Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3582.jpeg
    IMG_3582.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 120
In order to get the track pack firmware to successfully finish the bleed is very specific and specific abs pressures must be met. If not, toolbox aborts the firmware upload and they must start over.
Hmm. So it’s best to use a pressure bleeder and also toolbox? I have both :) just not a track pack yet!

I have spend a decade being the first buying Tesla stuff. Now I’m going to wait for a bit and let others be the guinea pig!

Hmm. So it’s best to use a pressure bleeder and also toolbox? I have both :) just not a track pack yet!

I have spend a decade being the first buying Tesla stuff. Now I’m going to wait for a bit and let others be the guinea pig!
They use toolbox and bleed by actuating the abs module. When installing the track pack firmware there is a very specific method that needs to be followed in order to pass each step. One owner had to sign a nda even to be present in the area during install and has revealed a little about the process. The bulletin that details the install is closely held like a government secret. It’s batty.

I’m pretty sure there is some active security in regards to the firmware so that it can’t be installed by just anyone.

Last edited:
Probably a standard form that Tesla has to cover customers who want to watch a repair. As I suspect you know well, IP protection is important, especially when you are the market leader and the big guys are all chasing your tail.

A bit sketch from the start about how some random service center had the legal documentation on-hand and authorization to reveal intellectual property to a non-associated third party.

I plan on ordering the track package, but am going to need more of an overall street tire for daily driving vs. the GY 3R’s. Has anyone looked into tire options I was thinking about just getting a set of GY 3’s (non R variant).

For those that got the track package with the 20" wheels, did that wheel size option show up in the wheel configuration screen in the service menu or does it still show only 19 or 21" settings?
I just took a look and NO there is not a 20” wheel option for me. I only have the CCB so I will ask someone who did get the 20” wheels and report back.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
I'm interested to hear daily duty experience running these brakes. I know the YouTuber Marques Brownlee has had these on his MSP a year ahead of anyone, but I don't recall him ever talking about brake feel, noise, etc.

Thanks for the intrepid, first installers of what look to be awesome OEM brakes!

Reactions: bhzmark
I watched Mr. Brownlee’s YouTube video on his brakes before I knew that I might be able to order them, and I recall thinking that he was not a subject matter expert on vehicles once you get past the obvious. This said, it sure has been fun watching his subscriber base increase and I love watching his computer reviews (which is how I first found out about him).

Joe

I'm interested to hear daily duty experience running these brakes. I know the YouTuber Marques Brownlee has had these on his MSP a year ahead of anyone, but I don't recall him ever talking about brake feel, noise, etc.

Thanks for the intrepid, first installers of what look to be awesome OEM brakes!

wouldn't expect too much of an issue. i've been running the unplugged CCBs for a couple of months now with no issues. Occasionally they'll get dust on them and squeal, but you can clean them off by simply heating them up a cycle and burning the gunk off.