Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an email from my DS confirming payment details so that the MVPA can be updated. With my delivery date scheduled for 17 June it sounds like the ball is beginning to start rolling again after a LONG wait! He said I should have the docusign link later this week and the updated MVPA in MyTesla within the next few days. I am ready to see my status move into "in production!"

A weird quirk on the website though that I found today. My estimated delivery date still says "June" on MyTesla but when I click "Edit" I get a screen that cycles followed by a blank section — I assume this would show appointment date/times but mine is completely empty.

85kWh | Blue | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | 19" Wheels | Tech Pkg | Air Suspension | + Sound | Ordered 14 April 2014 | Confirmed 16 April | VIN 29 April | ETA 17 June

I got my MVPA today as well! Seeing that total amount with the "Make A Payment" got me pretty excited (the amount got me less excited :tongue:). I am still "Sourcing Parts" though. I tried to add a couple of options last week, and was able to add Supercharger access, but got denied for the dual chargers because it was too late and already in production. I guess their customer facing systems are not as real time as they would want you to believe.

However, I do see an actual delivery date and time on MyTesla. Mine shows June 17, 13:00 (it shows in military time, ha). If I click edit, I don't get any additional options for Seattle, but if I select the Portland Service Center in the drop down, I get a range of dates (earliest June 16th). Naturally, I thought of how I could take the train down to Portland the morning of the 16th and have a nice afternoon drive back, testing out the SC, just to get it a whole day early! I'm still waiting to see what happens when it flips to "In Production" before I make any decisions like that (if its even possible). I have read on these forums that sometimes you get earlier delivery date options once production gets started.

Finally! Congratz!
And pics please or it didn't happen! ;)

Finally, here it is:

IMG_3704.JPG

I noticed today that I can now give my car a nickname in MyTesla. I still haven't decided what I want to name it...
Yesterday, my DS said "I will send you an update in the next couple of days once your vehicle moves onto the next section of manufacturing." So, my car will most likely enter production tomorrow, possibly even today. I close on the loan tomorrow.

I noticed today that I can now give my car a nickname in MyTesla. I still haven't decided what I want to name it...
Yesterday, my DS said "I will send you an update in the next couple of days once your vehicle moves onto the next section of manufacturing." So, my car will most likely enter production tomorrow, possibly even today. I close on the loan tomorrow.

I can also name my car. Is this confirmed to be linked to soon moving into production? Or is it just a gimmick they have added for everyone?

I can also name my car. Is this confirmed to be linked to soon moving into production? Or is it just a gimmick they have added for everyone?

I can do this too - this is the first I have noticed it since you guys mentioned it. I did notice yesterday during one of my 5,328 refreshes of MyTesla that something went wonky and my page looked weird. I am assuming it was during an update to the website that introduced this new feature.

How has your DS been with information? I find that some people get really awesome DS's that send pictures and very exact and precise details and some a lot more vague or even hard to get a hold of. I have something in-between. I am the type of person that would love the over-sharing DS, but I kinda have to pry information out of him. The sales guys at the Gallery have been pretty good though, they looked up my order for me and gave me my "End of Line" date - but it was inaccurate as far as I can tell, considering it was 6/2 (yesterday!) and I am still sourcing.

How has your DS been with information? I find that some people get really awesome DS's that send pictures and very exact and precise details and some a lot more vague or even hard to get a hold of. I have something in-between. I am the type of person that would love the over-sharing DS, but I kinda have to pry information out of him. The sales guys at the Gallery have been pretty good though, they looked up my order for me and gave me my "End of Line" date - but it was inaccurate as far as I can tell, considering it was 6/2 (yesterday!) and I am still sourcing.
My DS has been about as nice and helpful as I would expect from Tesla, though not much in the way of precise predictions on production or delivery (bonus info that they can't always be expected to know). The bulk of the details would certainly be after it enters production, when there's more opportunity for DS's to be awesome.

Another update: As of this morning my car has moved into "Production Complete — Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.". I am now hoping for an earlier than planned delivery but no such luck as of yet!

Congrats bryenz on getting your delivery moved up!