Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midlife - my dashboard still shows my delivery date being 7 PM tonight. I honestly believe that I would not have heard anything from Tesla about the delay had I not contacted them. Throughout the past 3 months, I've tried to be the low maintenance customer and not pester the SC for status updates, but based on my experience, I would have to advise others to call the SC to find out what is really happening, at least until Tesla gets its act together with the dashboard tool. Now all that being said, whenever I've actually talked/emailed with the SCs, they've been fantastic and have bent over backward to help me out.

As of now (regardless of what my dashboard states), I'm scheduled to pick up the car on Wednesday the 29th at 2 PM. As you suggested, I will be calling the SCs to confirm the pickup a few times between then and now! If I don't get my car soon, I may have to fly to Jersey and have Jared take me out for a ride in his new ride.

It actually *seems* like there's one guy updating everyone's dashboard data, and he's busy this week keying in all the new VINs, and when he's done with that, he'll get around to updating everyone's production start/end and delivery dates!

Yeah, I know Tesla is a cutting edge technology company, so surely there is more automation on their dashboard database updates, but their core competency is building great cars, not great websites, so maybe the website updates are more manual than we would expect!

I'm still not "in production", but I bet a hundredth of a bitcoin a few of us see production end/start updates within a day of each other, and probably between Thursday and Monday, when the VIN updates are all in!

It actually *seems* like there's one guy updating everyone's dashboard data, and he's busy this week keying in all the new VINs, and when he's done with that, he'll get around to updating everyone's production start/end and delivery dates!

Yeah, I know Tesla is a cutting edge technology company, so surely there is more automation on their dashboard database updates, but their core competency is building great cars, not great websites, so maybe the website updates are more manual than we would expect!

I would suspect that although parts of the process may be automatic, the pickup/delivery dates is necessarily manual. I know that when my SC emailed me about a possible delivery date, once we negotiated a date/time in the time frame he had been given, he input the date into the system. If production causes the original projected "ready for delivery" time frame to change, I don't think they can just bump this out. Probably the SC is responsible for contacting the customer to negotiate a new date/time based on the new projected time frame. If a bunch of deliveries are getting bumped they may fall behind and or even miss calling one or two. I guess even this could be automated so that SCs had warning emails etc. until they had set a new date but it seem that this would always depend on human interaction in order to book the new appointment.

I hope i found all new data`s.

List added.

PS: Tesla sent me today my final bill.
But a definite delivery date, there are not still.
Non-binding remains the 02/13/2014
The date for the paint sealant is also noted from 26/03/14 to 28/03/14.
The rear side windows and rear window are then also darkened with foil.

I would suspect that although parts of the process may be automatic, the pickup/delivery dates is necessarily manual. I know that when my SC emailed me about a possible delivery date, once we negotiated a date/time in the time frame he had been given, he input the date into the system. If production causes the original projected "ready for delivery" time frame to change, I don't think they can just bump this out. Probably the SC is responsible for contacting the customer to negotiate a new date/time based on the new projected time frame. If a bunch of deliveries are getting bumped they may fall behind and or even miss calling one or two. I guess even this could be automated so that SCs had warning emails etc. until they had set a new date but it seem that this would always depend on human interaction in order to book the new appointment.

That makes sense for delivery date to be managed manually by the DS who is scheduling it, but production start and stop should be somewhat automatic, if connected to their production/inventory system(s). Haven't seen any updates on start or stop since 17-Jan, and yet 4 cars have started production since as early as 11-Jan. Either production has stalled or slowed down, our guys who started Production haven't replied to say they are done, or there may yet be some truth to my theory of the one overworked data entry guy hasn't gotten around to keying in the "production complete" dates yet!

I hope i found all new data`s.

PS: Tesla sent me today my final bill.
But a definite delivery date, there are not still.
Sounds like a poem!

- - - Updated - - -

That makes sense for delivery date to be managed manually by the DS who is scheduling it, but production start and stop should be somewhat automatic, if connected to their production/inventory system(s). Haven't seen any updates on start or stop since 17-Jan, and yet 4 cars have started production since as early as 11-Jan. Either production has stalled or slowed down, our guys who started Production haven't replied to say they are done, or there may yet be some truth to my theory of the one overworked data entry guy hasn't gotten around to keying in the "production complete" dates yet!

To be honest I didn't realize that there would be a production start/end date on the dashboard. I've been told by the CS in an email that I am on the "first production line of February" but other than that, nothing in the dashboard.

To be honest I didn't realize that there would be a production start/end date on the dashboard. I've been told by the CS in an email that I am on the "first production line of February" but other than that, nothing in the dashboard.

I should clarify...we are tracking "start" and "end" dates by when the status changes from "Order Confirmed" to "The Tesla factory is building your ... Model S" and from that to "Production is complete...". So, when you notice the status change, just report the date you noticed that.

In my case, I was told by one person I should be "completed" by 25-Jan and another confirmed I'd be in production some time between 15-24 Jan. The last update I had was at least a few weeks ago, and, like others, I'm attempting to be low maintenance, so I'll refrain from asking for an update until either 25-Jan comes and goes with no status update on the dashboard, or if status does go to "The Tesla factory is building your Model S" and sits there for more than 5 days without updating to "Production is complete...."

I just got an email that my delivery has been delayed again - the second time this week! Now they're scheduling my pickup for Friday the 31st. I can understand missing the date by 10 days in a 3 month process, I don't quite see how they can miss the date by 10 days when you were 2 days before delivery! :cursing:

I think Jared said that his delivery was pushed back two times as well. I'm not sure if Tesla is having some general issues right now or if they are just line jumping the S60 red head stepchildren to get the P85s delivered quickly.

I just got an email that my delivery has been delayed again - the second time this week! Now they're scheduling my pickup for Friday the 31st. I can understand missing the date by 10 days in a 3 month process, I don't quite see how they can miss the date by 10 days when you were 2 days before delivery! :cursing:

I think Jared said that his delivery was pushed back two times as well. I'm not sure if Tesla is having some general issues right now or if they are just line jumping the S60 red head stepchildren to get the P85s delivered quickly.

The other thing you have to take into consideration this time of year is weather. It's not exactly to get across the country with this weather. I suspect this backs their drivers up too. Not sure of their logistics behind this.

I know when we are getting materials from across the country this time of year I schedule the receive dates loosely because of inclement weather causing delays.

My first EV was moved back 3 times 2 years ago. When you purchased the Model S it say........... 60KWH and 85KWH 2 -3 months. P85KWH 1 month delivery I just turned over my Leaf to a young couple, As it pulled out tears come to my eyes. Tomorrow I'll be smiling all the way to the bank. In a few more weeks Elon will be smiling on the way to the bank to. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!

Forgive me if I am hoggggggging this post. From another post on the forum.

Deliveries in January are actually of good quality. After the mad scramble in December to make the delivery targets for the quarter and the year, the workers get a break in the first week of the new year and are probably reenergized.

Are you referring to this document? The Delivery Checklist and Buyers/Owner's guide?
Model S Delivery Checklist and Owners Guide

Yes! This! This should be required reading for everyone here. Seriously, if you haven't been through this, do it! And then keep tabs for when you get to certain parts of the process and follow the steps. Better to make sure everything is correct as you go, rather than to scramble later to try to make up for any shortcomings.

thedaysbetween US, Rockville - MD, 85, P:No, P+:No, 1-9-14, 1-9-14, March, Yes, March, 32774, 1-22-14...

icantdrawanime US, Austin - TX, 85, P:No, P+:No, 1-7-14, 1-10-14, March, Yes, March, 32781, 1-21-14

Sigh... even more sad. :( TESLA WHY DO YOU HATE ME??? Congrats you two on your cars. I feel left out though, haha!

In other news, I got them to change out an option. I have added black nappa leather seats. I put in this change request on 01/21/14, had it confirmed the same day, and noticed it updated on my order sheet today (01/23/14)

@MidLifeC and KaJu74 My delivery has changed to North Wilkesboro NC. Est Delivery March 10. Vin#32568

From Byran at Tesla
Delivery will take place at you home due to your distance to the Raleigh Service Center. Based on your current production schedule, we will look for delivery the week of March 10th. As your car goes through the production process and transportation from the factory, I will look to see if we can move the delivery date forward. Would you like to pick a day that week that might work for you?