Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S floor mats in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the embroidered Tesla T. I like the embroidered logo, but you can hardly see it.

E37C8416.jpg

LOL.. have plenty of LN planes, but no No 5. Currently use a old bedrock 605 though..

Oooo, nice. Those old planes are in a class by themselves.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

I got my shipping notification for the all-weather Telsa-branded frunk mat. It should be arriving on Thursday, which is the same day I get my car. I used to refresh the "Delivery Dates and Sequencing" thread every five minutes, but now I find myself visiting the Tesla store every five minutes to see if they've added the all-weather mats for the rest of the car. Anyone have any idea when they'll be released?

Car was delivered 10 days ago - and came with the standard front seat mats. Missing the cover for the rear trunk well (made a temporary cover until the Tesla part comes in).

I ordered the full Tesla mat set when I finalized my delivery plans (about 10 days before delivery).

The interior mats were delivered on Thursday. And I just got an e-mail that another part of my order (hopefully the frunk and trunk mats) will be shipping shortly.

The Tesla mats are much thicker than the standard mats -and eliminates the 'drooping' problem with the standard passenger mat.

I don't know if Tesla puts protectant on the carpet and the mats, but just to be sure, I sprayed everything with scotch gard (carpet and mats) before installing the new mats.

I am kind of annoyed by the Tesla store ordering process.

1. Charged me the $700+ upfront to my credit card, even though they didn't ship right away.
2. Items were not shown as backordered, so I expect them to be delivered in a timely manner, which they were not.

I ordered interior, trunk, and frunk sets Jan 17. Jan 23, the interior set shipped. Today (Feb 2), the frunk set shipped. Trunk set is still MIA.

I'm a big boy. If they are backordered, then so be it, just let me know that, and don't jack all my money up front for something you haven't shipped to me. Last I checked it was 2013, not 2003. e-commerce has come a long way, including the ability to put things on backorder, send out informative emails, and, shockingly, only charge people for what you've actually shipped them.

Received my interior and frunk mats from Tesla store. Still waiting for the trunk mats.
I like the look and feel of the mats, but the interior mats are too thin in my opinion. I think the thicker frunk mat is much richer looking. I wonder why thy don't use the same thick material for the interior mats.

picking up my MS tomorrow morning at the Chicago SC

Other automakers charge for floor mats in theory, but not necessarily in practice. I've found most dealers throw them in as an enticement to buy a car.

I bought Lloyd Luxe mats in anticipation of getting my Model S. Now that it's here, though, I'm thinking of using the OEM mats for the winter, putting the Lloyd mats in when there's less snow, mud, and salt around. The OEM mats are thin, but they're not terrible.

The point I was trying to make is that other major automakers charge for mats, even on their highest models. Why should Tesla "throw them in" on everyone's purchase?

Oooo, nice. Those old planes are in a class by themselves.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

I got my shipping notification for the all-weather Telsa-branded frunk mat. It should be arriving on Thursday, which is the same day I get my car. I used to refresh the "Delivery Dates and Sequencing" thread every five minutes, but now I find myself visiting the Tesla store every five minutes to see if they've added the all-weather mats for the rest of the car. Anyone have any idea when they'll be released?

Any news/updates on the all-weather mats for the rest of the car? On a separate note, which trunk mats should be ordered with the rear-facing seats? Thanks!