Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto!!!! Original reservation sequence 15,8xx finalized on 1/22/13, delivery button 2/10/13 with projected delivery window of March 1 - 15th. 85kw Grey/Grey Pano, tech, sound, air. I have been checking this forum and my dashboard multiple times a day. I was excited like others to see the RED delivery button. Immediately confirmed/completed all the requested data. Now I just need the VIN so that I can complete my financing arrangements. I finally had a chance to do a test drive yesterday which was spectacular. Then this morning I was out walking and saw a gorgeous blue Tesla drive down the street. Definitely seeing more of them on the roads in Los Angeles. Thank you to everyone for sharing as they have helped me estimate the timing. Look forward to talking to the DS and getting more details.

I assume that it is normal that after you submit all the delivery information for the red delivery button to go away. Makes sense but now I wish that I had printed the screen to have printed confirmation of the two week delivery window as it is not yet showing up on my dashboard.

Last edited:
Checked the site and found my Delivery button a little before 9pm Eastern! Submitted a little while ago and got a window of March 6-20 - nice because winter should be nearly over by then. When I reserved last fall I expected to get the car in July or August - excited to have it much earlier. No VIN yet.

Reservation 13743: Nov 11 2012
Config email: Jan 11 2013
Config submitted: Jan 22
Paperwork complete: Jan 23
Delivery button appeared/submitted: Feb 10
Delivery window: Mar 6-20

Ditto!!!! Original reservation sequence 15,8xx finalized on 1/22/13, delivery button 2/10/13 with projected delivery window of March 1 - 15th. 85kw Grey/Grey Pano, tech, sound, air. I have been checking this forum and my dashboard multiple times a day. I was excited like others to see the RED delivery button. Immediately confirmed/completed all the requested data. Now I just need the VIN so that I can complete my financing arrangements. I finally had a chance to do a test drive yesterday which was spectacular. Then this morning I was out walking and saw a gorgeous blue Tesla drive down the street. Definitely seeing more of them on the roads in Los Angeles. Thank you to everyone for sharing as they have helped me estimate the timing. Look forward to talking to the DS and getting more details.

Omg! I just got my delivery button as well..
This is all happening so fast! Idk if I'll be able to get the money so quickly.

1/11/13- Visited Tesla Showroom for the first time ever!
1/12/13- Test drove the Model S performance with my parents
1/14/13- Put down $5,000 deposit and reserved my car: Res. # 18,278
2/04/13- Got my 'Finalize' button, built my car: Awesome, I also received my finalize button today.
Got the finalize button at 8:34PM, Reservation #18,278. Finalized my car at 9:42
Tesla Model S Performance, Pearl White, All Glass Panoramic, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 19" Wheels, Tan Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Tech Package, Sound Package, Paint Armor, Twin Chargers + High Power Wall Connector.
Initial delivery window: March/April
2/10/13- Recieved my Delivery button... Delivery Estimate March 13-March 27

Will keep everyone updated with more posts/pictures etc.

Last edited:
They're busy all the time at Tesla, eh? Someone else from these forums just told me his delivery button just showed up this evening, too. Congrats, folks! One step closer!

- - - Updated - - -

I assume that it is normal that after you submit all the delivery information for the red delivery button to go away. Makes sense but now I wish that I had printed the screen to have printed confirmation of the two week delivery window as it is not yet showing up on my dashboard.

Yes, this is normal; you only need to fill it out once.

Note: It may show up again randomly. I filled mine out months ago, then a month or two ago it showed up again but did nothing (redirected a few times to bring me back to the My Tesla page). Very confusing, but my PS said it didn't do anything then because I'd filled out the info already. So if it shows up again and doesn't seem to work, ignore it--you only fill out the info once.

After reading about your delivery buttons I had to go check and There It WAS! My heart started racing...should I press it..yes I did!
Reserved 11/27/12 #14409
Invitation to Configure 1/15/13
Finalized on 2/1/13
Initial paperwork received on 2/4/13
Docusigned 2/5/13
Delivery Button 2/10/13

Shows an expected pickup at Seattle Service Center March 1 - 15. This is so fast it must fit what they are batching now.85kWh non perf, Grey/Grey/Lacewood/Pano/Sound/Tech/Air/21"/Twin Chargers

I just discovered my delivery button as well. Mar 13 - Mar 27 delivery window. I finalized and did papers on January 22... called last week and the date for my car to be off the production line is Mar 4.

one issue for me... I live closer to Toronto than any other service center, but live in New York. This was the service center listed within the delivery info. I need to figure out if thats going to cause any problems at the border. Im not about to pay duty or have them claim i'm importing a car... anyone else out there with any experience like this?

FWIW my delivery was Feb 8th, in the fist week of the delivery window and 4 months earlier than I was told at reservation, minus the 40 and 60 battery packs and the red it's all about BATCHING, thats why they take so many finalize lists, then they can put thru 100's of similar and geographical like destinations. It,s very good business, please try to be patient, it is all worth
SAM_1594.jpg
SAM_1595.jpg
SAM_1596.jpg
SAM_1597.jpg
the wait, I knows it's hard, been there done that but this is the real deal, it is just too much fun, here's after the first bath.

Got my Delivery button today too. Wow, they are moving fast. Much faster than they told me in early January at the San Diego Tesla showroom! Better get the garage ready.

#18,418
Reserved 1/19/13
Pre-MVPA counter signed on 2/6/13
Delivery Button 2/10/13
Delivery Estimate: 3/1-3/15/13
85kWh standard performance, Blue Metallic, Grey Leather, Piano Black, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano.

I have to agree with Highedu on this one. I also have delivery date of 2/2 - 2/16 and no VIN yet. When I spoke with my PS on Friday, he told me that there is a good chance I may not make my delivery window and will let me know what my new delivery date would be this coming week. I'm hoping to get my VIN and my delivery soon after and hope to make the window, but since it takes them 5-7 days to build my car, and then ship it, I doubt that I'll make my window. I would be very happy if I'm proved wrong.