Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to have a default driver seat setting. My wife is very short and I am very tall. When she leaves the car in her driver profile, I have to get into the passenger seat to set my driver profile. I'd like to be able to set the default seat to my position. When I put the car in park, nothing happens. When me wife puts the car in park, the seat, no other items, would go to the default position. I could then get into the car and set the driver profile to me. when the car is turned on (foot on brake), the seat would assume the driver profile position. Either the last one set, if my wife was getting back into the car or my setting having just been selected.Make sense?

I'd like to have a default driver seat setting.
I agree with you, but as an interim measure, perhaps you and your wife could create a new profile, called "Exit" or similar, which moves the seat far back and raises the steering column. It will require a bit of discipline to remember to set this profile when she exits, but it would help you quite a lot.

I e-mailed the beta team. That's a great idea.

I like it. One note of caution, though. There needs to be an interlock of some sort. If the bluetooth get selected based on the profile, I would not want my wife to remotely change the driver setting and my in progress phone call gets dropped. Worse, yet, come to think of it, I would not want the seat to move to my wife setting while I'm sitting in the stopped car talking on the phone. That might require a 911 call :smile:. So maybe the solution is that any remote setting changes can only be made if the car is off, AND, the changes only take affect when the car is turned on. Just a thought.

When she leaves the car in her driver profile, I have to get into the passenger seat to set my driver profile. I'd like to be able to set the default seat to my position.?

Isn't the driver profile linked to the key fob? My Infiniti links the seat positions and other "profile" settings to each key fob and as soon as you unlock the car it moves the seat for you before you even get in.

Isn't the driver profile linked to the key fob? My Infiniti links the seat positions and other "profile" settings to each key fob and as soon as you unlock the car it moves the seat for you before you even get in.

I don't think our key fobs are unique from each other. In any case, we both usually have our key fobs with us, so the car wouldn't know which one to use.

In that case, I'll add to the official request that they tie the driver's profile to the key fob. I'm not sure how other cars do it with multiple key fobs, but it works properly on my car - probably based off Key Fob signal strength or which fob is seen first by the car.

In that case, I'll add to the official request that they tie the driver's profile to the key fob. I'm not sure how other cars do it with multiple key fobs, but it works properly on my car - probably based off Key Fob signal strength or which fob is seen first by the car.

I would prefer not to have this feature or have the ability to disable it. I don't want the car guessing. We come up to the car, together. My wife goes to passenger door while I'm placing something in the trunk. Car picks my wife. I close the trunk and go to the drivers door and the car either stays locked on my wife (had the stronger signal first) or then switches to me. Too much variability for my taste.

But as I said, I'm OK if its programmable. I really like the idea of remote control and or default setting. Either or both will resolve my problem. As it is now, we both race to the drivers seat. If my wife leaves the seat setting to her profile, I'm disadvantaged. Probably why she "forgets" to reset it. :smile:

They would probably have to do something like make one key fob the primary and the other the secondary. If the secondary key fob was the only one present, all the settings would go to that one. If both were present then the primary would win out. If both were present but the person with the secondary key fob was going to drive, they would either have to get in and change profiles or use the mobile app (this is hypothetical feature that I would want) to select the driver profile as they were walking up.

They would probably have to do something like make one key fob the primary and the other the secondary. If the secondary key fob was the only one present, all the settings would go to that one. If both were present then the primary would win out. If both were present but the person with the secondary key fob was going to drive, they would either have to get in and change profiles or use the mobile app (this is hypothetical feature that I would want) to select the driver profile as they were walking up.
There are three programmable profiles so Tesla should give us one more key fobs (total would be 3 key fobs per vehicle). One fob for each profile. OR make each of the exiting two key fobs "programmable" so that a different sequence of "pushing on the key fob" would execute the desire profile.

INSIDE temperature

Does any car manufacturer supply this? I can see it being a big source of complaints because someone will feel too hot or too cold, get a thermometer and see that it's different from the display (because it's not measuring in the same location as the display thermometer) then call to complain.

> Settings cannot be assigned to individual key fobs and the car isn't able to differentiate between one in the drivers pocket and one in the front passengers pocket. [NigelM]

__1__2__3_, but the car can, by remembering your weight on the driver's seat, return seat to your chosen position. Ditto for driver #2 (assuming sufficient weight difference). Or did I dream this? IOW if I mess with seat settings, I can just leave and when I return later & turn on car, it will auto adjust seat back to 'my' position?
--

> If Kia can do it, certainly all the other auto manufacturers can. In a part of each rear door that is hidden when the door is closed, there is a simple switch that turns on or off the child safety feature. One switch for each door. Each independently controlled. [Ceilidh]

And maybe they do since my 2001 Chevy Malibu has these switches on the rear door jambs, along with a decal explaining what they are. Never messed with them but (obviously) they prevent rear doors being opened from inside the car.
--