Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Friday, I received a call from Tesla that the car would not be ready and we reset the delivery for Tuesday 3/11/2014 at 3pm. Okay then. Stopped by the Topanga Canyon store just to visit.

Blaze, your delay does not bode well for my car (same delivery location to Costa Mesa in 2 weeks). Do you know if your car has finished production? Or more time is needed to prep and deliver the vehicle?

Ironforge, here are my details. Ordered 12/15, confirmed 12/23. Established delivery for 3/15. Dashboard changed to start production on 3/1. Received call on 3/4 where Tesla said they would deliver early. The revised date was set for 3/8 at 10am. On 3/7 I received a call where Tesla said they had not finished the car and we set up a new delivery for 3/11 at 3pm. The dashboard still is at car is in production.

Ironforge, here are my details. Ordered 12/15, confirmed 12/23. Established delivery for 3/15. Dashboard changed to start production on 3/1. Received call on 3/4 where Tesla said they would deliver early. The revised date was set for 3/8 at 10am. On 3/7 I received a call where Tesla said they had not finished the car and we set up a new delivery for 3/11 at 3pm. The dashboard still is at car is in production.

Blaze, thanks for the details. It appears that production is a bit longer than usual. Based on the tracking sheet, I've been seeing 4-5 days from when In Production to Production Complete.

Ironforge, here are my details:

Ordered and confirmed 2/25.
Delivery established 4/16
Delivery city: Boston
Battery: 85
P: Yes
P+: No
Order Date: 2/25
Confirmed: 2/25
Pref Delivery: April
Earliest est. delivery: Yes
Est. delivery: 4/16
Vin: 36137
Vin date: 2/28
Prod start: ?
Prod end: ?
Delivered on: ?

85 kwh non-perf, blue exterior, grey leather, obeche matte, pano roof, premium sound, tech, air suspension, HPWC/dual charger, Parking sensors, sub-zero package, 19" wheels

Actually need to edit the below post, should read P: NO P+ No Delivery City: Watertown

Ironforge, here are my details:

Ordered and confirmed 2/25.
Delivery established 4/16
Delivery city: Boston
Battery: 85
P: Yes
P+: No
Order Date: 2/25
Confirmed: 2/25
Pref Delivery: April
Earliest est. delivery: Yes
Est. delivery: 4/16
Vin: 36137
Vin date: 2/28
Prod start: ?
Prod end: ?
Delivered on: ?

85 kwh non-perf, blue exterior, grey leather, obeche matte, pano roof, premium sound, tech, air suspension, HPWC/dual charger, Parking sensors, sub-zero package, 19" wheels

I just received notice from Tesla - "Your Model S purchase paperwork is ready." My DS had told me to expect this the week before delivery; but my delivery is slated for March 25. Is this a sign I might be seeing an earlier delivery, or just their system blowing through some customer paperwork ahead of time? What were the timeframes for others in this thread?

@Ohmman: This is normal. They send you this when you're safely within 30 days so you start thinking about payments. You will actually see a " make payment" button on your dashboard. Some people go ahead and exercise that option. I think most opt to wait until the car is on its way, or they take their check when picking up. There is a thread about this where many people weighed in. I think it's " paying the car," started by a Scandinavian buyer. Anyway, I got this paperwork about 20 days before scheduled delivery, and it took another week for the car to go in production.

This is normal.... Anyway, I got this paperwork about 20 days before scheduled delivery, and it took another week for the car to go in production.

Thanks, Shredder. That very much works for me. My garage is still in progress and we're not ready for the newcomer yet! Mostly, I was curious.

I will certainly pass on "paying the car" until delivery.