Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are also still some minor but annoying interface issues with 1.19.42:

a. The energy app (main screen) doesn't retain the average/instant setting for calculating Projected Range
b. The energy dashboard applet doesn't show Projected Range.
c. The Music app doesn't de-dupe tracks on a USB stick.
d. The Music app doesn't gather up into a single album tracks with different artists.
e. The Music app doesn't display the track number in an album
f. The Music app doesn't scroll long track titles.
g. When regeneration is limited, even the available regen isn't fully used in most circumstances, i.e. it appears that all decisions about how much regen is applied in any given situation are then scaled down to reflect the overall limit, rather than truncating the regen at the limit (or something non-linear).
h. Add an option to limit auto-unlocking to driver's door only.

I haven’t tried the feature yet but I wouldn’t have imagined there’d be any debate about the “correct” direction for open/close. It sounds like Tesla has it backwards to me, too.

I'm guessing they're just matching the behavior of standard power window buttons... forward/indent to roll down, back/pull to roll up. That said , I can see it feeling kind of backwards.

I'd like to be able to tag my home address with the name "Home", then be able to say "Drive to Home".
Let's say you do that with your car (or your 3rd party GPS) and your vehicle gets stolen (say you leave the key in the vehicle by accident). The thief now knows where you live, knows that you aren't home, knows you probably will take a while to discover the missing vehicle and get home, and has your car available as a getaway vehicle.

Label it something different than "Home". Please.

Let's say you do that with your car (or your 3rd party GPS) and your vehicle gets stolen (say you leave the key in the vehicle by accident). The thief now knows where you live, knows that you aren't home, knows you probably will take a while to discover the missing vehicle and get home, and has your car available as a getaway vehicle.

Label it something different than "Home". Please.

Also, you may have homelink, so now that can get past your gate and into your garage? And the neighbors will see your MS drive up and think nothing of it as it drives into your garage.

But, they will also have your a copy of the title and registration. So, your screwed!

Saving locations to the Navigation app?

I may be missing something obvious, and since I just got my Model S a few hours ago (yay!!!) I may be just being impatient, but how can I store locations on the Navigation app (tech package)?
I can't find a way to store my home location, or any other location for that matter. I also noticed that my "history" list (both recent locations and recent searches) is completely empty, even though I have used the app.
Ideas?

I may be missing something obvious, and since I just got my Model S a few hours ago (yay!!!) I may be just being impatient, but how can I store locations on the Navigation app (tech package)?
I can't find a way to store my home location, or any other location for that matter. I also noticed that my "history" list (both recent locations and recent searches) is completely empty, even though I have used the app.
Ideas?

History list should populate with your latest navigation targets, and you should be able to access and navigate to addresses from your phone's address book, but other than that there is no way to save locations... yet.

@Herbys - A previously noted: A workaround, if you've paired your phone and opted into sharing the address book with the vehicle, is to save an address (with person or company name usually) as a contact in your phone.

Sorry if this has already been suggested before, however I'd really like an option to have the car automatically close the sunroof when a phone call comes in. I took a call for the first time yesterday with the sunroof open and the caller couldn't hear anything other than wind noise. I had to fumble around to close the sunroof while trying to tell the person to not hang up the phone. It's a safety issue, as well as a convenience issue. If could be a toggle option on the Settings screen, if people don't want that feature.

Anyone else run in to this issue?

Would love to see these things:

1. Scheduled Charging (done in 4.3)
2. Maps - Orient map so that direction of travel is up
3. Achievements/gamification/awards - useless, but fun - "You've achieved 1000 miles under 300 wh/m"
4. Add charging station to the map and also be able to calculate best place to stop based on overal trip length.
5. More intelligent range estimator
6. Back up lines for the rear camera
7. Front parking sensors

I guess this has been posted before, but in the light of the NYT incident...

1. Cold Weather Hibernation - if, for whatever reason, the owner does not manage to plug-in the S (or X?) when it is parked and the car senses falling temperatures then it puts itself into Hibernation/Suspended Animation mode which reduces the range-lost-while-stationary-and-unplugged. Prior to this, the car sends a text to the owner saying something to the effect of: "Cold weather hibernation mode will be engaged in 15 minutes. Please be aware that when you next use the car, startup will take X minutes longer than normal. If you do not want this, please plug the car into an electrical outlet now."

Maybe it needs something similar for hot weather. Siesta Mode? :wink:

At the risk of opening up another "I want it the other way" debate... Does anyone else think that the right-side thumb control, when set to "Sunroof", seems backwards? To me, it seems rolling the wheel "forwards" should CLOSE the roof (move the roof panel forwards) and rolling the wheel "backwards" should open the roof? Tesla implemented it the other way around.

I think the entire scroll wheel is backwards for all scrolling! It implements old-school scrolling where you control the scroll bar, rather than the natural scrolling now the default on Macs - and what, of course, the touch screen uses. You control the content not some notional scrollbar. I keep scrolling the menus backwards with the wheel! Now I understand some people still use Windows and others couldn't make the switch - but this would be a nice option.

turning light hysteresis

on my drive to/from work, some of the turns are just at the radius for the turning light to come on. I've witnessed many times the light flick on/off as my steering wheel is just at the on/off point. Adding some hysteresis to the on/off point would fix it so it stays on for a bit before shutting off.

Cornering Lamps turned on via turn signals

I love the cornering lamps, but would like them to come on when I use the turn signals, not just when the wheels are turned past a certain point. For example, when searching for a dark driveway at night, having the left cornering lamp on while the left turn signal was blinking would help light the driveway. This needs to happen before I turn the wheel, as I don't know where to turn until I can see the driveway!