Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be relevant, except that I'm not getting the personal plate to make other people happy, I'm getting it to make me happy.

Fair enough, Leilani; but, there's definitely some risk of a bad apple getting ticked off enough to vandalize your car - it may not be worth the risk. I'm finally headed to the DMV this week to give up the plates that I originally intended for the Model S:

oilstnx.png

I've since settled for a harmless one that has my son's (nick)name on it:

image.jpg

When you say not allowed ... how not allowed?

As in, in the UK, you cannot really get them ... you have to play with an archaic system and use "leet" letters to come up with a very clever personalized plate.

My car there has what some might call personalized plates but I didn't ask for them ... I had to order them from a list of what had become available.

And then get letter I didn't want. So, for example, my plates have two letters, then a space then my initials. The first two I have to live with. Does that make sense?

Also, plates that are really cool can easily cost more than the car.

Excuse me I didn't understand. :smile: For instance my plate now is BD 114 WM. How can I get a personalized plate from this plate?

Thinking a lot about AAPL DIV as whether he knows it or not Tim Cook is making my car payments.

Another concept I like I can't figure how to get "ETHANOL FREE" short enough. Almost no one would understand "NO C2H6O" so thats my current best solution but may not fit.

Thinking a lot about AAPL DIV as whether he knows it or not Tim Cook is making my car payments.

Another concept I like I can't figure how to get "ETHANOL FREE" short enough. Almost no one would understand "NO C2H6O" so thats my current best solution but may not fit.

How about "NO ETOH"? That's the commonly used acronym for ethanol/alcoholic beverages used in medicine, police, paramedics, etc.