Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are so many good choices already taken. Here is what I came up for mine. See lots of people taking pics when driving around.
license.jpg

I was outvoted! :eek:

The argument went that PLUGRIN wouldn't ever be interpreted as just "plug 'er in"... but that *I* could always point it out afterwards if asked.

Hence the suggested tagline, "plug 'er in, get a grin"!

I agree that with the space is much better! Otherwise, I'd be trying hard to figure out what a PLU is and why are you grinning about it. With the space makes it work as intended as most people seeing your plate are other drivers behind you you'll never talk to.

In the SF Bay Area, almost every Tesla has a vanity plate. Most are energy-related puns (I wish FAMILY JOULES would fit). Some are just stupid (like MY TESLA -- although, it might be fun to get STOLEN). What's interesting is that almost none of them are statements about the driver. They're all statements about Tesla, EVs, oil, etc. Curious. The Model S itself is already such a powerful statement, you'd think people would be inclined to use the license plate for identity more than solidarity (which seems a given).

New plate arrived last night:

3azuhyvy.jpg

Lots of great plates here! This one reminds me of the Seinfeld soup Nazi - I assume that is intentional?
I've never had a vanity plate before, and I'm in my fifties now. I think it was a combination of the cost and uniqueness of the car, and probably my obsession with it that led to me getting a vanity plate this time. I've basically pulled out all the stops with this car - its the first car I've ever had fully wrapped too. My vanity plate "amped" is not original (several TMC members have variations on this word) but I liked that it refers to myself being "Amped up" while driving it and the car's use of electric current (not to get into a debate about power versus current). As a side line, I am a guitarist with a few electric guitars and a couple of amps so it kind of works there too. The only down side to me is that if I'm not driving nicely the plate is easy to remember (plus there are only a handful of Teslas in our city).