Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Options you list come at a heft price +$60K over a Plaid. No doubt it's an awesome platform but Porsche loves their options list and especially customers who check many of the boxes.
The car trim I got is definitely more expensive than Plaid, however you can spec many of those options on a lower trim Taycan and fit in the Plaid price envelope with all the options. Granted, with Plaid price having gone down and Taycan gone up in the last couple of years, you won't get them all for the same price anymore, but there are people who paid $130K for Plaid too, at the time they could have gotten a Taycan 4S with all the goodies I mentioned for about the same price. When I set out to buy the Taycan, Plaid was $129K and Taycan started at $77K after federal rebate, which left some good margin for options.

My observation was that I cannot believe people are still waiting on this, as it was announced and was supposed to be available long ago. I'm glad I learned Elon timelines and did not even consider future packages as a viable option. Full disclosure, I have experience brake face on my Model S in the past, mostly when driving over mountain ranges though once when I was having some fun on a highway with some other sport cars. Those experiences convinced me to look for a car with better brakes, especially if it's going to weigh 2 tons.

The track packages are available again and I just placed my order. The installation date is June 29th, but I expect it to slip.

HI Track Packers,

I have had my track pack (with wheels/tires) on order since June 3rd, and had an install date of June 21st in NJ yesterday. Even though I asked the service site if they had the parts, they responded "Yes we do" However, after I got to a service rep, all of a sudden, they didn't have the parts. Waste of half a day.
Is there anyone in NJ getting theirs done? I am now scheduled for July 11th. We shall see, as the NJ service center said they never did this install yet....
Cheers,

HI Track Packers,

I have had my track pack (with wheels/tires) on order since June 3rd, and had an install date of June 21st in NJ yesterday. Even though I asked the service site if they had the parts, they responded "Yes we do" However, after I got to a service rep, all of a sudden, they didn't have the parts. Waste of half a day.
Is there anyone in NJ getting theirs done? I am now scheduled for July 11th. We shall see, as the NJ service center said they never did this install yet....
Cheers,
Wheels and tires are at my service center in So. California. They ship unmounted. Saw them Tuesday.

I assume the east coast is 4-5 days behind shipping from the west coast.

Wheels and tires are at my service center in So. California. They ship unmounted. Saw them Tuesday.

I assume the east coast is 4-5 days behind shipping from the west coast.
Hello, my service contact in NJ let me know he has the tires. Nothing else at this time. they are working to get a complete kit somehow.
I will be patient, and keep enjoying my Plaid, will keep updating.
all the best,

I just contacted my service center to see if the Track Package I purchased is actually at the facility. It is a five hour round trip from my home to Tesla and I would hate to make the drive only to find that the parts are not there. My appointment is next Thursday, so I doubt that the parts are there already, but I will report back what they say.

Tesla Plaid Performance and Tesla S Plaid Facebook groups.
Yeah mark from rpm Tesla just got theirs installed as well
IMG_7441.jpeg
IMG_7442.jpeg

Hello,
Im in the Q for the full track package with wheels and tire, still waiting for all the parts.
However my parts list has the brakes, knuckles, nuts, and tires. No wheels. What are the parts numbers for the 20” wheels?
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1399.png
    IMG_1399.png
    500 KB · Views: 79
The only way I would buy it.
I thought about that before. Then I remembered how crappy 3 of my 4 Teslas were put together from the factory to make their EOQ deliveries and I thought I'd take my chances with the local service center.

Other than being booked out, they have seemed to do good work so far. At least they were able to fix all the delivery defects that the factory thought were good enough to ship on to the customer. I can imagine them throwing *sugar* together on the brake kit to dump it out before the EOQ deadline. I forget what model it was, maybe an MYP or MSP where they were shipped out with missing brake pads. Imagine if that happened to your CCB equipped Plaid.