Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Door lock button on permanent tool bar. It is a safety hazard to have to search through screens to quickly lock the door. I know you can use the key fob but this is most often in my pocket.

Even better door lock/open button from main screen. When stopping to pick up passengers it's better to be able to get the door handles out and unlock doord without going thru menu's

Doesn't it already do that?, pretty sure when I put my car in park that my doors unlock and the handles pop out.

When I come to a stop and want to extend the door handles I put the car in Park. Handles extend. I believe that when you put the car in Drive the handles retract, correct?

The current behavior of PARK button is to unlock the first time (when it switches from Drive).... not to work as a toggle. If you are parked and doors unlocked, pushing the park button again should lock them. If you are parked and doors locked, pushing the park button again should unlock them. I believe neither of these happens currently.

I have had my Model S for almost 6 months. I have a few ideas:
(1) Text messages should come up on the screen in a window from my phone. I don't want to gael able to respond but just viewing them would be great.
(2) More buttons for my saved stations. What should happen is when I make the audio a full page, the screen extends down and all of my favorites appear as buttons in several rows on the extended screen. When the screen is in 1/2 screen mode, the a single line as it currently is. When in full screen, more buttons.

Had an odd situation today.. was charging at an L2 location, and due to the way I pulled in, my steering wheel was turned almost upside down, blocking most of the dashboard. Since the car was charging, it refused to "turn on" so I could not turn the steering wheel straight to see the dash clearly. Now I'm not going to drive away connected, of course, but it would be nice to be able to turn the steering wheel when the car is charging. Yes, I know I could have done that before I stopped the car, but today I didn't realize that this was an issue. So next time I know, but still, I don't see why they can't energize the steering wheel while charging.

One week in, just little things (and there are so many delights):

* Remember volume setting by audio source (book tapes from my iPhone are a different volume than music from Slacker)
* Remember rear seat heater settings too (it does this for the fronts but not the rears) across power off/on
* If a passenger gets out and the car starts traveling again turn off that passengers seat heater.
* Ability to "pin" or lock a window in a position - like NAV always on top so I can flip the bottom one but not lose NAV or have to do the press/drag thing
* Show map zoom level
* Mulitple route options
* Ability to set waypoint in NAV
* More caching/speed of map, the speed is really sluggish.

I can live without them all for the sheer joy of the car. Plus they keep making it better. GRIN!

* Ability to "pin" or lock a window in a position - like NAV always on top so I can flip the bottom one but not lose NAV or have to do the press/drag thing

Totally agree -- great idea. This would be simple to implement and a huge UI improvement. I hate the tap-and-drag-to-lower-window thing.

Also, maybe a 3x1 or 2x2 layout option. I like the energy graph, but it doesn't need to take up half the screen. Same thing with the "Now Playing" screen.. both could be 1/4 of the screen side-by-side. Or even a 1/2 screen for Nav or maps, plus 2 1/4 screens for Media and Energy.

When driving under Cruise Control one of the panels on the touchscreen can be set to include a list of previous cruise speed settings and/or speed limits.

Simply tap the screen to select the appropriate cruising speed when it is safe to do so. (The car can change speed somewhat abruptly :) )

During the week, you can just specify a particular overnight percentage battery charge target.
In addition, at any point you can bring up a sort of Travel Calendar and use a map to let the system know that "on this date, I need to drive here".
The system can then start to ramp up charge in advance either to reach the destination or the first in a chain of appropriate superchargers/ fast chargers.
The system could adapt the target charging level to allow for driving style, elevation changes and ideally local weather information.
On the day, if you deviate from your route (maybe to run an unexpected errand) the system can replan the route and redirect you to different charging points.