Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S production process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw yesterday the documentary on nationalgeographic
megafactories supercars ; Tesla Model S

Engines are produced in Freemond on the 2nd floor ;-)

That's motors:wink: Yeah they do assembly and wiring (those crazy multiple wires in electric motors) in Fremont. May be someone during factory tour would be willing to go there and share his impression here?

Very little shown in the documentary regarding motors. The guy handling rotor, the yellow robot manually operated that handles outer part, and some idle machinery...

Overall good movie, but I wish they would have done it when actual production started, with less advertisement but showing more details about actual production. Sort of the way awesome BMW X3 video was done.

I will attach link, but that is ONLY for real hard core Tesla fans, that is not an English version and would probably be very boring for most to watch, I mean if you do not understand narration (besides some would need to figure out how to handle torrent links).

What struck me the most, is a proud claim posted on the wall: "10,000 Model S vehicles manufactured"!!! Wow! :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Original/Opening Poster (thread), I believe?
I know what OP stands for. But not sure what pilotSteve was referring to. Did not looked like that was jdevo2004 or his posts, at least to me.

Attachments

• 10k veh man.jpg
    10k veh man.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Tesla.avi.torrent.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 127
What struck me the most, is a proud claim posted on the wall: "10,000 Model S vehicles manufactured"!!! Wow! :scared:

I don't seem to have the means to play that video on my computer, but why do you say "Wow" ? 10,000 is clearly false. Something wrong there. Unless it is from the future... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Saw yesterday the documentary on nationalgeographic
megafactories supercars ; Tesla Model S

I didn't see the thread or link for that documentary. Is there one on this forum?

I don't seem to have the means to play that video on my computer,

If you computer using Windows OS, then you can install BitTorrent,
BitTorrent - Delivering the World's Content
Then you need to open zip file, and click on it, so it would be open by BitTorrent software.
Then you wait till video finish to be downloaded, and enjoy it(but it is not in English!!!)

If you use other OS, then I do not know (but I believe torrent handling software is available for most OS out there, Linux, OS-X, Android, iOS etc).

Zip was attached to previous post, but I will attach it to this post too for your convenience.

but why do you say "Wow" ? 10,000 is clearly false. Something wrong there. Unless it is from the future... ;)
Cuz someone actually took time to print that, and then took time to get to the wall and place that there! Why he/she did it? I'm impressed by that:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Tesla.avi.torrent.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 105
Tesla Model S - Supercars 2011 - YouTube

This is the full video link on youtube. For anybody that is on this forum, if you are as big of a fat cheerleader for Tesla as I am, this is 45 minutes that you should take to learn more about this incredible brand. They just seem to be doing everything right! The video has lots of drama, and it's just darn exciting to see America building amazing things again.

New question: What is the rate at the factory for this week, and are we going to see any P's "Officially" coming off the line?