Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Alain13 Delivered today [24 April]

836f85df-b254-40a6-9dd6-d3e165fefe15.png

My car arrives at the Vancouver service centre on Saturday for prep and detailing.

Unfortunately, getting my financing sorted took a couple days we hadn't planned on so the car will likely miss the April 28th delivery by a day or two. :crying:

Should know more this weekend (updated delivery, etc).
Dude, you've been waiting for what seems like about 2 years - can't believe you didn't have that sorted out :smile:

Dude, you've been waiting for what seems like about 2 years - can't believe you didn't have that sorted out :smile:

Yeah, bit of a series of unfortunate events there. I ordered online, so I didn't have a store employee to guide me through it like I have with other cars.

I was also given the impression I'd be contacted by my DS with something resembling the following:

"Ok, your Model S has entered production. It's time to talk about payment. How will you be paying for the car? Do you need to arrange financing? Are you making a down payment? Do you have a trade-in?"

Obviously, this did not happen so I was kind of unprepared when the time came.

Fortunately, all was resolved fairly quickly and I'm back on track.

After waiting as long as I have, a few more days don't really make a difference.

IMO, this was really the only area where Tesla needs to improve compared to the traditional dealership model.

Congratulations, tliving. Great location for the picture. I plan to take mine down to the beach for some glamour shots. Enjoy!

Thanks. I was planning that shot for weeks!

I wrote up my delivery experience here if anyone is interested:

Delivery! | Tesla Living

- - - Updated - - -

Congratz! What's up with the seat heaters?

My car has the sub-zero package, so there's a total of 5 seat heaters in it. 1 of the 5 worked on delivery but I didn't test at time of delivery. I called the SC later on and they made an apt for 3 weeks out (no big deal its just seat heaters).

I had a different issue the next day with the browser not working so I tried a reboot and after that my seat heaters started working. I guess i'm learning as a new owner, "when in doubt reboot"....

Didn't cancel the apt at the SC yet, i'll give it a week to see if anything comes up before I free up the slot.

- - - Updated - - -

For the EZ-Pass maybe this will help:
EZ Pass | Forums | Tesla Motors

Mine is stuck to my windshield to the right of the mirror as suggested. Its worked 100% of the time. Pic from the outside:
IMG_2442.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cool! An article based on this thread on teslarati.com!

Thanks, that was me writing for them. Had to do something with the time as I waited...

I had a different issue the next day with the browser not working so I tried a reboot and after that my seat heaters started working. I guess i'm learning as a new owner, "when in doubt reboot"....
From my experience with smartphones, I just reset once a week. This gives me a stable phone.
Before the Tesla arrived I decided to do a weekly reset from what I read here on the forum. So now I reboot my smartphone, Tesla display and dash every sundaynight/monday morning. :)

Thanks, that was me writing for them. Had to do something with the time as I waited...
Well you did a great (waiting) job! :)

Thank you, thank you. I bought this color [Brown] sight unseen and it doesn't disappoint -- especially when it's seen in direct full sunshine. It's a fairly rare choice. Perhaps you've seen this collection of brown cars. The images fairly show the actual color in common lighting situations and some examples are presented with the 21" Turbine Wheel. I prefer the Silver flavor not because they complement Brown but because they are so stunning.

Yeah, bit of a series of unfortunate events there. I ordered online, so I didn't have a store employee to guide me through it like I have with other cars.

I was also given the impression I'd be contacted by my DS with something resembling the following:

"Ok, your Model S has entered production. It's time to talk about payment. How will you be paying for the car? Do you need to arrange financing? Are you making a down payment? Do you have a trade-in?"

Obviously, this did not happen so I was kind of unprepared when the time came.

Fortunately, all was resolved fairly quickly and I'm back on track.

After waiting as long as I have, a few more days don't really make a difference.

IMO, this was really the only area where Tesla needs to improve compared to the traditional dealership model.
I'm not sure I got better guidance than you or not. When I was near delivery I knew that I would be in the UK for a week or so and I was worried that I would miss some key action that needed me to be in Calgary. Thus I hassled tesla to find out what needed to be done and when it needed to be done by. Ultimately I had everything ready to go early so I was annoyed when the date slipped. Anyway I'm excited to hear when you have it in your hands.

New reservation holder here!
Delivery City (and home): Seattle WA
Battery: 85
P: No
P+: No
Order: 14 April 2014
Confirmed: 16 April 2014
Pref Delivery: June
Was the earliest: Yes
Est Delivery:17 June 2014 (received from DS on 18 April)

No Vin assigned yet; only RN

- - - Updated - - -

Delivery City (and home): Seattle WA
Order: 14 April 2014
Confirmed: 16 April 2014
Pref Delivery: June
Was the earliest: Yes
Est Delivery:17 June 2014 (received from DS on 18 April)

No Vin assigned yet; only RN

I missed the rest of the spreadsheet!
Current Status: Sourcing parts
Paint: Blue
Roof: Pan
Wheels: 19
Seats: Tan leather
Decor: Obeche Gloss
Tech: Yes
Parking: Yes
Winter: No
Fog: No
Sound: Yes
Extended Trim: No
Alcantara: No
Air Susp: Yes
Rear Seats: No
Lighting: No
Security Pack: Did not know there was one
Parcel: Yes
Charger: Single
Super: Yes
Armor: No
Tire upgrade: No
Spoiler: No
Red calipers: No

Delivery City: Fremont, CA
P: Yes
Order Date: 23-Apr
Confirmed: 24-Apr (changed to P85 from S85 on April 30)
Pref Deliv: Late June
Was this the earliest delivery date: Yes
Est Deliv: Late June
Current status: We have begun sourcing parts for your order
Paint color: Blue
Roof: Body Colored
Wheels: 19"
Seats: Leather Tan
Decor Accents: Obeche Wood Matte
Parking Sensors: Yes
Fog Lights: No
Sound Studio: No
Extended Nappa Lether Trim: No
Alcantara Headliner: Yes
Air Susp: Yes
Rear Facing Seats: No
Light Package: No
Security Package: No
Parcel Shelf: No
Charger: Duo
Supercharging: Yes
Paint Armor: No
19" Primacy Tire Upgrade: Yes
Spoiler carbon: Yes
Red Brake Calipers: Yes

Last edited:
Security Pack: Did not know there was one

Congrats on your order, snowpuff!

I believe the security package is a EU-only option.

If you plan to travel at all, I highly recommend the dual charger option. Washington State is currently the subject of a massive high-power EV infrastructure build-out by Sun Country Highway, a company out of Canada. Within the year, you should be able to travel all over the state for free.

More info here.

Well, delivery was 4 weeks ago but between Seattle rain and three kids ages 9 and under aligning the stars for a sunny day and clean car was difficult. Today I got to snap some pics. Unfortunately I had to pick my daughter up from a birthday party so I had (literally) 4 minutes to do this. So I didn't get a chance to turn it around and change the light (e.g. would love a dash pic not in the shade). Also, I realized some things I would have re-shot like the fact that I didn't realize the door handles were out! Anyway, here are some pics of my Grey/Grey/Matte:

DSC00029.jpg
DSC00031.jpg
DSC00035.jpg
DSC00038.jpg
DSC00042.jpg
DSC00044.jpg

Vin# 40282. Ordered 4/11/2014. Vin assigned in 2 days got a call from delievery team yesterday. Ready for delivery at Costa Mesa on May 23 rd. on my request they said it might be ready on May 19th because that's my birthday. Isn't it nice to have dream come true on your birthday ?

That would be a nice birthday present indeed! Can you provide more details about your car, so I can update the sheet?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for providing the info! And congratulations with your purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

Pasting from Google Spreadsheet didn't quite work; mods can you delete the post above? Here's a more readable version.
Thanks for the info and congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, delivery was 4 weeks ago but between Seattle rain and three kids ages 9 and under aligning the stars for a sunny day and clean car was difficult. Today I got to snap some pics. Unfortunately I had to pick my daughter up from a birthday party so I had (literally) 4 minutes to do this. So I didn't get a chance to turn it around and change the light (e.g. would love a dash pic not in the shade). Also, I realized some things I would have re-shot like the fact that I didn't realize the door handles were out! Anyway, here are some pics of my Grey/Grey/Matte:
Nice shots (and car offcourse)! We'll forgive your mistake about the doorhandles! :tongue:

For some reason I can't edit the spreadsheet so here are my data points! I can't wait for my Model S!

Delivery City: "San Antonio: TX"
Order Date: 23-Feb
Con- firmed: 24-Feb
Pref Deliv: Late June
Was this the earliest delivery date: No
Est Deliv: June 12
VIN: 5YJSA1H1XEFP41287
VIN Date:
Prod Start:
Prod End:
Delivered on:
Days from Order to Prod Start:
Days from Conf to Prod Start:
Days in Prod:
Days from Prod to Delivery:
Days from Conf to Delivery:
Current status:: We have begun sourcing parts for your order
Paint color: Blue
Roof: Panoramic
Weels: "19"""
Seats: Leather Black
Decor Accents: Piano Black
Parking Sensors: No
Fog Lights: Yes
Sound Studio: Yes
Extended Nappa Lether Trim: No
Alcantara Headliner: No
Air Susp: No
Rear Facing Seats: No
Light Package: No
Security Package: No
Parcel Shelf: No
Supercharging: Yes
Paint Armor: No
"19"" Primacy Tire Upgrade": Yes
Spoiler carbon: No
Red Brake Calipers: No
Comments:

I noticed the formula for "Days from Order to Prod Start" is incorrect, and quite frankly I don't think it's necessary given that we already have "Days from Conf to Prod Start" which covers the duration of sourcing parts. I would suggest replacing it with "Days from Conf to VIN".

BTW, I have the single charger.