Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very excited got delivery button today and completed the form. Estimated delivery 2/7 - 2/21! Reservation 12,991. Finalized 1/9. Things are moving very fast.

85kwh Green, Tan Interior, Tech, Pano, Sound and Body Armor.

That's the good news the bad news is I will be away the last week of the window so I bet my delivery will slip until the following week. Oh well, still 7 months sooner than I expected.

Very excited got delivery button today and completed the form. Estimated delivery 2/7 - 2/21! Reservation 12,991. Finalized 1/9. Things are moving very fast.

Hmmm, part of me wants to call Tesla and see where I am, as my res number was 12645, and I finalized a few days after you. But on the other hand, my garage is no where near ready to get the car. Electrical work isn't scheduled until mid-February, and I need to rearrange my entire garage to get the MS to fit inside (it is significantly longer than any other car I've put in the garage, so I have to move all my shelving units around).

Decisions, decisions. Let's see how long I can turn a blind eye before my curiosity kills me.

Hmmm, part of me wants to call Tesla and see where I am, as my res number was 12645, and I finalized a few days after you. But on the other hand, my garage is no where near ready to get the car. Electrical work isn't scheduled until mid-February, and I need to rearrange my entire garage to get the MS to fit inside (it is significantly longer than any other car I've put in the garage, so I have to move all my shelving units around).

Decisions, decisions. Let's see how long I can turn a blind eye before my curiosity kills me.

Probably better to know. Otherwise they may contact you and tell you your car is ready to pick up. I'm in pretty much the same situation. My electrical is scheduled for the second week of February, I'm out of the country until January 29th and I also need to do a lot of rearranging of the garage. I just got a delivery window of 2/2-2/16. I'm not sure at what point they would have contacted my if I hadn't emailed them to ask.

85kwh Green, Tan Interior, Tech, Pano, Sound and Body Armor.

hmm I finalized a day before you on 1/8 but haven't received my delivery button yet. Though I was P13306, with the estimated time of Feb/March. I didn't order anything that would cause delay - 85kWh Performance, Black/Tan, Obeche Wood Gloss, 19", Tech, Pano, Sound, Dual Chargers, Air Susp, HPWC ... I guess I should be receiving my delivery button very very soon ;)

Probably better to know. Otherwise they may contact you and tell you your car is ready to pick up. I'm in pretty much the same situation. My electrical is scheduled for the second week of February, I'm out of the country until January 29th and I also need to do a lot of rearranging of the garage. I just got a delivery window of 2/2-2/16. I'm not sure at what point they would have contacted my if I hadn't emailed them to ask.
I finished finalize last week and noticed that the contract gives you 30 days to take delivery once they notify you that you can. Difficult to wait but if not ready can ask for the thirty days

I finished finalize last week and noticed that the contract gives you 30 days to take delivery once they notify you that you can. Difficult to wait but if not ready can ask for the thirty days

No, I can clean out the garage pretty quickly when motivated ;-) If the 240 outlet isn't ready (I need a new buried conduit and a sub panel for the detached garage) I'll do a combination of 110 charging and charging at work. Then I plan to see if my wife is interested in doing some shopping at the Gilroy outlets on the weekend, which are 35 miles away ;-) I normally don't drive much during the week, and doing a drive to Gilroy across Hecker pass would be a lot of fun.

Things I learned on a factory tour today:

The last 3 cars coming off final assembly were vin's 4211, 4174, 4149

Apparently vin's are assigned sequentially to each body in white, however the bodies in white are held and batched by color through paint, so they don't always end up in order in final assembly. Bodies pulled for rework also disrupt the sequence.

There were a couple cars pulled off at the end for rework with notes like 'door handles not working' taped to them. They both had vins in the very high 3000's

Dies for the Model X will start arriving in Q2 and it will be built on the same line as the S

We drove to the side of the factory and saw maybe 60 cars waiting for shipment.

All in all the tour was very interesting. We could have spent a bit more time looking at the various stages of final assembly.

One additional note.... we saw Elon ride by on a bike

Last edited: