TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Paint Codes

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Honolulu MS, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Honolulu MS

Honolulu MS Hawaii Member

Is there anywhere the specific paint color codes are identified? Thanks.

2. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

They're on the Tesla store page where the touchup paint is sold (file attached)...

codes.jpg

• Helpful x 1
  3. Honolulu MS

Honolulu MS Hawaii Member

RandyS -- much appreciated. I guess I was looking in the wrong places. So with the code, a professional auto body shop should be able to do an identical match. Great.

4. dyoreo

dyoreo Member

From Tesla store touch up paint section:

The New Metallic Grey - Steel Grey now called Midnight Silver paint code is PMNG
    The Old Metallic Grey - Dolphin Grey paint code is PMTG

5. Barry

Barry Active Member

And PMNG touch-up is currently not available. I'm on the waiting list...

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

Try Dr. ColorChip. They can usually cook up anything--they did a multi-coat red PMMR for me better than the factory touch-up pen.

7. Lex

Lex Member

Thanks JPP I just ordered from Dr. ColorChip will see what happens as this is one of the new colors, here's how I ordered it:

PPSB
    Deep Blue Metallic (originally called Ocean Blue)
    2015-05
    Tesla
    Model S

Oh and to answer OP, the paint code should be on the door jamb sticker, for me it was the only way I found Deep Blue Metallic, as it isn't yet listed in the Tesla store touch-up paint.

I'm actually looking forward to Dr. ColorChip now, vs. the traditional mfr. touchup paint deal. I just hope they don't tell me they can't do this color.

8. babo4482

babo4482 New Member

Updates on paint results

Hi Lex,

Were you able to get the paint and test it out? I have your same color and need some now. I just used the summons feature and the car slammed into my garage door and then proceeded to open it leaving a 3 inch scratch right in the middle of the rear bumper where one of the hinges came in contact. Never happened in the weeks I've been using it. My wife said I looked like I was chasing our dog that likes to run away when I ran to push the door away from the car.

9. green1

green1 Active Member

For the sake of completeness, I am aware of 14 Tesla colours (not all of which were listed above)

PPTI: "titanium metallic",
    PBSB: "black",
    PMBL: "obsidian black",
    PBCW: "solid white",
    PMSS: "silver",
    PMNG: "midnight silver metallic",
    PMTG: "dolphin gray metallic",
    PMAB: "metallic brown",
    PMMB: "metallic blue",
    PPSB: "deep metallic blue",
    PMSG: "metallic green",
    PPSW: "pearl white",
    PPMR: "multi-coat red",
    PPSR: "signature red",

10. frosken

frosken Member

Just to add to this, here is a list of all the 14 current and previous colors:

PPSR - Signature Red
    COL0-PPSR.png
    PBCW - Solid White
    COL1-PBCW.png
    PBSB - Black
    COL1-PBSB.png
    PMAB - Metallic Brown
    COL2-PMAB.png
    PMBL - Obsidian Black
    COL2-PMBL.png
    PMMB - Metallic Blue
    COL2-PMMB.png
    PMNG - Midnight Silver Metallic
    COL2-PMNG.png
    PMSG - Metallic Green
    COL2-PMSG.png
    PMSS - Silver
    COL2-PMSS.png
    PMTG - Dolphin Gray Metallic
    COL2-PMTG.png
    PPSB - Deep Metallic Blue
    COL2-PPSB.png
    PPTI - Titanium Metallic
    COL2-PPTI.png
    PPMR - Red Multi-Coat
    COL3-PPMR.png
    PPSW - Pearl White Multi-Coat
    COL3-PPSW.png
    Album on imgur: All Tesla colors - Album on Imgur

11. green1

green1 Active Member

Did you make that? and if so, have you played much with the compositor? I made another thread about it, but it got zero replies, I'm specifically trying to find out about any other views of the car than I already know about (basically anything other than what's used on the CPO site or the my.tesla page)

12. frosken

frosken Member

I made it by crawling the web site and brute forcing to see if there's any hidden colors. Didn't find any, but at least I got some pretty illustrations of the car.

It's easy to change the equipment in the illustrations by changing the option codes in the url I got it from.

13. green1

green1 Active Member

I have all the option and paint codes, I can make it an X or an S (maybe I could even figure out how to make it a roadster...) It's the view that I want to find more on, I found a handful,(all the views you can get in the design studio or on the CPO page) but I wonder if the views on the vehicle displays, or in the app are also available somehow.

14. Lukez

Lukez Member

Bringing this thread back. Do you or anyone know what the silver wheel paint code is? I want to get it in a spray can but all I see is paint pens online! I can have a can made up locally if I know the color code.
    Thanks