Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Maintenance Schedule Breakdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is part of the exact thing I wonder about because Tesla won't disclose my CPO's previous vehicle history. The car originally was put in service in 2Q 2013 and was delivered to me with 30,443. So, was the 2 year/24k mile brake fluid change performed?!? Something I am unable to answer and after all the stuff that wasn't done to/condition of my car, I have zero faith that the fluid was changed when it was supposed to be.

Thankfully, Tesla relented and just replaced all my rotors and calipers, which also meant flushing the brake fluid, so now I know this was done. I'm guessing I should restart the calculations based on this mileage?

This is part of the exact thing I wonder about because Tesla won't disclose my CPO's previous vehicle history. The car originally was put in service in 2Q 2013 and was delivered to me with 30,443. So, was the 2 year/24k mile brake fluid change performed?!? Something I am unable to answer and after all the stuff that wasn't done to/condition of my car, I have zero faith that the fluid was changed when it was supposed to be.

Thankfully, Tesla relented and just replaced all my rotors and calipers, which also meant flushing the brake fluid, so now I know this was done. I'm guessing I should restart the calculations based on this mileage?
Was there a problem with the rotors and pads?

Was there a problem with the rotors and pads?

Functionally, no. But in the linked thread, you can see that they were covered in rust when delivered to me. Tesla changed the rear rotors about two weeks ago and changed the front rotors and all 6 calipers two days ago. Had they not done this, I would have continued to be concerned that I do not know when the brake fluid was last changed, if ever.

Also, when should the battery coolant flush be done -- 5 years/62.5k miles from original in-service date, or CPO delivery? Again, probably not an issue in my scenario as my battery is being refurbished (so it may have the fluids flushed as part of that), but generally speaking, the coolant in a CPO car will be the original factory-supplied coolant when the car was built.

FWIW you dont need to rotate tires every 5k miles. the first one is the most important, then you can stretch them out. I usually first rotate within the first 6k miles, then every 12-18k after that. this works fine for RWD cars since the fronts dont really wear at all. i've got 35-45k+ miles out of the treads doing this. (first set was 45k with 4/32" remaining on goodyears, second was 35k miles with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 down to 3/32".)