Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok... so updating since i haven't in awhile...
confirmed: 12/20 for an s85
emailed to change to a p85 after much debate 1/18... got a vin #P31861 on 1/20
got my edocs and signed them 1/23
found out my tentative delivery date is 2/24 :]!!!!
P85, MC red, Tech, pano, black w/ carbon fiber

Or do you think it is better to delete all April delivery`s?

List added.

My delivery Date is confirmed.

02/13/14 at 10am.

No 7 days of waiting. :love:

I think it's fine to keep the all together for now, so long as one of our Q2 group are willing to take over the updates to the new tab! I will probably lose interest in keeping the first post updated (as it is, I update it every couple of days) when my car arrives, but I think it is nice having all this order history in one place for all the OCD Tesla folks to analyze and try to predict what their order experience might be!

I did attempt to change the thread title but succeeded only in updating the title on the first post.

1. I'm assuming I'd have to ask a moderator to change the actual thread name, if that's even possible?
2. What do folks on this thread think about keeping all the data in one sheet and one thread, versus spawning a Q2 thread/sheet?

Go ahead and treat yourself. You will be surprised how many people ask if you have a Tesla. 95% are women.

Fine... if you are going to twist my arm about it... :p

I think it's fine to keep the all together for now, so long as one of our Q2 group are willing to take over the updates to the new tab! I will probably lose interest in keeping the first post updated (as it is, I update it every couple of days) when my car arrives, but I think it is nice having all this order history in one place for all the OCD Tesla folks to analyze and try to predict what their order experience might be!

I did attempt to change the thread title but succeeded only in updating the title on the first post.

1. I'm assuming I'd have to ask a moderator to change the actual thread name, if that's even possible?
2. What do folks on this thread think about keeping all the data in one sheet and one thread, versus spawning a Q2 thread/sheet?

Actually I don't really know, since if you are going to just lump a ton of data into one place, they have a reservation and delivery master thread for that already right? I am not really sure what the "best" course of action would be. I would suggest though that you could probably turn the first post into a wiki, and then anyone can update it. Takes it off your back once you "lose interest". Not that I blame you, I would be out driving my car instead of tracking *other* people's cars :p

The choice is mostly yours, because you'll want to spend more time behind the wheel than in front of a computer screen. Oh I forgot. You'll be able to do both with your new car.

Can I edit my own details? I noticed the Google Drive version has room for extended options (mine: Tech, 19" cyclone, Primacy tire upgrade, pano roof, blue metallic, black leather; no to other options)

- - - Updated - - -

@Ironforge: Noticed you confirmed 11 days before, vin is lower than mine (32808), and you are picking 2 days after me despite you're in Cali and I'm in Illinois. Probably due to your paint and sound? Because performance cars are supposed to have a shorter waiting period.

@Ironforge: Noticed you confirmed 11 days before, vin is lower than mine (32808), and you are picking 2 days after me despite you're in Cali and I'm in Illinois. Probably due to your paint and sound? Because performance cars are supposed to have a shorter waiting period.

@Shredder: I updated my order from S85 to P85 on 2/2/14 (thanks Texex91!), which is probably why. My preferred delivery date of Mid-March didn't change after I upgraded the order. My VIN was assigned on around 1/20/14.

Finally got a vin, refreshed the page just before bed and it was there (was an accidental refresh at that, cause I was opening up my iPad to check the forums and it auto loaded. Anyway, now I can't sleep... Lol.

i don't get why based on my order date I am so far down the list it seems from others who have posted, assuming vins are assigned in order... But oh well at least I have one. Hopefully will get an email tomorrow from my DS with more details... Fingers crossed.

Vin 33853

Wanted to let everyone know our DS told us that our delivery is on schedule for Tuesday February 11th in Vegas. Our Model S went from production status on 2/5 to delivery status. Since we are only one/two days from factory we might get our car on Monday. FYI my wife and I bought hoodies and had Tesla insignia printed on them to celebrate. Vegas had an unusually warm January and today we are into the 60s. With all that snow in the mid south and east, we realize how lucky we are. To all of those waiting, heres to a safe winter delivery.

Wanted to let everyone know our DS told us that our delivery is on schedule for Tuesday February 11th in Vegas. Our Model S went from production status on 2/5 to delivery status. Since we are only one/two days from factory we might get our car on Monday. FYI my wife and I bought hoodies and had Tesla insignia printed on them to celebrate. Vegas had an unusually warm January and today we are into the 60s. With all that snow in the mid south and east, we realize how lucky we are. To all of those waiting, heres to a safe winter delivery.

Thanks @ScottieLV. Good to hear the update from you and note that you are on track and may even see your car the day before scheduled pick-up! I'm in the same boat now, and my dashboard still says my care is being prepared for delivery, which is inaccurate according to my DS. Last update from him said it was arriving today or tomorrow and, depending on how things look over the weekend, I might be able to pick up as early as Monday afternoon (but hopefully no later than my scheduled time on Tuesday). We'll see!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got a vin, refreshed the page just before bed and it was there (was an accidental refresh at that, cause I was opening up my iPad to check the forums and it auto loaded. Anyway, now I can't sleep... Lol.

i don't get why based on my order date I am so far down the list it seems from others who have posted, assuming vins are assigned in order... But oh well at least I have one. Hopefully will get an email tomorrow from my DS with more details... Fingers crossed.

Vin 33853

@chickensevil - I totally agree with your frustration...you should ask your DS directly why your VIN # (and, as a result, probably your pickup date) came so long after folks who had ordered and confirmed later than you did. I'm sure their is nothing they can do about it, but clearly something put you in a later batch than many other people who confirmed after you. I'm sure he won't be able to change anything, but maybe he can give you some insight to share on this thread.

Thanks @ScottieLV. Good to hear the update from you and note that you are on track and may even see your car the day before scheduled pick-up! I'm in the same boat now, and my dashboard still says my care is being prepared for delivery, which is inaccurate according to my DS. Last update from him said it was arriving today or tomorrow and, depending on how things look over the weekend, I might be able to pick up as early as Monday afternoon (but hopefully no later than my scheduled time on Tuesday). We'll see!

- - - Updated - - -

@chickensevil - I totally agree with your frustration...you should ask your DS directly why your VIN # (and, as a result, probably your pickup date) came so long after folks who had ordered and confirmed later than you did. I'm sure their is nothing they can do about it, but clearly something put you in a later batch than many other people who confirmed after you. I'm sure he won't be able to change anything, but maybe he can give you some insight to share on this thread.
chickensevilUS
Rockville, MD85
No
No
31-DecMarchYes
End March33853
beck.christopherUS
Kingston, MA85
No
No
21-Jan21-JanMarchYes
3296529-Jan
Yeah because looking at this chart (which is as good as I can get), it goes in pretty solid order all the way down to beck's order, and mine is just mysteriously missing... indicating that I might have actually gotten my car in early March had the system picked it up correctly.

The ONLY thing I can think of, is that I initially "ordered" my car, but didn't pay for it and had selected May for the delivery... This was when I was creating my account with the website, and not really sure if I wanted to pull the trigger yet or not... and was thinking I would be more prepared for it in May. I thought it over for a couple days, and then actually paid the deposit (starting my 2 weeks grace period) and changed the date to March. Then a couple days later I decided to just go ahead and confirm sooner than 2 days out... in the hopes that would kick me a bit farther forward in the processing chain.

So I guess the takeaway here is, when you order your car, pick the date correctly the first time around? I mean clearly if you look at the VIN issuance, it seems to mostly go based on when you CONFIRM your car. That doesn't seem to have happened for me, and I had to wait over a month to actually get my VIN. I don't really mind if it was my fault in the way I ordered it, or whatever. I will just be happy when I get my car, but it sure seems strange the way this all happened for me. I will definitely ask my DS when I get the chance to, if he can figure out why the weird time gap compared to other people.

PS: No email yet, so hopefully monday!!!

chickensevil
US
Rockville, MD
No
No
31-Dec
March
Yes
End March
beck.christopher
US
Kingston, MA
No
No
21-Jan
21-Jan
March
Yes
29-Jan
Yeah because looking at this chart (which is as good as I can get), it goes in pretty solid order all the way down to beck's order, and mine is just mysteriously missing... indicating that I might have actually gotten my car in early March had the system picked it up correctly.

The ONLY thing I can think of, is that I initially "ordered" my car, but didn't pay for it and had selected May for the delivery... This was when I was creating my account with the website, and not really sure if I wanted to pull the trigger yet or not... and was thinking I would be more prepared for it in May. I thought it over for a couple days, and then actually paid the deposit (starting my 2 weeks grace period) and changed the date to March. Then a couple days later I decided to just go ahead and confirm sooner than 2 days out... in the hopes that would kick me a bit farther forward in the processing chain.

So I guess the takeaway here is, when you order your car, pick the date correctly the first time around? I mean clearly if you look at the VIN issuance, it seems to mostly go based on when you CONFIRM your car. That doesn't seem to have happened for me, and I had to wait over a month to actually get my VIN. I don't really mind if it was my fault in the way I ordered it, or whatever. I will just be happy when I get my car, but it sure seems strange the way this all happened for me. I will definitely ask my DS when I get the chance to, if he can figure out why the weird time gap compared to other people.

PS: No email yet, so hopefully monday!!!

I did something similar though I waited about a month before I made up my mind. Obviously my original (November date) had no meaning once I finally made the decision to move the date up to the earliest available date; however, My December 11 date started the clock running for my delivery date (currently February 25th). My VIN took nearly one month. I haven't done the math to see if I'm any worse off than I should be (I know this is more than the one month some people have suggested for a P85+ order); however, I do feel that you seemed to have gotten lost somehow. One theory I had about my own order is that anyone ordering late in 2013 might have lost a week or two due to the holidays. Many of the people confirming in January seem to be getting VIN numbers much quicker than I did; however, the fact remains that you confirmed December 31 and people who confirmed in January got lower VIN numbers earlier than you. Seems like something got lost so maybe you can use that to at least get some priority now.

I've been wanting this car before it came out. I filled out the reservation form about 5 times, but never could pull the trigger. Was going to order before the first price increase, but wake up on New Years and realized I missed it. Then was ready to purchase, had the car all configured, when the next price increase happened. It was like Tesla knew I was trying to buy and didn't want me to.

Well ordered 12/30/13, confirmed 1/3/14, given a delivery date of 3/21.

No more turning back and I'm glad. Still can't get over that I'm going to pay this much for a car. Not from an affordability perspective, just hard to believe any car is worth over around $50k, but if there is one, this has always been the one.

No more turning back and I'm glad. Still can't get over that I'm going to pay this much for a car. Not from an affordability perspective, just hard to believe any car is worth over around $50k, but if there is one, this has always been the one.

I paid more for this car than my first two houses. Seems quite silly when you think of it that way. I'm not really an environmentalist, however the way I think about my decision to pull the trigger is that I fully buy into Tesla's vision of compelling sustainable transportation for the masses, and by me investing early it will help the Model E get here. That's the only way it makes sense to me. Then of course there's a few added immediate minor benefits: instant acceleration, torque giving new meaning to the word torque, one-pedal driving, an occasional overnight improved car, nearly free "gas", stick-to-the-road handling, ........

Last edited:
I did something similar though I waited about a month before I made up my mind. Obviously my original (November date) had no meaning once I finally made the decision to move the date up to the earliest available date; however, My December 11 date started the clock running for my delivery date (currently February 25th). My VIN took nearly one month. I haven't done the math to see if I'm any worse off than I should be (I know this is more than the one month some people have suggested for a P85+ order); however, I do feel that you seemed to have gotten lost somehow. One theory I had about my own order is that anyone ordering late in 2013 might have lost a week or two due to the holidays. Many of the people confirming in January seem to be getting VIN numbers much quicker than I did; however, the fact remains that you confirmed December 31 and people who confirmed in January got lower VIN numbers earlier than you. Seems like something got lost so maybe you can use that to at least get some priority now.

I will try, but I have to get contact with my DS first. This is assuming anything can be done at this point at all to bump me up. I will say though, if it pushes into April I will be well beyond 3 months for delivery time.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid more for this car than my first two houses. Seems quite silly when you think of it that way. I'm not really an environmentalist, however the way I think about my decision to pull the trigger is that I fully buy into Tesla's vision of compelling sustainable transportation for the masses, and by me investing early it will help the Model E get here. That's the only way it makes sense to me. Then of course there's a few added immediate minor benefits: instant acceleration, torque giving new meaning to the word torque, one-pedal driving, an occasional overnight improved car, nearly free "gas", stick-to-the-road handling, ........

For me, it was 1/3 the price of my house... maybe a little more... which is saying something for my area, since houses are NOT cheap. I too have the same sentament as you. I bought the stock to support the company, and also now the car. I want them to change the scope of car buying in general. EV's for everyone, no more BS from service centers and dealerships.

It hear!

Yesterday was the big day for me.

My Model S is delivered.

The right one.

2014-02-08 14.27.28.jpg
2014-02-08 14.29.33.jpg
2014-02-08 14.31.29.jpg
2014-02-08 14.31.13.jpg