Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I recall, I’ve had a survey request a few days after every service. Whether at center or mobile. I’ve been honest and balanced in my responses. Pointing out both weaknesses and strengths (yes, they have those too).

Received three call backs from the managers at the location to discuss further. Is everyone else not getting the same surveys? Have they stopped doing this?
I don't think I've ever received a call after my survey.

Reactions: impastu
All these crazy issues, I feel like this is not a big deal… but anyone have their trunk lid fixed looking like this?

4D164A90-2D74-45AE-B985-E73FBB237475.jpegEE0BB2DA-1E12-4D62-9B17-579551C0DC50.jpeg

I searched forum. Searched internet. Trying to sync multiple calendars. What I found was pre refresh. Anyone have any newer information? It seemed pre refresh it was nearly impossible
Not sure I understand. If you have calendar sync enabled on the car side and in the app, it just makes all the different calendars that are on your native calendar app on your synced device available in car. At least on the iPhone.

Comparatively, having a car with only this problem is like winning the lottery.
it's actually not the only issue. the frunk, they tried to adjust but kinda filed, so that's not right. scratch in the carbon fiber which they are replacing, and the front passenger door won't shut unless you slam it hard. the window is catching the weather-stripping way before the door latch catches. and a few wrinkles in the material that they said meets spec...

it's actually not the only issue. the frunk, they tried to adjust but kinda filed, so that's not right. scratch in the carbon fiber which they are replacing, and the front passenger door won't shut unless you slam it hard. the window is catching the weather-stripping way before the door latch catches. and a few wrinkles in the material that they said meets spec...
The front passenger door issue is common (mine’s the same - drives my wife nuts). The wrinkles are unfortunately common too (mine is the same).

Oh, and Tesla approved my replacement HV battery just now. Praise be.

Correct-o! I really wanted to pickup my trunk privacy shelf asap as I didn't like parking in public places without it, and they happened to also have my floor mats and other missing bits (trunk cargo area covers & rear license plate frame) available for me to pick up.
I picked my car up 9/13. The entire mat trunk kit missing. All mats, trunk privacy and trunk covers. They said they had noted it and I’d get them shipped to my house. No one will put it in writing. “We don’t do that”. Absolutely nutty place. 😂 How’d that all go down for you? What did they tell you at pickup? Did they call to have you come in? Its been about 3-4 weeks since you picked up. Did you just wait or call them in between?
Lol. After the intensity of the purchase and delivery dance, the missing mat kit is maddening. Just want the madness to end! 🤪
That said, so far, this is up there with top best purchases of my life. F’ing Elon…

I picked my car up 9/13. The entire mat trunk kit missing. All mats, trunk privacy and trunk covers. They said they had noted it and I’d get them shipped to my house. No one will put it in writing. “We don’t do that”. Absolutely nutty place. 😂 How’d that all go down for you? What did they tell you at pickup? Did they call to have you come in? Its been about 3-4 weeks since you picked up. Did you just wait or call them in between?
Lol. After the intensity of the purchase and delivery dance, the missing mat kit is maddening. Just want the madness to end! 🤪
That said, so far, this is up there with top best purchases of my life. F’ing Elon…
Here they are supposed to provide a "due bill" of what is missing - I've gotten it from other manufacturers when things were missing that I special ordered. When I picked up mine unprompted they said they would give me one due to the missing cover. But when I left I didn't get one and forgot to ask after dealing with other issues.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
No one will put it in writing. “We don’t do that”. Absolutely nutty place.
Yeah, on my last three Tesla vehicle purchases I received some manner of “Due Bill”. This time, they flatly refused to give me anything in writing. You can 100% tell Tesla doesn’t give two shits about demand as their customer service at deliveries has gone from incredible, to meh, to horrid.

New thread for Plaid/ Long Range FSD Button:

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
New thread for Plaid/ Long Range FSD Button:

Just got it this morning, downloading now. Release notes says it has the button. We’ll see soon enough

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and MEL-22
I just took a bunch of photos of the car while at the factory (where I picked up my car from) showing the missing bits, then uploaded them to the service appointment I created through the app.

A couple of weeks later, I sent a message to the service center requesting an update on missing parts, stating I really needed the trunk privacy shelf. Once they responded that it had arrived, I stopped by to pick it up. The other bits turned out to be there too, so picked them all up at once.

TL;DR: you have to be proactive with Tesla and keep asking for things.l, unfortunately.

I ordered my Model S Plaid last Thursday and picked it up from Austin on Monday 20th Sept. Drove from Austin to Dallas area without issues, drove around town on Tuesday and Wednesday, no issues. On Thursday AM, I noticed as I was backing out that the steering wheel was super stiff and brakes were very hard, all errors signs on the dash were lit with some degradation messages flashing all over the place. I was able to get the car to the Tesla Service Center around me and they couldn’t immediately figure out the root cause and still haven’t figured it out till today…. I’ll share an update here once is resolved and root cause communicated.

I searched forum. Searched internet. Trying to sync multiple calendars. What I found was pre refresh. Anyone have any newer information? It seemed pre refresh it was nearly impossible
Can you not go into the Calendar app on the center screen and there is an icon to adjust the calendars you want to sync? Believe the icon looked like two or three levers to “configure”. Looking through the manual, it does not say how to select the calendars you want. But I do not recall if the old manual said it either.

If not, it is just another setting missing from the refresh. As someone who has a lot of calendars I subscribe to, I definitely do not want all of those syncing. Useless.