Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S now has glass roof option..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that roof extension will make it more likely to get rock chips or cracks. I found the Model X windshield was surprisingly affordable so maybe it will not be thousands to fix.

Will make hail damage repair easy for the roof. Drive-in movies would be nice (do they still exist?)

Surprisingly affordable eh? Exactly how much is that Model X windshield to replace or repair?

My mustang's windshield was about $350 including the horse design on it, $250 without the horse, so $880 seems expensive, I don't think there is 3 times the glass to make up the cost difference either.
The number of Model X being manufactured is a small fraction of the number of Ford Mustangs. That is a major factor in understanding why X party's like a windshield are more costly, in addition to the fact that the X windshield is one of the largest car windshields every made.

The number of Model X being manufactured is a small fraction of the number of Ford Mustangs. That is a major factor in understanding why X party's like a windshield are more costly, in addition to the fact that the X windshield is one of the largest car windshields every made.
I agree that it makes sense that it is more expensive than a mustang window for various reasons, but I don't consider $880 cheap is all I'm saying. :)

Just picked my car up today. First all glass roof in AZ. Its better in person than I thought.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 185
Does the all glass roof extend an inch or two closer to the doors and the front windshield than the pano roof? It certainly seems that way when you don't need the mechanism for the sunroof taking up room. Have you compared the two? This is the way I would go since I have opened my sunroof maybe 4 times since I bought my car. ( plus of course100 kw battery, auto pilot 2.0, led lights, new nose,etc etc)

Does the all glass roof extend an inch or two closer to the doors and the front windshield than the pano roof? It certainly seems that way when you don't need the mechanism for the sunroof taking up room. Have you compared the two? This is the way I would go since I have opened my sunroof maybe 4 times since I bought my car. ( plus of course100 kw battery, auto pilot 2.0, led lights, new nose,etc etc)

I had pano before as well. I used or just a few times, and was surprised I didn't use it more. The all glass sounds more air tight (obviously). It is close to edges of body. I'll take more pics.