Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Art and Rob, thanks for the tips!

Art, I noticed in another post you gave some clues as to your previous employment in the IT industry, writing some best practices guidelines. Having spent almost 30 years at a major insurance company in New Jersey using products by nearly all of those manufacturers, I have no doubt read some of your work! I was always a big fan of EMC (Dell?????). Thanks in retrospect!!!

Yes, I was with EMC for many years. Prior to that IBM, DEC, Compaq, HP then EMC. I had some great customers who at the time were doing ground breaking work in supercomputing and massive I/O. Loads of fun... had a great time at EMC. I did author many best practice white papers and blueprints for the field/customer use. BTW, just sold my 16,000 mile 1968 AMX at the Northeast Barrett-Jackson, what a blast it was to be there. Treated royally. The car community is loaded with such nice folks. Great time had by all if you were able to get tickets... it was sold out early.

I wouldn't worry to much over this. Your car is already phenomenal. You could just accept it and enjoy it. Or you could not accept it, forego the deposit which is a relatively small loss, and get a new car with all the bells and whistles.

Having followed Tesla for many years, things are always improving and changes are often rapid. Even if you get the newest car, don't be surprised if something better comes around in 6 months time and you are back to where you started.

My guess is that they will continue to upgrade sensors and equipment for many years, despite having stated that the current AP2 hardware suite is adequate for Level 5 autonomy. Tesla is constantly learning and improving.

So there really is no way any of us can keep up unless we are super rich and can trade in the car like every year.

Regardless of what you choose to do, I hope you are happy with the car. Even my 2014 Model S with 35000 miles has been a dream for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: drklain and grayguy
MyTesla has been updated from a June1-15 estimate to June1-8! A few weeks ago my DS set a tentative date of June 14. Looks like maybe it might be coming in earlier! I'm going to go pick up my HPWC on Friday and will cruise the back lot a bit to see if I can spot it. :)

I've read the manual twice, watched hours of youtube, spent way too much time on this forum, downloaded too many apps. Just need my electrical work done, but I can probably survive a few weeks on 100V as I have a relatively short commute.

Reactions: OilSucks