Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the following measurements for the Track Pack Brakes? Still awaiting install but want to order custom wheels before I get the track pack installed. So I would think someone has measured this already? :)

Attachments

• Wheel measurements.jpg
    Wheel measurements.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 30
Anyone have the following measurements for the Track Pack Brakes? Still awaiting install but want to order custom wheels before I get the track pack installed. So I would think someone has measured this already? :)
When I make a set of wheels for someone, I send them a 1:1 printable schematic so they can verify tolerances. The printouts come with different colored lines for the various options I can do on the spoke clearance and barrel design. I recently used this to try to manipulate a set of 18" to fit around the OEM brakes but unfortunately couldn't do it and retain tolerances I was comfortable with.

I would recommend getting the track pack, then request a 1:1 from whoever you're buying wheels from and do a test fit. That's more dependable than measuring multiple surfaces and angles with close tolerances.

Reactions: MuppetOwl
Speaking of tires and wheels, I have noticed that the track pack sized PS4S tires on the track pack wheels throws MUCH more debris on the rear doors, front rocker, and panel behind the rear tires. I am a bit worried that I may need more PPF.

Joe
They're not Track Pack sized. They're called T2s. It's because they're extra sticky, designed to handle the immense power and torque of the refreshed S. Awesome tire.

My MSP was fully XPel'ed from new.

Reactions: PR0FESSOR
How so? I ordered the exact same size as the Goodyears that come with the track pack. T2 doesn’t impact physical size, does it?

Joe
My bad. Forgot you got tp wheels too. I’m guessing it may have to do with the tp wheels likely sitting a little more flush than the arachnids which have pretty conservative offsets.

My Forgelines certainly fit flush to fender front and rear but I don’t even notice since I’ve got xpel doing its thing.

My MSP is the first car I ever felt compelled to ppf every painted surface. Paint’s weak.

Speaking of tires and wheels, I have noticed that the track pack sized PS4S tires on the track pack wheels throws MUCH more debris on the rear doors, front rocker, and panel behind the rear tires. I am a bit worried that I may need more PPF.

Joe

I'm working on a solution for this; currently designing an extended carbon fiber mudflap. This is an outline of the ones I have now, am extending the bottom part down another 1/2" and see if that helps. If not I'll do a new one and add another 1/2" or change the corner design.

Should be pretty cheap once they're done. Tons of options on the CF, but honestly I'm just doing them in cheap 1mm thick weave. Making them more expensive and thicker makes no sense because if something breaks a cheap 1mm woven mudflap, it's going to damage a high end 4mm twill T700 CF panel too.

As a side note, I don't have the track pack, but the tires I run are 220tw so they pick up everything on the road.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 7.32.43 PM.png

They're not Track Pack sized. They're called T2s. It's because they're extra sticky, designed to handle the immense power and torque of the refreshed S. Awesome tire.

My MSP was fully XPel'ed from new.

The T2's are no softer than T0 or T1. I have measured all of them with a durometer personally. There may be variations in where the different bands of compounds run, but not by much.

Joe
I’m running 285/35/20s all around and have my entire car wrapped in Xpel Stealth. Both rear panels on my car are peppered with about 12k miles or so on the wrap. I don’t care what tire you have on there, if it’s stock width or close you’re catching debris off those panels. I have aftermarket mud flaps and I doubt they are helping at all.

I’m running 285/35/20s all around and have my entire car wrapped in Xpel Stealth. Both rear panels on my car are peppered with about 12k miles or so on the wrap. I don’t care what tire you have on there, if it’s stock width or close you’re catching debris off those panels. I have aftermarket mud flaps and I doubt they are helping at all.
The Tesla mudflaps help, but they're ugly as hell and they're so long they scrap the ground when you hit bumps at speed on the highway

The T2's are no softer than T0 or T1. I have measured all of them with a durometer personally. There may be variations in where the different bands of compounds run, but not by much.
Do a scientific materials analysis and a carcass breakdown to imbue us with your tire expertise.

In my nonscientifc experience having run ps4s exclusively on a number of sporting vehicles, the t2s kick up the most rocks no question.

Tire science is black magic.

Last edited:
Do a scientific materials analysis and a carcass breakdown to imbue us with your tire expertise.

In my nonscientifc experience having run ps4s exclusively on a number of sporting vehicles, the t2s kick up the most rocks no question.

Tire science is black magic.
It's not difficult, buy a durometer and press it on the tires. Your conjecture definitely trumps my actual testing and knowledge.

I also probably don't keep stacks of spares at the house of various t2, t1, white label PS4S or t spec pss laying around either...so what would I know?

PXL_20221004_220804360.jpg
PXL_20230201_005433114.jpg

Last edited:
Not really sure where you're going with that statement. You claim I don't know what I was talking about about, even though I have used equipment to measure all three variations of the Tesla spec PS4S.

Additionally, I've measured T0 spec PSS for the front (the tire profile I prefer over PS4S). Along with the 21" Goodyear F1 NA0, and 21" pirelli pz4 NA0 (my current favorite).

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go with my personal testing over someone's 'I don't need to measure anything, because I just know'