Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning was opening day at Sun Peaks Resort, for the 2015/16 ski season. Which meant, of course, that I drove to town and went to work... :mad:

I had to stop and take a shot however, as the conditions looked pretty nice... about -7, bright skies and no wind.

View attachment 101528
@beeeerock, not to over-use the reference, but that is a Postcard shot! Awesome pic! So cool that there aren't any other cars in the shot.

This morning was opening day at Sun Peaks Resort, for the 2015/16 ski season. Which meant, of course, that I drove to town and went to work... :mad:

I had to stop and take a shot however, as the conditions looked pretty nice... about -7, bright skies and no wind.

View attachment 101528

beautiful picture, perhaps it belongs on a Telsla x-mas card.! I am shocked to see how much snow there is already.

- - - Updated - - -

awesome.. I reminds me of close and counter of the third kind movie Hahaha. Sweet memories.
great pic.
Thanks for sharing.

@beeeerock, not to over-use the reference, but that is a Postcard shot! Awesome pic! So cool that there aren't any other cars in the shot.
Thanks! There's only one way out of Sun Peaks and I was heading down to work from beyond the public parking and lift areas, so it was pretty quiet up at our end. And well before the lift opened, so not much happening anyway! It was actually quite busy today - first weekend of the ski season, discounted lift passes... all that good stuff!

beautiful picture, perhaps it belongs on a Telsla x-mas card.! I am shocked to see how much snow there is already.
Thanks J. No snow to speak of in Kamloops yet, although we've had a few inches to a foot fall and melt, depending on how high up out of the valley you live. Sun Peaks is a bit funny... you can drive to within a few km's of the ski area and see essentially no snow... then go around a corner and have a foot of it.

Christmas card or post card - perhaps we should start a line of them from the photos in this thread... except what would you put on the back or inside? "Ha ha, I drive a Tesla and you don't... Merry Christmas!" :rolleyes:

Thanks! There's only one way out of Sun Peaks and I was heading down to work from beyond the public parking and lift areas, so it was pretty quiet up at our end. And well before the lift opened, so not much happening anyway! It was actually quite busy today - first weekend of the ski season, discounted lift passes... all that good stuff!

Thanks J. No snow to speak of in Kamloops yet, although we've had a few inches to a foot fall and melt, depending on how high up out of the valley you live. Sun Peaks is a bit funny... you can drive to within a few km's of the ski area and see essentially no snow... then go around a corner and have a foot of it.

Christmas card or post card - perhaps we should start a line of them from the photos in this thread... except what would you put on the back or inside? "Ha ha, I drive a Tesla and you don't... Merry Christmas!" :rolleyes:

Haha.. True, I do own a tesla, however I don't drive it enough. Yet mine is faster haha...

Bozeman Beach

image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lex
I have always found the sod roofs charming and fascinating. Can you tell me the practical reasons to install them?
I'm no roof expert, but I'll answer while we wait for one!
These days the turf roofs are only built as tradition and I'm pretty sure all cabins in this area need to be designed with both turf roofs and brown walls in order to receive the construction permit. The only practical reason i can think of is if you have a log cabin because the weight of the roof helps sealing the walls.
Back in the old days this construction was cheap and readily available outside of cities.

Porteau Cove, BC

A friend had a new red P90DL out for the afternoon on a test drive, so we both drove up from Vancouver to Squamish and back to check out the Supercharger there - it was my first chance to Supercharge my new 70D, as well as take the car out on the highway for a bit of an extended run out of the city. Wow, Supercharging is so fast and convenient, and the car is a joy to drive on the fast twisty bits - I can't wait to take a longer road trip!

The weather was a bit drizzly, but as any of you familiar with the Sea-to-Sky Highway between Vancouver and Whistler know, it's always a fun, beautiful drive regardless. The weather cleared just as the sun was about to go down so we took a short break at Porteau Cove to get out our cameras and enjoy some of the scenery. Of course, I took a few quick photos of our cars too, before continuing on to Squamish:

RedP90DL_Blue70D.jpg

At Talking Rock golf course on Shuswap Lake last summer. The car was parked on a tee box as a display piece for EV's and EV charging, during a tourism industry golf tournament.

Very smokey skies due to wildfires - it's getting dryer every year it seems.

Most common question wasn't what you'd expect... it was actually "Is this the hole in one prize?"

Likely the fastest electric golf cart on the course that day... or any day...!

Edit-IMG_1618.jpg
Edit-IMG_1622-1200x550.jpg
Edit-IMG_1631-1200x550.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Lex