Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, this is NOT about the delay. It's about lies.

Are you telling me "10 - 14 weeks" was an actual, best estimate, based on some internal production velocity metrics and burndown chart? What about June? July? August? Sept 1-15? Sep 15-30? Sep 20-Oct 10? on and on and on. You believe these were actual calculations and the intent was a sincere desire to convey to us to the truth about when my product would be delivered?

If you believe this is true, I have some beach front property to sell you in Florida.

I have been a huge Tesla fan, and by them continuing to lie to me, they have changed my opinion. This is not how I wanted this to go.

I run a large, global organization within one of the largest and most profitable/valuable companies on the planet. I understand a little about supply chains, estimates, shifting dates, roadmaps, and such. There is NO excuse for communicating dates over and over which you know are false. I could never do this to my customers.

Let's be real here folks, the truth would have been something like this: in Q1 2021 if you ordered a model S LR, it should have said "Estimated delivery: 6 - 12 months". If they had opted for "6 months" to be optimistic, and then shifted this by a quarter when that clearly was not happening, i'd be more understanding. But to feed me *sugar* dates like this, in a steady stream, for months on end, is unacceptable. You know this is true.
See… this is the problem… expectations.
As a responsible executive, you expect work level attitudes from to transfer over into personal stuff. That’s the problem.

do I have the same time expectations of my lawn care service or flooring contractor as I do of my work related providers? No.

when they say 9:30, they really mean sometime today or tomorrow or whenever! Lowering expectations makes me happy! Try it too?

So one thing I have constantly thought about regarding the turn signals and the yoke: to engage the right turn signal with a stalk, you would push the stalk up. On the yoke, the top button is the right signal. To turn to the left, you would push a stalk down and the bottom button is the left signal. It seems straight forward

Exactly. Also, to turn to the right your left hand pushes the yoke up and right signal is up. To turn to the left your left hand pushes the yoke down and left signal is down on the bottom.

It is still annoying — adding cognitive load where previously the action was automatic muscle memory. . . . .

time for an update on my wonderful SA experience

Email correspondence only:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your SA (Sales Advisor)
2/22---Me--"Hi SA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
<crickets>
2/25---Me--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---Me--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
<crickets>
5/24---Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?
<crickets>
6/14--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
6/25--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
7/20--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
9/7--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
10/1--Me--"Sending my monthly email to see if you have heard any news on deliveries for the refreshed MSLR. How many have been delivered here in Atlanta? Percentage of Plaids to LR?
Also, If you have any EOQ cars that were not picked up, let me know. My current vehicle was just totaled due to a tree falling on it thus I might be interested in taking delivery before my current estimate."

Needless to say, I am not holding my breath on a response.
Fire said SA… it’s really easy and they are likely to get a demerit somehow! Then the one who picks you up goes the extra mile! I know :)

See… this is the problem… expectations.
As a responsible executive, you expect work level attitudes from to transfer over into personal stuff. That’s the problem.

do I have the same time expectations of my lawn care service or flooring contractor as I do of my work related providers? No.

when they say 9:30, they really mean sometime today or tomorrow or whenever! Lowering expectations makes me happy! Try it too?
So uh, I should treat Tesla like my local kid who mows lawns? C'mon!

Reactions: impastu
How does one Fire an SA? Do I text the guy and say, "You're fired! Get me a new one". Genuinely interested because I am clearly at my wits end.
Here’s what I did. Went to LinkedIn and looked for the local Tesla delivery operations manager. That’s the SA’s boss. Messaged him there.

Also, tesla emails are first initial last name (no dot or underscore) at Tesla dot com. He replied and I said I need a change - the old SA is probably better at non people facing efforts!

Done!

That's some serious damage for a parking lot knock! Sorry to hear it.
I tried uploading the video a few times but I can't seem to get this forum to accept it. It was a Range Rover that backed into me. He was only about 3 feet away when he started backing up, but his bumper sits much higher than mine, so he caught my trunk lid as well. I have a lot of worries right now about this guy making good on paying for it. I have a few windows of availability to keep an eye on right now with regards to reporting the accident and/or making an insurance claim. Hopefully this al resolves within the next two weeks.

Here's two screen shots from my phone, showing the distance he started from, and then the impact.
5A5FBD81-593D-401A-BE5F-91F8933337F8.jpeg

7CC9DFAA-6759-44E1-B853-C21E8AF29CD6.jpeg

I didn't notice it at first, but he caught the lip of the trunk lid and bent it.

Here’s what I did. Went to LinkedIn and looked for the local Tesla delivery operations manager. That’s the SA’s boss. Messaged him there.

Also, tesla emails are first initial last name (no dot or underscore) at Tesla dot com. He replied and I said I need a change - the old SA is probably better at non people facing efforts!

Done!
Wow, that's pretty strong, sending his boss an InMail. Maybe on LinkedIn I could get a little better treatment than being some random dickhead in a text message.

I tried uploading the video a few times but I can't seem to get this forum to accept it. It was a Range Rover that backed into me. He was only about 3 feet away when he started backing up, but his bumper sits much higher than mine, so he caught my trunk lid as well. I have a lot of worries right now about this guy making good on paying for it. I have a few windows of availability to keep an eye on right now with regards to reporting the accident and/or making an insurance claim. Hopefully this al resolves within the next two weeks.

Here's two screen shots from my phone, showing the distance he started from, and then the impact.
View attachment 716651
View attachment 716653

I didn't notice it at first, but he caught the lip of the trunk lid and bent it.
Dude that stinks. I feel for ya.😨🙂

Again, this is NOT about the delay. It's about lies.

Are you telling me "10 - 14 weeks" was an actual, best estimate, based on some internal production velocity metrics and burndown chart? What about June? July? August? Sept 1-15? Sep 15-30? Sep 20-Oct 10? on and on and on. You believe these were actual calculations and the intent was a sincere desire to convey to us to the truth about when my product would be delivered?

If you believe this is true, I have some beach front property to sell you in Florida.

I have been a huge Tesla fan, and by them continuing to lie to me, they have changed my opinion. This is not how I wanted this to go.

I run a large, global organization within one of the largest and most profitable/valuable companies on the planet. I understand a little about supply chains, estimates, shifting dates, roadmaps, and such. There is NO excuse for communicating dates over and over which you know are false. I could never do this to my customers.

Let's be real here folks, the truth would have been something like this: in Q1 2021 if you ordered a model S LR, it should have said "Estimated delivery: 6 - 12 months". If they had opted for "6 months" to be optimistic, and then shifted this by a quarter when that clearly was not happening, i'd be more understanding. But to feed me *sugar* dates like this, in a steady stream, for months on end, is unacceptable. You know this is true.
Meh...

They are a bunch of tech geeks trying to build products. They suck at logistics and customer service, bumbling could be a better description. I knew that going in. No surprise. Moving dates and delivery failures also MEH. Not going to pretend getting the car was going to be a perfect experience or even close. That would be lying to myself. Not about to do that.

Others can feel free to do so. For those that can do it better on a global scale, send a proposal. Seems like a business opportunity.

I am glad to have my car and glad to have paid money to the company that created it so they can continue to improve their technology. I also provided very clear feedback on what could have been better after receiving the car.

Cheers

Meh...

They are a bunch of tech geeks trying to build products. They suck at logistics and customer service, bumbling could be a better description. I knew that going in. No surprise. Moving dates and delivery failures also MEH. Not going to pretend getting the car was going to be a perfect experience or even close. That would be lying to myself. Not about to do that.

Others can feel free to do so. For those that can do it better on a global scale, send a proposal. Seems like a business opportunity.

I am glad to have my car and glad to have paid money to the company that created it so they can continue to improve their technology. I also provided very clear feedback on what could have been better after receiving the car.

Cheers
I wish I could get on board with this "not perfect" and "just tech geeks". I've grown cynical. They know exactly what they are doing, and it's keeping the orders alive. Many orders would never have happened, or would have been canceled, if the dates were honest.

A few months ago the "us vs. them" in this forum was Plaid vs. LR. Now it's "have a car" vs. "still waiting" :)

Ouch! I still have PTSD whenever I see a woman in a Honda minivan. Even if it isn’t moving.

It's about lies.
This is so ripe:

There are no facts — only interpretations.

The lie is a condition of life.

Tesla often aims high, attempting the impossible, and often misses their self-imposed impossible target that they aimed for, but still achieves greatness (except the damn yoke).

no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible.

This is so ripe:

There are no facts — only interpretations.

The lie is a condition of life.

Tesla often aims high, attempting the impossible, and often misses their self-imposed impossible target that they aimed for, but still achieves greatness (except the damn yoke).

no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible.
Yes, the irony is not an accident.

Friedrich Nietzsche, a wealthy capitalist, is pissed about his car, okay?