Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the formula for "Days from Order to Prod Start" is incorrect, and quite frankly I don't think it's necessary given that we already have "Days from Conf to Prod Start" which covers the duration of sourcing parts. I would suggest replacing it with "Days from Conf to VIN".

BTW, I have the single charger.
Unfortunately I can only update the the content of the sheet not alter the columns, etc. I shall ask MC and KJ if I can have those rights.
Thanks for the extra info!

Uk order to add here -
UserCountryDelivery CityBatteryPP+Order DateCon- firmedPref Delivwas this the earliest delivery dateEst DelivVINVIN DateProd StartProd EndDelivered onDays from Order to Prod StartDays from Conf to Prod StartDays in ProdDays from Prod to DeliveryDays from Conf to Delivery
archivekinggb

london85

y

No

31-dec-135-jan-14asapmay

early june3880X23-marnot yetnot yetnot yetnot yetnot yetv

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster—I actually just registered today so I could share my order information. I'm spending an unhealthy amount of time browsing these forums in anticipation!

Delivery City: "Fremont: CA"
Battery: 85
P: Yes
P+: Yes
Order Date: 22-Apr
Con- firmed: 22-Apr
Pref Deliv: June
Was this the earliest delivery date: Yes
Est Deliv: June
VIN: 42155
VIN Date: 24-Apr
Current status:: We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S.
Paint color: Blue Metallic
Roof: Pano
Weels: 21” Grey Turbine
Seats: Grey Performance Leather
Decor Accents: Obeche Wood Matte
Tech: Yes
Parking Sensors: Yes
Winter: No
Fog Lights: Yes
Sound Studio: No
Extended Nappa Lether Trim: No
Alcantara Headliner: Yes
Air Susp: Yes
Rear Facing Seats: No
Light Package: Yes
Security Package: No
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Charger: Dual
Supercharging: Yes
Paint Armor: No
"19"" Primacy Tire Upgrade": No
Spoiler carbon: Yes
Red Brake Calipers: Yes
Comments:

Just adding my details as well:

Delivery City: "Seattle, WA"
Battery: 60
P: No
P+: No
Order Date: 14-Apr
Con- firmed: 16-Apr
Pref Deliv: Late June
Est Deliv: June (updated to June 4/28)
VIN: N/A
VIN Date: N/A
Paint color: White
Weels: 19" Standard
Seats: Textile
Decor Accents: Piano
Tech: No
Parking Sensors: No
Winter: No
Fog Lights: No
Sound Studio: No
Alcantara Headliner: No
Air Susp: No
Light Package: No
Security Package: No
Parcel Shelf: No
Charger: Single
Supercharging: No
Paint Armor: No
"19"" Primacy Tire Upgrade": No
Spoiler carbon: No
Red Brake Calipers: No
Comments: Base 60kwh w/ Pano upgrade - probably will add Supercharger access in the future.

Hey golfski — fellow Seattleite here. We actually ordered, and confirmed, on the same day and share the same status message and est delivery from the website (though I was given 17 June in an email from my DS. Also no VIN assigned yet here. 85 here in blue

Just adding my details as well:

Delivery City: "Seattle, WA"
Battery: 60
P: No
Order Date: 14-Apr
Con- firmed: 16-Apr
Pref Deliv: Late June

I got a message from my DS this morning telling me to expect delivery of my car on Wednesday (April 30). A short while later I got a message from my other DS telling me that the car will leave Vancouver on Wednesday and to expect delivery on Friday. Oh, and all this is still tentative, of course.

So many voices! :scared:

UPDATE: So apparently the reason for the delay is so they can replace the car's plastic underbelly cover, which arrived "scratched". Curious how this could have happened (Careless loading at factory? Spirited drive around internal test track? New tank-mode testing?)

Last edited:
Production completed today - yay!. Still scheduled for 5/6 delivery in Atlanta although last time I talked to DS he said they might not make it. Speaking of Atlanta, I would like to join the Atlanta group that is on Facebook but haven't had any luck. I tried the Join button and also a PM to one of the moderators, but no luck. Any of you Atlantans a member already and can tell me how to get joined?

Details on my new order:

Delivery City: Clear Lake IA
Battery: 85
P: Yes
Order Date: 20-Apr
Con- firmed: 21-Apr
Pref Deliv: June
Est Delivery Date: June (date unknown)
VIN: 41922
VIN Date: 22-Apr
Paint color: Black
Weels: 19" Cyclone
Seats: Tan Leather
Decor Accents: Carnot Fiber
Tech: Yes
Parking Sensors: Yes
Winter: Yes
Fog Lights: Yes
Sound Studio: Yes
Alcantara Headliner: Yes
Air Susp: Yes
Light Package: Yes
Security Package: Yes
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Charger: Double
Supercharging: Yes
Paint Armor: Yes
"19"" Primacy Tire Upgrade": Yes
Spoiler carbon: Yes
Red Brake Calipers: Yes

Hey golfski — fellow Seattleite here. We actually ordered, and confirmed, on the same day and share the same status message and est delivery from the website (though I was given 17 June in an email from my DS. Also no VIN assigned yet here. 85 here in blue

Hey snowpuff - I saw that we ordered and confirmed the same days...did you build and price out potential configurations for months prior like me too? :)

I actually got my est. delivery updated to "June" this morning and got a VIN this evening! (42724) Next I'm hoping to get an actual target date for delivery and then get it a week early :)

Ok, I realize this question is a total NOOB one, and I would PM someone but used my 1 PM per hour (what the heck is up with that?) already, but where do you see your VIN when it is assigned? I see the RN number but no VIN. Is it emailed to you or will I see it one of the 20 or so times a day I obsessively look at the My Tesla page? Please don't flame me for my noobishness, noobosity or noobism. :confused:

Hey snowpuff - I saw that we ordered and confirmed the same days...did you build and price out potential configurations for months prior like me too? :)

I actually got my est. delivery updated to "June" this morning and got a VIN this evening! (42724) Next I'm hoping to get an actual target date for delivery and then get it a week early :)
That is fantastic golfski! Unfortunately I still do not have a VIN (I check faithfully daily!) but am holding out hope that since we had same-day confirmations that I am not far behind you! I just checked while typing this and I still have a RN — my date says "June" on the website but my DS provided me with 17 June as the delivery date previously and booked my appointment. Would be great if the date got moved up a week or two!

And, I actually did not price out at all! Once I made the decision to go all-in (we have a LEAF now) I just went into the showroom and talked to to the guys, made some edits that night, discussed the next day, and pulled the trigger. June can now not come fast enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Your RN will change to a VIN — rather uneventful but that is how it happens!
Ok, I realize this question is a total NOOB one, and I would PM someone but used my 1 PM per hour (what the heck is up with that?) already, but where do you see your VIN when it is assigned? I see the RN number but no VIN. Is it emailed to you or will I see it one of the 20 or so times a day I obsessively look at the My Tesla page? Please don't flame me for my noobishness, noobosity or noobism. :confused:

Uk order to add here
Nice! One of the first RHD cars? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster—I actually just registered today so I could share my order information. I'm spending an unhealthy amount of time browsing these forums in anticipation!
Thanks for the info!

- - - Updated - - -

Just adding my details as well
Nice! With that configuration I think you have a very unique car, congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

I got a message from my DS this morning telling me to expect delivery of my car on Wednesday (April 30). A short while later I got a message from my other DS telling me that the car will leave Vancouver on Wednesday and to expect delivery on Friday. Oh, and all this is still tentative, of course.

So many voices! :scared:

UPDATE: So apparently the reason for the delay is so they can replace the car's plastic underbelly cover, which arrived "scratched". Curious how this could have happened (Careless loading at factory? Spirited drive around internal test track? New tank-mode testing?)

I feel your pain. But only a few days left and then you'll be driving your Tesla and all is forgotten! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Production completed today - yay!. Still scheduled for 5/6 delivery in Atlanta although last time I talked to DS he said they might not make it. Speaking of Atlanta, I would like to join the Atlanta group that is on Facebook but haven't had any luck. I tried the Join button and also a PM to one of the moderators, but no luck. Any of you Atlantans a member already and can tell me how to get joined?

Congratz! When did your production start?

- - - Updated - - -

Details on my new order:
Thanks for the info and congratulations!

When the VIN is assigned you will receive an email with the subject "Your Model S Has Been Assigned a VIN". Then on your dashboard the RN will be replaced with the VIN. Unfortunately we have all learned that it is impossible not to check the dashboard 20 times a day but not much changes between now and when you car goes into production. Hang in there!

When the VIN is assigned you will receive an email with the subject "Your Model S Has Been Assigned a VIN". Then on your dashboard the RN will be replaced with the VIN. Unfortunately we have all learned that it is impossible not to check the dashboard 20 times a day but not much changes between now and when you car goes into production. Hang in there!
Are you sure?
I have a VIN since over a week but never got an email...