Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was just confirmed yesterday:

Ordered: 7/28/2015
Confirmed: 8/4/2015
S70D All-Wheel Drive
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
White Alcantara Headliner
RN4620101
Estimated Delivery: September
2015 VIN: 5YJSA1S24FF0999xx (I wish it would have been 99999)

I'm a bit frustrated by the lack of proactive communication, everything since the intro email from my DS has been a response only after I've reached out to ask for the current status. For example, on 7/17 I was told that now that it was moving this way the estimated delivery date was 7/28. I didn't find out the estimate changed to arriving on 8/3 until I sent an email asking for an update on 7/27 (day before I thought it would be here). Now 8/3 is almost over and I still haven't heard anything.

Once the car gets to the local service center, what do they actually do before the customer picks it up?

Update, picked it up this afternoon! Sparky McRocketwheels has arrived!

The issue is that the shipping part of the process is silliness. The damn car is on a train (and untraceable) for weeks. If I order a $3 pack of razor blades from Amazon I can trace the shipment in near real time until it shows up at my house - usually I can see if they dropped it in the mailbox or on the porch! I understand the reasons that the car can't be traced like that - but nonetheless it's stupid. My car sat in Fremont waiting to get loaded on a train for eight or nine days. Ridiculous. Every single e-commerce site offers expedited shipping, every single carrier (including the frigging Postal Service) has tracking, but NO NO NO - not on a $117K car. It's on a train to Birmingham - maybe Alabama, maybe the magical sea train to Birmingham England. Not sure until it arrives.

This isn't just a problem with Tesla. A friend of mine just ordered a custom 2016 Chevrolet Corvette, and his is being shipped via train as well. I think the big issue is that 98% of the customers would baulk at a $4,000+ charge to get their car a few days early...

This isn't just a problem with Tesla. A friend of mine just ordered a custom 2016 Chevrolet Corvette, and his is being shipped via train as well. I think the big issue is that 98% of the customers would baulk at a $4,000+ charge to get their car a few days early...
Yes, but isn't this easily solvable with a Tesla? Just activate the Tesla app for your car when it leaves the factory in Fremont. Then you will know exactly where it is at all times using the app on your phone. Why can't they do that?

Yes, but isn't this easily solvable with a Tesla? Just activate the Tesla app for your car when it leaves the factory in Fremont. Then you will know exactly where it is at all times using the app on your phone. Why can't they do that?

They don't allow access to your car until you have taken delivery. You can technically drive the car with the phone app, so if someone found out that their car was at the Service center via the app, they technically could drive off with it via the app before paying for the car.

Makes sense. At least if I'd had the option of paying for truck shipping I would only have myself to blame for this silly wait.

My order was just confirmed late yesterday.

Ordered: 7/31/2015
Confirmed: 8/7/2015
S70D All-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Grey Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor
Autopilot convenience features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Subzero Weather Package

RN8700843
Estimated Delivery: late September
2015 VIN: TBD
(I did enter this data into the spreadsheet. Listed here for reader convenience.)

Ordered: 8/2/2015
Confirmed: 8/9/2015
S70
Midnight Silver
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
Premium Interior and Lighting
Black Alcantara Headliner
2015 VIN: 101061

Ordered: 7/10/2015
Confirmed: 7/17/2015
Production Queue: 7/20/2015
Factory is building my Model S: 8/4/2015
Your Model S is in transit from the factory: 8/9/2015
S70D All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Smart Air Suspension
19" OEM Wheels
Gray Next-Gen Seats
Autopilot
Estimated Delivery: "Late August"
VIN: 97580

Ordered: 7/24/2015
Confirmed: 7/31/2015
Production Queue: 8/1/2015
Factory is building my Model S:
Your Model S is in transit from the factory:
P90D(L) All-Wheel Drive
Obsidian Black
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Smart Air Suspension
21" Wheels
Black Next-Gen Seats
Autopilot
Estimated Delivery: "Late September"

My order was just confirmed yesterday:

Ordered: 7/28/2015
Confirmed: 8/4/2015
S70D All-Wheel Drive
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
RN4620101
2015 VIN: 5YJSA1S24FF0999xx (I wish it would have been 99999)

Today My Tesla screen reads "In Production. The Tesla Factory is building your Model S." :cool: That was quick! My delivery still simply says "September", but I *think* that means things are progressing quickly, doesn't it? It normally says that the car is in the production queue and parts are being gathered.

Delivered!

ZennTesla.jpg

Picked up our new ride yesterday afternoon at the Seattle Service Center. Very pretty.

Last edited:
Here's to my very first TMC post! (not sure how to do the "cheers" emoji...)
Ordered: 8/1/2015
Confirmed: 8/9/2015 (with VIN)
70D
Midnight Silver Metallic
Panoramic
19" Wheels
Grey Next Gen Seats
Matte Obeche
Estimated Delivery: Late September... Today got pushed to "September - Early October" :cursing:

Any one else in the low 100k VINs (mine is 100,554) getting estimated delivery dates pushed?

Here's to my very first TMC post! (not sure how to do the "cheers" emoji...)
Ordered: 8/1/2015
Confirmed: 8/9/2015 (with VIN)
70D
Midnight Silver Metallic
Panoramic
19" Wheels
Grey Next Gen Seats
Matte Obeche
Estimated Delivery: Late September... Today got pushed to "September - Early October" :cursing:

Any one else in the low 100k VINs (mine is 100,554) getting estimated delivery dates pushed?

well, what do you know? I just checked mytesla page and my 70D ordered 7/23, vin and confirmed on 7/30 also just got changed to the same range- when I first ordered it was early September, then got changed to just September.... I'm pretty annoyed that they haven't started building it after 2 1/2 weeks. Looks like they are giving higher priority to the 85 and 90 models. And I was an inch away from ordering the 90d but I decided to save the money. Little did I know that it would make me have to wait an extra month or more for the car!

well, what do you know? I just checked mytesla page and my 70D ordered 7/23, vin and confirmed on 7/30 also just got changed to the same range- when I first ordered it was early September, then got changed to just September.... I'm pretty annoyed that they haven't started building it after 2 1/2 weeks. Looks like they are giving higher priority to the 85 and 90 models. And I was an inch away from ordering the 90d but I decided to save the money. Little did I know that it would make me have to wait an extra month or more for the car!

Unfortunately, TM has always prioritized higher margin cars. So, I see them pushing out as many 90Ds as possible from here till the end of the quarter. Frustrating: yes...Predictable: yes

Unfortunately, TM has always prioritized higher margin cars. So, I see them pushing out as many 90Ds as possible from here till the end of the quarter. Frustrating: yes...Predictable: yes

What at annoys me is that they're not being honest about the production estimates- if they want to build the high end cars first, fine, that's they're right as a company. But don't give the exact same delivery estimates off the bat and then change them. I'm turning in a car this week on the basis of the original build estimate (which I was told by tesla employees would be very close to reality), and it will be inconveniencing me to be without it.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem right - my 90D ordered July 24th went from estimated delivery late September to October-early November :crying:. As of now, my car still hasn't entered production yet. Very sad!