Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got vin 5776 monday via app. spoke to DS today. got full vin. She said car was complete and "awaiting transport" to Chicago svc center, then 2-3 days to detal, then the Chicago svc center manager (Lee) would contact me to arrange delivery from Chicago to Minnesota. She estimated 2 weeks until it is my driveway. Final MVPA within 24hours.

anyone have insight into transit times ??

I got my VIN via the app today and called. She gave me the full VIN and told me they currently indicate mid to late march (my window is Feb 26 - March 12). She did say it could be much sooner. I am hoping the current estimate is inaccurate due to my calling only an hour or less after the app showed the VIN.

My VIN appeared this morning, 5779, my delivery window is 2/22 to 3/8.
I have not called Tesla, and i'm not planning on doing so, even thou I'm anxious... I'm going to let the system do it's job.
Alan

I am with you on this.

Have not talked to anybody since my reservation. Am not planning on ever talking to anyone until I pick up the car.

When the VIN is ready they will let me know. No reason to call every other day and bounce around between PS, DS, etc.

:)

This soon-to-be owner of #19,144 patiently awaits his S in Anchorage, AK. Ordered on 2/10/13. *grin*

Model S Performance
Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
19" Wheels
Tan Performance Interior
Lacewood Décor
85 kWh Battery
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Active Air Suspension
Rear Facing Seats
Paint Armor
Twin Chargers
High Power Wall Connector
Supercharger Hardware

I think the web age and App are not being updated regularly. Neither the web page or the App indicate I have been assigned. Yet, when I called the 877 telephone number (selecting option 4), the Tesla rep told me he had the VIN for my car, and gave the entire number. The last 4 digits are 6087. Delivery is supposed to be between March 6 and March 20, according to the email that was previously sent to me. This is a white performance model.

Bank of America excellent to work with!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't remember all my dates. I think I finalized in late November when we got notice they were raising the price. In my mind I had always told myself I'd get the car in late March or April, so delivery of feb 27 at 4pm at my home in Wenatchee WA is WAY ahead of that.

60khz battery. Gray with black roof. Air susp.

MVPA #2 complete and electronically signed. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday. They asked to move up the time so I think that's an excellent sign.

Vin 04923.

Just got my vin this morning on the iPhone app! It's listed as P05785.

I'm reservation 16,132 and finalized on 1-22-2013 so I think I must have won the configuration lottery or something :)

85 kWh non-perf, blue/black leather/obeche gloss, tech, sound, air susp, parcel shelf

I happened to get mine from the iphone app a few days ago - P05784. Not sure when it was actually first available. In any case, one digit removed, our cars must be moving through the line together :) Coincidentally, my config is very similar to yours.

Just got my vin this morning on the iPhone app! It's listed as P05785.

I'm reservation 16,132 and finalized on 1-22-2013 so I think I must have won the configuration lottery or something :)

85 kWh non-perf, blue/black leather/obeche gloss, tech, sound, air susp, parcel shelf

I am 16,429, almost identical configuration except the P version, Pano and 21".

Must be right behind you. I configured 1/24 and received the countersigned back on 1/25

(Must go and check app... :))

With Vins for cars with reservations 1100 after mine, I couldn't take it any more and called Tesla this AM. While nothing has changed on my dashboard or iPhone app, they had my vin, 6017!

Reservation 15005, Std 85, green/tan, pano, twin chargers, tech, air, sound. Reservation 11/30/12, finalized 1/17, delivery button 2/10. Estimated delivery unchanged, 3/1-3/15.

I am 16,429, almost identical configuration except the P version, Pano and 21".

Must be right behind you. I configured 1/24 and received the countersigned back on 1/25

(Must go and check app... :))

16402, hope shortly before you :) No VIN yet. It would come as an absolute surprise to me if we get a vin this week. It would mean we get our cars at the beginning of the delivery window !!

I happened to get mine from the iphone app a few days ago - P05784. Not sure when it was actually first available. In any case, one digit removed, our cars must be moving through the line together :) Coincidentally, my config is very similar to yours.

Cool :) Are you doing a factory pickup as well? I don't know where "Winquist" is so I have no idea how silly of a question that is to ask.

I'm curious how they are batching these- would you mind sharing your full config? Plug Me In probably has a good point- opting for the factory pickup probably helped expedite things. And it will be interesting to see what VIN Kaivball gets since he has the performance version, pano sunroof, and 21" wheels.

Cool :) Are you doing a factory pickup as well? I don't know where "Winquist" is so I have no idea how silly of a question that is to ask.

I'm curious how they are batching these- would you mind sharing your full config? Plug Me In probably has a good point- opting for the factory pickup probably helped expedite things. And it will be interesting to see what VIN Kaivball gets since he has the performance version, pano sunroof, and 21" wheels.

Mine is alos P85 with Pano and 21 (gray) wheels...Can't wait to get a VIN :)

Interesting thing on batching. According to our tour guide there is some batching by color. And sure enough even though the colors were interspersed on the line, all the cars on the line when we toured were either White, Silver or Brown. Not one single Blue car (although cars in testing were of all colors, so each day or even shift could have a separate color batch). They have racks of all three wheels to attach when the car gets to that point, so certainly no batching by wheel (unless they happen to run out, I suppose).

Recent VIN's look like Non-Performance cars. Maybe performance batching left me behind? I'm not used to being left behind.....oh well, maybe the wait will build character?

Interesting thing on batching. According to our tour guide there is some batching by color. And sure enough even though the colors were interspersed on the line, all the cars on the line when we toured were either White, Silver or Brown. Not one single Blue car (although cars in testing were of all colors, so each day or even shift could have a separate color batch). They have racks of all three wheels to attach when the car gets to that point, so certainly no batching by wheel (unless they happen to run out, I suppose).