Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20150828_135852_891.jpg

IMG_20150828_141012_715.jpg
IMG_20150828_141114_146.jpg
IMG_20150828_141159_565.jpg

IMG_20150828_141434_542.jpg
IMG_20150828_142410_213.jpg

More pictures from Maui, these taken just north of Honolua Bay on the western side of the island.

More pictures from Maui, these taken just north of Honolua Bay on the western side of the island.
Nice!

I wonder, though, how your car is doing for door dings? It seems to me that the parking stalls are narrower than typical on Maui, and with the width of this car... well, it must be taking some damage?

I've wondered when I see your posts how the road to Hana would be in a Model S... or even the remainder of the western road past Honolua Bay and clockwise past the banana bread place (we seem to use food as landmarks when on vacation... LOL). Again, the width would make it a more interesting drive than in a typical rental Chevy Spark or similar!

Nice!

I wonder, though, how your car is doing for door dings? It seems to me that the parking stalls are narrower than typical on Maui, and with the width of this car... well, it must be taking some damage?

I've wondered when I see your posts how the road to Hana would be in a Model S... or even the remainder of the western road past Honolua Bay and clockwise past the banana bread place (we seem to use food as landmarks when on vacation... LOL). Again, the width would make it a more interesting drive than in a typical rental Chevy Spark or similar!

@beeeerock, you are right about many of the parking spots being ultra-narrow, but Kihei (where I live) is much better than Lahaina or Kaanapali. I've done the "road to Hana" a whopping two times in the 1 1/2 years I've had my Model S (tomorrow is actually going to be trip #3), and it really is "kick-a--", but not as much fun as the road up to the crater. I don't go much past Ohe'o gulch, as that road is in horrible condition. BTW, most of my door dings were at my condo, but I haven't gotten any new ones for quite some time (knock on wood).

Okay, I'm not meaning to overdue it, but here are a few from Keanae on Maui's North Coast, on the Road to Hana.
IMG_20150829_101632_609.jpg
IMG_20150829_101647_748.jpg
IMG_20150829_102027_865.jpg
IMG_20150829_102110_182.jpg
IMG_20150829_102128_765.jpg

IMG_20150829_102737_082.jpg
IMG_20150829_103017_256.jpg

Okay, I'm cheating a bit on this last one, because there is no way to get my Model S into the shot. However, this is one of my absolute favorite spots on Maui, and I wanted to share. Wainapanapa State Park (only a couple miles west of Hana).
IMG_20150829_120941_221.jpg

Thanks, Cottonwood, for starting this thread back when you did. Lots of cool pictures to be seen.

Well, I figured since I have already shown West Maui, North Maui, and Haleakala, I might as well throw some in from South and East Maui.

Molokini (tiny little crescent) and Kahoolawe islands in the background.
IMG_20150905_110827_065.jpg

Southeastern corner of the island.
IMG_20150905_113247_943.jpg

Far Eastern edge of Maui, with Haleakala in the background.
IMG_20150905_115324_699.jpg

IMG_20150905_120148_111.jpg

This is the upper Piilani hwy, reachable through Kula. One of the roads used slightly less often by tourists (once you get past the Maui Winery), so it can be a lot of fun to drive - especially in the Model S.

• Love
Reactions: holaev19 and Chaz
Did a Colorado camping expedition over the holidays. Turns out you can fit all the actual camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, mattress, pillow) in the frunk, leaving the trunk for food, clothes, telescope, etc.

The climb to the top of Mt. Evans is only occasionally terrifying, some from the narrow road and lack of guardrails, some from the lack of oxygen at 14,271 feet altitude. Oddly, I had a tire pressure warning go off at altitude; it went away once we got back to 8,000 ft. Are tire pressures affected by altitude?
DSC_2759.JPG

Sand Dunes National Monument
DSC_3014.JPG

Reactions: Lucky_Man
The climb to the top of Mt. Evans is only occasionally terrifying, some from the narrow road and lack of guardrails, some from the lack of oxygen at 14,271 feet altitude. Oddly, I had a tire pressure warning go off at altitude; it went away once we got back to 8,000 ft. Are tire pressures affected by altitude?
Yes -- tire pressure(and many other kinds of) gauges measure "gauge pressure", which is the difference between the absolute pressures inside and outside the tire. At altitude, the outside absolute pressure is lower.

Did a Colorado camping expedition over the holidays. Turns out you can fit all the actual camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, mattress, pillow) in the frunk, leaving the trunk for food, clothes, telescope, etc.

View attachment 94055

Sand Dunes National Monument
View attachment 94056

I was thinking of taking a trip down to the Sand Dunes. How did you handle charging down in that area?

I was thinking of taking a trip down to the Sand Dunes. How did you handle charging down in that area?

From Denver, it was over to Silverthorne to charge, then down thru Leadville and Poncha Springs, 177 miles. Since we were camping, I destination charged at the Great Sand Dunes campground at an RV 50-Amp plug. Next night camping was Arrowhead Point campground in Buena Vista where I also charged, then back to Denver via US285.

You can also utilize Cottonwood's recommended destination charger in Salida (Woods High Mountain Distillery) during business hours.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lucky_Man
The Yellowstone River flows North out of Yellowstone National Park forming a Valley called Paradise Valley. So here is my Model S 85 in Paradise. I just got word that the Park Service will be installing 2- 30 Amp Chargers in the North entrance to the Park in the town of Mammoth and 1 in Gardner, MT from $ allocated by Congress last year.

IMG_3845.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Photo of a few Teslas (Teslai?) up at Pikes Peak this last weekend. Thanks to Kevin for taking this photo!

View attachment 95963

A 3/4 Million $$$$ shot!