Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s US delivery. UK delivery just says 2022. That’s a long gap

And from the Australian (also RHD) section:

Ok I just gave them a call. Long story short, 2022 is accurate, they said the next shipment of S and X we get here in Australia will be the 2022 batch. So that sucks.

He said for people with existing orders, there'd be an incentive to continue with the order and just wait I guess, which is a $2000 credit (which doesn't make much of a dent in the price increase anyway, so meh :D) and one other thing which he couldn't remember offhand. Maybe that'll end up being some supercharger km's or whatever.

They're calling or emailing people with existing orders so I'll wait for that and update here if it's not already known by then.

Improvements at the front to catch more bugs and stone chips. Fog lights? Anything done to improve headlight power? Inside remove anything that can be removed to save cost - charge more, delay the roadster. Lose the cost of an average family car per year?? Finally the same lame promises re FSD....and nothing done about reversing lights?

Reactions: gangzoom
Improvements at the front to catch more bugs and stone chips. Fog lights? Anything done to improve headlight power? Inside remove anything that can be removed to save cost - charge more, delay the roadster. Lose the cost of an average family car per year?? Finally the same lame promises re FSD....and nothing done about reversing lights?

Even if you include all that stuff, its now cheaper to buy a Porsche EV than the equivalent Tesla.

Normal wheel option found in the wings

https://twitter.com/teslainventory/status/1354625178412568576?s=21

A3400402-2775-4993-AE63-D281C0F05D41.jpeg

also, the car is going to select forward/reverse gear automatically

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1354680585139187713?s=21

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Obliter8
Much less range in the Porsche? And I doubt I'd fit in one (apartheight is alive and well)...

I would have a Taycan over a Model S any day of the week regardless of range difference, the fact a Taycan is now cheaper than a Model S is utterly nuts. You need to be in love with Elon to buy a S over a Taycan at current price levels.

Quicker charging though. The Taycan isn't a small car at all.

Plus, it's a Porsche!
I agree Porsche still has the brand appeal but Tesla are catching up especially for a new company. Although the Taycan has a faster peak charging rate I'd like to see how long the Plaid+ can maintain 250kW for as I'm thinking it'll be much longer than 3&Y?

Normal wheel option found in the wings

https://twitter.com/teslainventory/status/1354625178412568576?s=21

A3400402-2775-4993-AE63-D281C0F05D41.jpeg

also, the car is going to select forward/reverse gear automatically

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1354680585139187713?s=21

Yeah, like that's going to work on my single track roads with (rare) passing bays....

I would have a Taycan over a Model S any day of the week regardless of range difference, the fact a Taycan is now cheaper than a Model S is utterly nuts. You need to be in love with Elon to buy a S over a Taycan at current price levels.

I agree that it's getting nuts to buy an S or indeed Teslas (apart from the charger network) now options are becoming available but range is king when rural and winter. tThe depreciation on a new S is frightening and i;d hate to even guess at the insurance on a Plaid+. And as for getting a Tesla fixed.... mine's been in the shop 10 days and they haven't looked at it yet...
As for the taycan .. i'd have to drive one to make any decision. The Porsche name means nothing to me.

Be interesting to compare the cost of a plaid over a Taycan.

A quick play with the Taycan configurator on the base model taycan - adding just good stuff like park assist and 360 view and lane assist/ cruise, extended batery etc but none of the fancy badges or trims came out just short of £90K. On the top model when you add things like park assist etc you're getting to £150K all of which still puts Tesla pricing as competative but hopefully the Taycan would be built better and delivered better (but I'm a cycnic)

Porsche base price is theoretical. No one is going to buy one at the MSRP, and good luck trying to sell one without the essential options (a contradiction in terms). When I sold my Cayman the first question I was asked was if it had PCM (a screen/nav)

I can see why one would want the Taycan for superior build quality and the badge, so you can remind your neighbours how much you make, but I don’t see it as particularly revolutionary. It’s a first gen product from a company who isn’t really into EVs, too.

Plenty of people just want one for the badge though. I found that to be the most uncomfortable aspect of ownership, both from people who thought having one made me a better person somehow, and those that decided I was a ponce even though I bought the Cayman for me, for its exciting driving dynamics.

Reactions: Fred42 and Obliter8
Indicator is voice controlled!
It looks like there are soft buttons (haptic?) on the steering wheel for indicators, etc, if you look closely..

EszFrPxU0AU78mS.jpg

Bizarrely, both indicator buttons are on the left hand side of the wheel. I think that's a really poor decision from an intuitiveness point of view, it would've been far more natural to have the right indicator be where the voice activation button is.