Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with the CCB taken it to 200mph? And what was it like? The fastest i have gone is 157 at the track before holding on for dear life as it struggled to slow down lol
I’ve done 190 mph somewhere in Mexico. No problem. Even better, there are readily available and credible YouTube clips of track pack equipped Plaids doing 190 mph heading into a turn at the Nurburgring no sweat. Autobahn to 326 kph no worries.

The track pack is as legit as it gets. Don’t be a loser. Just get it installed already. lol jk

All,

I just received an update that my track package will be installed this Friday, roughly 8 months or so after I ordered. I will be glad to have this done. I am bringing my own 20” PS4S tires for them to mount on the zero G wheels and I will store the track tires on a new set of lighter weight forged wheels for my drag strip days. Here’s hoping that they do not damage anything while the package is being installed. I am going to arrive early and take a short walk around video and 50 or so high resolution images to make sure I have proof if something is damaged.

Wish me luck!

Joe

All,

I just received an update that my track package will be installed this Friday, roughly 8 months or so after I ordered. I will be glad to have this done. I am bringing my own 20” PS4S tires for them to mount on the zero G wheels and I will store the track tires on a new set of lighter weight forged wheels for my drag strip days. Here’s hoping that they do not damage anything while the package is being installed. I am going to arrive early and take a short walk around video and 50 or so high resolution images to make sure I have proof if something is damaged.

Wish me luck!

Joe
Unless you're doing a full gut and race setup, the fastest consistent times are on the 19" oem pirellis. Those goodyear 3r are not meant for straight line racing and you'll lose trap speed. They may help a little bit out of the hole if you're doing no prep and the track is bad, but it's going to eat into your top end.

I’ve read most of this thread and I apologize if it’s been stated already, but does anyone know the estimated cost of Tesla service swapping the ceramic breaks back to stock? It’s very obvious to me that getting the brakes would not add $15k to the resale value, but if I were to get another Model S in 2-3 years, it’d be great knowing if I can move the ceramic brakes to that for a reasonable service charge.

I have had the exact same thought, but I will likely do the work myself if I can. In my opinion, the parts removed from the plaid are not sufficiently valuable for me to sell them, so I will find a storage spot in my garage attic and hang on to them in case I need to put them back on.

I’ve read most of this thread and I apologize if it’s been stated already, but does anyone know the estimated cost of Tesla service swapping the ceramic breaks back to stock? It’s very obvious to me that getting the brakes would not add $15k to the resale value, but if I were to get another Model S in 2-3 years, it’d be great knowing if I can move the ceramic brakes to that for a reasonable service charge.

I don't think anyone knows yet. You'll have to get an answer from the service center for reprogramming the car on top of the removal/reinstall.

This is why specifically I'm keeping the unplugged CCB kit on mine until I get a replacement plaid.

Reactions: adcustom
Again, please don't ever have the need to replace any parts of the Track Pack components, especially the calipers. I finally got the rear caliper part #s from the service center to replace my cosmetically damaged set. Turns out I also need the brake lines as it has a one-time use crush washer at the ends. I'm still waiting on parts, but hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Would I buy the TP brakes again? Absoflippnlutely. Will I buy another Tesla after my MSP which is my first EV? Highly unlikely if parts sourcing remains such a massive undertaking because sht happens. Parts should be reasonably, readily available for a modern vehicle.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 4.54.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
Is 1060099-00-A the correct part number for the Track Pack brake fluid? IIRC, it's some special brake fluid, but tough to nail down Tesla part #s.

FYI, the brake lines have to be replaced because they have a one-time use crush washer attached to them (i.e. not sold separately).

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-01-31 11.25.48 AM.png

What software version is everybody on? Once I received my Track Package, my software version changed to 2023.44.30.8. I assume that the Track Package is a special branch of the standard software version (or versions). I wonder how often we will see updates.

Joe

What software version is everybody on? Once I received my Track Package, my software version changed to 2023.44.30.8. I assume that the Track Package is a special branch of the standard software version (or versions). I wonder how often we will see updates.

Joe
2024.2.7 After did the track pack config I didn’t notice anything special with the software versions. To me I think it’s like iOS where 17.3.1 etc will cover many models of iPhones, there’s no special version for a 15 Pro Max.

Reactions: phantasms