Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over on the v4.2 thread I mentioned that I also seemed to get it in two parts. The detailed number (1.19.42) didn't change following the second part.

Maybe, but its been over a week since I got the first 4.2 update.

- - - Updated - - -

WELL? Where are we at now?

I can't install the update until tonight because I need to use the car, but I'll report back in the AM.

Yup! .42 interesting.
Also I highly suggest people stay in their cars during an update. It's soooo weird!
Cautious (adj): Before initiating an update while sitting your Model S, you open a window in case you decide you want out.

- - - Updated - - -

And what does the alarm clock do for the MS?
The "alarm clock" is an icon in the top row on the 17" that both indicates you have a downloaded update ready to install and provides a way for you to select "now" or confirm "2 A.M."

I've previously heard there was a BIG update coming for March.

The thing about software is, it's hard to release exactly on a schedule. Debugging isn't something you can readily schedule. Every once in a while you come across a bug that kicks your butt.

I expect it to come out "around then".

Any rumors of what it will contain? I suppose scheduled charging would be one.
I want a "keep my battery warm between __ A.M. and __ A.M." option (at least for weekdays, no opinion for weekends). I don't care whether it's charging during that period or not. I want to start with a "fully regen capable" vehicle every day when I go to work.

This option, IMO, is significantly simpler to implement than "make sure you finish charge at __".