Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone using "EV NV" yet? I wanted to do a play on "COAL BURNER", but none of the abbreviations looked good in 7 letters.

Also, I think my state (GA) requires you to get a special AFV tag to use the HOV lane with no passengers, so I'm torn between a vanity plate, with clever lettering of my choice, or special plate for AFV to be technically conforming with the law (though I wonder if anyone has been pulled over for HOV violation in an alternate fuel vehicle without an AFV tag, and, if so, what's the fine).

Anyone using "EV NV" yet?

There is one in WA:

Blog5_Brechner_Photo3_Large.jpg

Anyone using "EV NV" yet? I wanted to do a play on "COAL BURNER", but none of the abbreviations looked good in 7 letters.

Also, I think my state (GA) requires you to get a special AFV tag to use the HOV lane with no passengers, so I'm torn between a vanity plate, with clever lettering of my choice, or special plate for AFV to be technically conforming with the law (though I wonder if anyone has been pulled over for HOV violation in an alternate fuel vehicle without an AFV tag, and, if so, what's the fine).

I saw "EV ENVY" on a CA Model S.

It sounds like an advertisement against drinking and driving. Which I agree should be avoided, but I don't think that was your intent.

Some variation on Ethanol Free such as "NO C2H6O" is intended as a statement that I don't believe ethanol as a fuel (which is near and dear to many green hearts) is a solution, or even renewable. Consumes far too much diesel and natural gas in production. Costs too much if diesel and natural gas are not used. Not even starting on how it makes former CO2-eating lands into barren deserts much of the year when corn isn't growing.

:confused: got a letter from the (NY) DMV today, my application for my NY TESLA license plate was denied.
Letter states they can not issue a plate containing obscene, political, drug related, violence.......
I am sad! I thought it would have look really cool: New York Tesla !

Well, back to the drawing board...

Suggestions please!!

Caloncho
ZoomButt.gif

PS. Called TM to see if a have a VIN#, they said not yet. Also learned that this is the last week I can order factory installed changes. And I wanted to ask you... do you think adding fog lights (factory installed as opposed to after market LED lights) is advisable? why?

Last edited:
I wanted to get one that said

FU OPEC

but I was counseled by my better half that if it were approved (unlikely), it might be a bit inflammatory and attract the kind of attention that we'd prefer not to have. I'd hate to have my Tesla keyed because someone took personal offense at my personalized tag.

:confused: got a letter from the (NY) DMV today, my application for my NY TESLA license plate was denied.
Letter states they can not issue a plate containing obscene, political, drug related, violence.......
I am sad! I thought it would have look really cool: New York Tesla !

Well, back to the drawing board...

Suggestions please!!

You gotta be kidding.
OK what's the reason ? Political ?