Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm reservation # 10542.
By the time I got my Vin 4957 they had already built the car. By the time I got my paperwork it was already being shipped.
Still waiting on a delivery date, but I had to rush the financing since I got so little warning.

Remember to keep calling if you are close or they will get ahead of you.

My wait is nearly over ;-)

Good Luck to all

I'm reservation # 10542.
By the time I got my Vin 4957 they had already built the car. By the time I got my paperwork it was already being shipped.
Still waiting on a delivery date, but I had to rush the financing since I got so little warning.

Remember to keep calling if you are close or they will get ahead of you.

My wait is nearly over ;-)

Good Luck to all

Damian,

Nice to see your post. I'm only seven cars behind you! I haven't heard anything yet regarding delivery or VIN, but I imagine I will this week.

Cheers, Todd

The mobile app is still telling me no vehicle linked yet... perf 85, sequence #11380. I figure it can't be long now, but I must admit I'm annoyed that my delivery window was so off the mark. It was originally Jan 23rd - Feb 6th, which I can only assume was given to me before they decided to make nothing but 60's for a while.

The mobile app is still telling me no vehicle linked yet... perf 85, sequence #11380. I figure it can't be long now, but I must admit I'm annoyed that my delivery window was so off the mark. It was originally Jan 23rd - Feb 6th, which I can only assume was given to me before they decided to make nothing but 60's for a while.

Man, I feel for you. My window closes in 5 days and I've been annoyed this past week, so I can only imagine how you feel. I saw 13,xxx with 60 get their VIN, so I think they just went nuts building 60s.

Man, I feel for you. My window closes in 5 days and I've been annoyed this past week, so I can only imagine how you feel. I saw 13,xxx with 60 get their VIN, so I think they just went nuts building 60s.

It does sound annoying. But considering production Model S 60kWh reservation #800 was just delivered 1 week ago, I feel some 60 kWh owners have waited long enough :tongue:

I'm glad you mentioned the trim; I forgot about that and I had an old version of the checklist (dunno if it's on there now) that someone here made, so it wasn't in my list.

VIN #4270: Picked up at Rockville Service Center; see the other thread for details. (I still don't know what/why the diff with these two delivery threads.) Lessee, the all-important timeline:

• 02-17-2011: Registered at teslamotors.com, but I think I started following before that (before Model S announced, for sure)
  • 03-28-2012: Reserved the car
  • 07-13-2012: My birthday, plus I test drove at Get Amped
  • 11-12-2012: Got the "Build your Model S" e-mail
  • 12-06-2012: Got the "Want it ASAP?" e-mail (oh Tesla, you tricked me!)
  • 12-10-2012: First chat with my PS, Andy
  • 01-24-2013: Andy e-mailed me the VIN!
  • 01-31-2013: Andy said my car just left for MD!!
  • 02-01-2013: Signed and got Tesla-signed MVPA
  • 02-07-2013: Jamee called to set up 4 PM 02-09 delivery!!!
  • 02-09-2013: OMG I GOT THE CAR!!!!!!

Whew! So happy! :biggrin: :cool: :love: :tongue:

Congratulations Kendall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It does sound annoying. But considering production Model S 60kWh reservation #800 was just delivered 1 week ago, I feel some 60 kWh owners have waited long enough :tongue:

True enough, I didn't expect the car this early when I placed my reservation in August, so I'm not upset. Still, I feel a little jerked around - first it was ~9 months, then it was "surprise, more or less end of January!" and now it's basically "we have absolutely no idea".

Called TM on Friday and they told me that I will not get my VIN until mid march with delivery expectation end of March. Too long for me! Today I got an email that I am approved for Penfed financing. Hope TM will improve on these dates.

Not sure I believe it, but I spoke to someone at TM on Friday and they claimed that my car would be complete by Feb 25th - no VIN yet. I'm 15,271 (pretty similar spec to yours, but gray exterior). I'm going call again this week to see if the story remains the same.

Not sure I believe it, but I spoke to someone at TM on Friday and they claimed that my car would be complete by Feb 25th - no VIN yet. I'm 15,271 (pretty similar spec to yours, but gray exterior). I'm going call again this week to see if the story remains the same.

I'm 15,216 - similar options in Blue - and my reservation number just disappeared from my Telsa Page. Guess I'll be calling Monday too :)

Yikes!

Delivery button just popped up! I check the GD page 5+ times daily and now I'm going to the website to check on getting some plug adapters and there it is. On a Sunday!

Reserved 11/30
Finalized 1/18
Delivery Window 3/6 - 3/20

Double Yikes! Saw your quote and went to My Tesla - and there it was! March 1-15. I live in San Diego, but I am going to fly up for a factory pick-up. This will be a long month :)

Just got my red "Delivery" button tonight at 6PM (reservation 15005), too! Green/tan non-perf 85 with pano/twin chargers/tech/air. Seems they are back to building 85's. Delivery estimate March 1-15. Reserved 11/30, finalize button 1/17, signed papers next day.

My heart is still pounding.