Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been given a delivery window of 2/16 to 3/2 for home delivery. I have just been assuming there's no way I'd actually have it then and in my mind have just been adding a month, so 3/16 to 4/2.

Today I decided to download the Tesla Ap for iPhone so I could play with it. Disappointingly you can't do anything with it, not even explore until you turn on Remote Access in the car, which is impossible to do when you don't have the car. But the exciting news is that at the top it has VIN P04923. I've never been told I have a VIN so it was exciting to see it there. I assume that really is the VIN because I had to login to My Tesla before it popped up.

so there's a little delivery / VIN news from the apple country of Washington State.

That's awesome..I check my app everyday with no luck. just curious. could you share your seq #, when you finalized, signed pre-MVPA and what your specs are? 60 vs. 85? thanks...

Discovered VIN 5088 with Android today
Reserved #13045 10/24
Configured 1/8 estimated Feb/Mar delivery
Paperwork signed 1/9
Delivery window 2/21– 3/7
60 – Pearl – Tan – Air – Tech – 21” - Matte

This past week they obviously decided to go ahead and continue building some 60's with later windows instead of switching back to building 85's. I haven't heard of any new 85 VINs recently. There's a bunch of us waiting, so hopefully we'll get some >5000 85 VINs soon.

@gregincal....Yeah...I agree. numbers higher are getting made before many of us because they're 60. maybe I shoulda gotten 60 battery. I got 85 thinking I would get it sooner than 60s. Oh well. waiting and not know is killing me....

Today I decided to download the Tesla Ap for iPhone so I could play with it. Disappointingly you can't do anything with it, not even explore until you turn on Remote Access in the car, which is impossible to do when you don't have the car. But the exciting news is that at the top it has VIN P04923. I've never been told I have a VIN so it was exciting to see it there. I assume that really is the VIN because I had to login to My Tesla before it popped up.

Wow, your right. I just tried it and found I have VIN 5130!

Wow, Toto. You have some amazing resources of patience. I've normally been pretty good on the wait (not 100%, but normally). I've tried to keep the people like you in mind, who had already been waiting for years before I even heard of the car, whenever I felt myself getting impatient.

Thank you.. and you know what... got a call today saying that the truck isdelay at the border... the delivery moved from monday to Wednesday... a little bit more to wait!!!

Can P#5

Made Reservation: 03/28/09
Test Drive: 07/20/12
Configured: 12/4/12
Received VIN: 01/22/13
Pick Up at Svc Ctr: 02/13/13 hopefully!!!

Picked up #4449 at the factory today. The car is amazing. Only due bill item is the chrome trim for the UMC. I'd suggest that anyone that can pick up the car at the factory, do it. You will probably get your car sooner and the factory tour is pretty cool. Photos to come.

Picked up #4449 at the factory today. The car is amazing. Only due bill item is the chrome trim for the UMC. I'd suggest that anyone that can pick up the car at the factory, do it. You will probably get your car sooner and the factory tour is pretty cool. Photos to come.

I'm glad you mentioned the trim; I forgot about that and I had an old version of the checklist (dunno if it's on there now) that someone here made, so it wasn't in my list.

VIN #4270: Picked up at Rockville Service Center; see the other thread for details. (I still don't know what/why the diff with these two delivery threads.) Lessee, the all-important timeline:

• 02-17-2011: Registered at teslamotors.com, but I think I started following before that (before Model S announced, for sure)
  • 03-28-2012: Reserved the car
  • 07-13-2012: My birthday, plus I test drove at Get Amped
  • 11-12-2012: Got the "Build your Model S" e-mail
  • 12-06-2012: Got the "Want it ASAP?" e-mail (oh Tesla, you tricked me!)
  • 12-10-2012: First chat with my PS, Andy
  • 01-24-2013: Andy e-mailed me the VIN!
  • 01-31-2013: Andy said my car just left for MD!!
  • 02-01-2013: Signed and got Tesla-signed MVPA
  • 02-07-2013: Jamee called to set up 4 PM 02-09 delivery!!!
  • 02-09-2013: OMG I GOT THE CAR!!!!!!

Whew! So happy! :biggrin: :cool: :love: :tongue:

Good to hear another report that Paint Armor was not on the due bill. But where the heck is my #4429? Read a report today of performance #4605 being picked up in Bellevue (Seattle area) today. From what I can see, several performance cars with higher VINs are being delivered. And looks like 60s are being given some priority now, but that is OK with me, they have been waiting a long time.

Oh well. Waited for the LEAF, guess I can wait a bit more for the S - I'm burning mostly Watts, little oil.

Good to hear another report that Paint Armor was not on the due bill. But where the heck is my #4429? Read a report today of performance #4605 being picked up in Bellevue (Seattle area) today. From what I can see, several performance cars with higher VINs are being delivered. And looks like 60s are being given some priority now, but that is OK with me, they have been waiting a long time.

Oh well. Waited for the LEAF, guess I can wait a bit more for the S - I'm burning mostly Watts, little oil.

There are some 60s w seq numbers in 13,xxx already have vins while some of us 85s in 11,xxx and 12,xxx are still waiting patiently. I'm happy for them though and 60s w earlier seq number are well deserved. I just hope that tesla doesn't go too crazy w batching and go too far off the seq numbers.