Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder what the weight is on those forged 20"? I just put on 20x10 and 20x11.5 yesterday but with 255 and 295 widths to reduce drag and weight to be equal to the 19" oe...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 4.19.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 4.19.09 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 264
Meant to weigh them and completely forgot. Will do that when I rotate them in a few thousand miles. I'm running 285/35/20 all around. Significantly lighter than the factory wheels, which are the heaviest wheel/tire combo I think I've ever picked up.

Spoke with a Tesla Plaid owner that received an early install of the Carbon Ceramic Brakes in Feb/March of this year. He did say that without heat built up in the pads/rotors that when street driving I should be aware they don’t grab as good as stock when cool.

Anyone have CCB on other brands before that would care to comment with their experiences.

Reactions: bhzmark
Spoke with a Tesla Plaid owner that received an early install of the Carbon Ceramic Brakes in Feb/March of this year. He did say that without heat built up in the pads/rotors that when street driving I should be aware they don’t grab as good as stock when cool.

Anyone have CCB on other brands before that would care to comment with their experiences.

I have had CCBs on 2 Porsches and they Grab so hard you have to relearn braking feel. They stop so much better.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Yep, me too. Set my alarm on my phone. I don't think we'll see as many people buying them like when they offered the steering wheel to replace the yoke but this is really the last thing to pretty much complete my S.

I am just going with the brakes and not the wheel/tire combo.

I have thought about that as well, but more concerned about the comments I've read about cold braking performance. Which could be more of an issue since most of the time I am one pedal driving. TBH - I am not that concerned about range on the S anyway as I am not going to take many road trips in it anyway.

So I'll probably just use my S3XY buttons to dial down the regen to nothing or almost nothing, and less likely to have totally "cold" brakes. Also might be a chance to find different pads that work to bias it more toward individual usage patterns.