Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we're talking about the wheels, for those who aren't planning to keep separate track and daily sets, what are people replacing the Goodyear's with once they wear out? I saw many like PS4S's, but wondering if some of the homologated versions would work better than the generics on the plaid. Saw they have different compounds (at least per this
).
Generics?

Awesome sleuthing 🕵🏻‍♂️

They go from sourcing top shelf brake components from Surface Transforms, AP Racing and go hard in the paint with tire selection, yet cheap out on Chinese wheels. At least offer SAI outta Taiwan?

Btw, they’re likely forged unless mendacity prevails within Tesla marketing.

CITIC Dicastal Co., Ltd. —the world's largest manufacturer of aluminum wheels for the auto industry, which was founded in 1988 and is based in Qin Huangdao City, China.

P.S. Would not be shocked if same 🇨🇳company supplied aluminum forgings for all the non-motorosort budget brands out there like Signature, Vossen, TSportline etc.
Did not catch that. I've never seen a set of forged wheels, ever, that haven't been stamped forged & assumed these were cast since it was in the name.

But yes, Tesla marketing has messed up/not cared plenty of times so that would not be a surprise. 200mph unlock with new tires? oh no, we meant it's a 200mph unlock if you buy a $15,000 set of brakes and you can keep the same tires...

Reactions: ftwret
While we're talking about the wheels, for those who aren't planning to keep separate track and daily sets, what are people replacing the Goodyear's with once they wear out? I saw many like PS4S's, but wondering if some of the homologated versions would work better than the generics on the plaid. Saw they have different compounds (at least per this
).
Unless Tesla releases the composite of their OEM spec tires, no one will ever know. BMW has done it so people can see the difference between the two versions.

The BMW spec g gen M PS4S tires are more like a Cup 2 than PS4S. Legit street tire like the T2s on the 2021-current MS.
That's what I was curious to know. I'd read the K2 Ferrari versions are lighter but with thinner treads. Those are the two options for the front sizes. Rears are FP Ford or AO Audi, for which I've found absolutely no info on. Waiting to hear from Michelin.

Hmm, that surprises me. I would have expected caliper to face clearance to be a potential issue, not barrel diameter.

Wish I knew someone locally with the track package to test fitment
Am currently working on designing a set of 19" to fit around the track calipers. If it is possible I'll have it done by spring. Tied up working on a set of 18" on the rear for plaids (with oem brakes) to be able to run drag radials and slicks without any modifications, and that has priority at the moment.

The TE37's are a terrible design for maximizing clearance on internal components. I'd be surprised if you could get that design to work.

Reactions: leecox and MrSlowEv
Am currently working on designing a set of 19" to fit around the track calipers. If it is possible I'll have it done by spring. Tied up working on a set of 18" on the rear for plaids (with oem brakes) to be able to run drag radials and slicks without any modifications, and that has priority at the moment.

The TE37's are a terrible design for maximizing clearance on internal components. I'd be surprised if you could get that design to work.
Even in a 20” fitment?

Since you’re designing the 19s, do you happen to have the relevant dimensions for the caliper?

TBH normally I’d just go for a brembo gts kit or something, but it’s annoying that no one seems to make a rear BBK.

Even in a 20” fitment?

Since you’re designing the 19s, do you happen to have the relevant dimensions for the caliper?

TBH normally I’d just go for a brembo gts kit or something, but it’s annoying that no one seems to make a rear BBK.

I don't have the actual measurements of the rotor and caliper, I'm using partial 1:1 scale prints of the specific design profile to check for clearance. Then having modifications made and getting a set of physical wheels cut to verify fitment and making final tweaks from that set.

Sigh, it took 3 pulls to 320 kph to get close to thermal throttling. They still need to make it lighter and improve cooling/efficiency. This explains why their Ring lap didn't have 300+ kph top speed down the straight towards the end. Bring on the 1kV pack voltage, 4680 cells with lower internal resistance and higher power density motors.
This level of EV is new to the market as far as performance specs are concerned compared to existing cars. It's going to take a while to figure it out.

We're just in the exploration phase at this point. Heck, The RImac Nevera just set an unnecessary world record for top speed in reverse at over 170mph. That's pretty nuts the same car can go 250 mph forward and 170 in reverse. Completely useless but it is a technical capability that ICE vehicles can't do.

Got my CCB on 21” track pack to a half mile and roll race event last weekend.
Took my passenger and rear bench out and gained a solid 3MPH to the roll, 10 MPH to the half, 2 MPH trap to the 1/4 and 0.2 seconds 60-130 all compared to my previous event.
So it is worth every penny 👌🏽
There was another one with the full kit and was doing 5 MPH less to the half so I’m wondering if the shorter diameter tires has something to do!
A friend was also with the CCB, but full weight trapping 1 MPH less than me so it wasn’t the seats…. The 165 MPH on the chart was the super 8 final round (finished 2nd)

Attachments

• IMG_5726.png
    IMG_5726.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: OCS300