Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manual is online as a pdf on your mytesla page. I haven't tried accessing it from the car browser, but that would be a logical fix. Make sure the car browser can access an online version of the manual. The only issue would be if you are trying to troubleshoot a connectivity problem... D'oh! :scared:

By "a real manual would be nice" I mean a comprehensive manual.

1) if your house keys are on your car key ring, then a valet or some other person with temp access to your car can make a copy of your house key, and they know your address.
2) if you are out of the house, and your car gets stolen, the thief can get directions to your home (and they know you aren't there), use the home link to open the garage, and rob your home.

I always program my GPS Home position at the far end of my street, just for paranoia's sake. Still 100% useful for determining range, etc., but it won't lead anyone right to my house.

Were they more detailed than the manual we get in PDF?

They are the same as the PDFs.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more nav enhancement requests:

* In-dash nav: ability to zoom in/out, scroll through directions, repeat next direction, display distance to next direction (toggle)
* Better attenuation. Lower the sound of the music when nav speaks. Right now it stops music from the left speaker, but the right speaker is still going.....hard to hear what nav is saying sometimes without pumping up the volume......
* Separate nav and media volumes. I want navigation to be louder than the radio volume.
* Nav sound should increase with speed. On city roads, I have the volume at 2 or 3 and on highway speed I need to up it to 4 or 5...

My Audi A4 has a user-settable high speed warning alarm (I set mine at 85 mph, for 65 limit highways). Apparently the S doesn't have this feature which would be very useful, as it's easy with the A4 to hit 85 without realizing it - I can't imagine how easy it will be once I have my Model S.

My Audi A4 has a user-settable high speed warning alarm (I set mine at 85 mph, for 65 limit highways). Apparently the S doesn't have this feature which would be very useful, as it's easy with the A4 to hit 85 without realizing it - I can't imagine how easy it will be once I have my Model S.

I tried that on my A6 for a while...it always scared the crap out of me when the alarm sounded. I found it to be more dangerous than speeding! That being said, the Model S is designed to have software options, so no reason why it shouldn't be there.

I was online for the specific purpose of mentioning this. Wow, you just beat me. Anyhow, +1

- - - Updated - - -

NPR ran a lengthy article (3min) on this over the weekend. First I heard of it, too, but clearly we're just old fogeys. ;-)

As far as the old fogeys, I was just pretending to be a hipster. Although I heard that NPR story, I also heard this mentioned on Marketplace a few times in the past. I also saw it first hand with younger friends of mine. I just wanted YouTube access ;)

Only enable the HomeLink geofencing if speed is less than 20-25 MPH. The way our neighborhood is laid out, there is a road in back of our house, maybe 150 away from our garage, but the HomeLink choices pop up even if I'm doing 50 mph down that street.

Firmware request

My firmware suggestion .... have the backup camera continuously record 10-15 seconds of video to the hard drive with a save/playback/send button somewhere in case you get rear ended and need some evidence.... as well as a live playback via the mobile app.

I was thinking a more powerful garage door opener. I have to be practically in the garage before the signal trips the opener. I think it only looks forward as it barely works for our gate opener, I have to be just inside the gate to get it to work.

I was thinking a more powerful garage door opener. I have to be practically in the garage before the signal trips the opener. I think it only looks forward as it barely works for our gate opener, I have to be just inside the gate to get it to work.

I'm telling ya....take a few minutes and get to the control unit on your openers and play with different angles for the antenna wire.... Made a world of difference for me.