem.