TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Shows Its True Colors (Photos)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GeorgeB, Aug 30, 2012.

?

Select your colour:

Poll closed Apr 29, 2016.
  1. Grey

138 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Black

123 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Silver

56 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. White

78 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. Pearl White

102 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. Multi coat Red

132 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. Signature Red

48 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Blue

141 vote(s)
    15.7%
  9. Brown

39 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. Green

42 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

I am a n00b, damn GPS suspension. Should have also had the girlfriend hide as well. :rolleyes:

2. Pilacker

Pilacker New Member

Ti

3. Pilacker

Pilacker New Member

Tired of car company's doing away with greens, while having multiple blacks and greys. I love a good dark green. RAM trucks offer a black Forrest metallic that is awesome. Add that to a tan interior and you have another Timeless classic with emphasis on class.

• Like x 2
  4. AmeliaKD

AmeliaKD Member

I agree, the green and brown are beautiful!!

Nice job on the photos!

5. scottm

scottm Active Member

Looks hot!

Literally, like that could be a fire shooting out the sunroof. And hood area.
    Maybe engine on fire too with the reflection?
    Hey Wait! No engine... forgot, this is an electric car. Motor.

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

Not a fan of blackout / chrome delete wraps on any color of car.

Cheapens the look of the car IMHO.

Reminds me of econo-base model / DX / lowest trim line of any small car... especially in the 90's
    that shaved chrome and replaced all those bits with black plastic.. like door grabs. Dead give-away of
    saving a few bucks to pass on the low low price to consumer...

I think their only purpose was to egg-on shoppers into moving up the line a bit, spend a little more...
    so the car doesn't look like the cheapest model on the road

7. A-E

A-E Former Vendor

This is a nice photo shoot. The Pearl White looks great in comparison to the white! Due to the pearl in the clear , it creates harder shadows causing the body lines to show off more.

8. Jbarnes

Jbarnes New Member

thanks for sharing

9. pvazquez03

pvazquez03 2017 Model S75D

My Tesla New Tinted windows  9-30-2107.jpg My Tesla New Tinted windows2  9-30-2107.jpg My Tesla New Wheels 21  9-30-2107.jpg Midnight Silver!

• Love x 1
  10. Audiopun

Audiopun Member

Do you have a photo of the matte black? I believe it was around a $1,000 upgrade. I love that color.

Of the options posted I'd have to go with gray!

11. Transhine

Transhine Local Vendor - SoCal

Yes, some truly lovely paint jobs, what will they look like in 3 - 5 years. "Like the day I bought it!" Thats easier said than done, so what are the best ways to keep a cars paint job like the day you bought it. I have been waxing and detailing cars for 35 years and can assure you there are some very critical things you can do to experience that goal.
    1. Garage your car at night.
    2. Wash the vehicle biweekly at minimum. Weekly would be nicer.
    3. Wax the painted surfaces every 2 - 3 months.

Those are the obvious, but if you are going to drive you lovely Tesla you will have to take it to the next level in preventative maintenance for the paint.

1. Install Paint Protection Film , aka, Clear bra on the front facing impact areas of the car-bumper lights, hood, fenders and mirrors. More info on our web-page at: Paint Protection Spray, XPEL Paint Protection | Transhine |

Every car gets rock chips and road damage.Most of it the hits the bunper never hear. Eventually your new looking bumper starts to get pitted up as you come to love the speed and joy of driving your Tesla on the open highway. We have seen the benefits time and again of the film being installed on bumpers and impact areas. You can put ten coats of wax on your car and it still cant repel the damage a pebble or grasshopper at 70mph will do. You owe it to your Tesla to do all you can to keep the paint like new.

2. Install window tint to keep the vehicle interior from fading. There are many high quality films that block out UV Rays A and B and heat and give your car a dashing look. Many of our Tesla customers are installing the Ceramic film on all the windows, including a clear ceramic film on the front windshield. If the car is cooler from the tint, the A/C doeskin have to work so hard and you save electricity. With today's ceramic tints, you don't have to get a dark shade for it to block out heat. Ceramic tint is the way to go to protect the interior and improve driving comfort. PS. It also can really make your car look cool.

3. The last piece to the puzzle for the "Fountain of Youth" for you Tesla. Consider applying one of the ceramic coatings to the painted surface that are not going to get a rock pit, but will get a bird turd or tree sap on it. Ceramic coatings are the latest technology in paint care. They can substantially improve the paints ability to ward off caustic environmental contaminants as well as make the paint more scratch resistant.

Love those colors too!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. pvazquez03

What is the cost of the clear bra for the Tesla front only???

13. Transhine

We charge $579.95 for the job. Most valuable piece of equipment you can install on the car. Especially if you are a commuter

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  14. pvazquez03

Does that include the hood?

15. Transhine

No, that is just the bumper coverage. The Hood and Fenders typically are installed in the full coverage version. There are several other abbreviated hood coverage that are smaller and cost less. The Full hood and Fenders installed is $995.95. Most Tesla owners that we have worked with cover the front 1/3 of the car. That is where the film is the most functional.

Have a look at this happy Tesla owner that hit his garage. He just saved himself an expensive body shop visit. When we pulled the film back, the original paint was still intact. ( $579 or $1,100 at a body shop and an after market paint job.) While the film is to protect the paint from stones and road debris, it can come in handy for light collisions.

A penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

upload_2017-11-2_12-41-16.png upload_2017-11-2_12-41-28.png

• Like x 3
  16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I need that exact same Xpel repair... what does that cost?

17. Transhine

I'm sorry to hear that, but there is good news right? We removed the partial bumper cover and spliced in a new piece. It was about a piece 1/3 the bumper. We charged $350. We have to remove the old film and replace it with the new piece. We have had some customers unwilling to have a small splice line and we put a new bumper cover on. You are back to the $579.95 price. I would cut you a deal as a returning customer.

Step one, will be to pull back the film and see if the paint was damaged. When we removed this bumper kit, we were holding our breath, but it was a modern day miracle. \

If the film worked it paid for itself in more than a repainted bumper. In my opinion, to be able to keep the original paint on the vehicle is a huge plus. Repaints never have the flexibility of an original job. While sometimes painting is necessary, with the film it can be avoided in some cases.

IF YOU CAN CONTACT THE ORIGINAL INSTALLER, HE CAN HELP WITH THE REMOVAL PART. EVEN IF YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW THE NEXT STEP.

18. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

19. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Silver Model S with Matte Black TS115 21 inch Forged Wheels

Wheel: TS115
    Size: 21x9.0" front, 21x9.5” rear (approximately 27% lighter than a factory 21” staggered Turbine wheel set)
    Finish: Matte Black
    Tires: Pirelli P Zero 245/35-21” front, 265/35-21” rear
    Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

silver-tesla-model-s-ts115-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black-wm-1.jpg silver-tesla-model-s-ts115-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black-wm-2.jpg silver-tesla-model-s-ts115-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black-wm-3.jpg

20. Skione65

Skione65 Member

• Funny x 1