Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* Visited Chargers: really think it should show the amps/volts you charged at as well. Right now, I have to keep a paper notebook in the car so I remember which chargers were the best, especially if I'm in an area with many visited chargers.

The PlugShare app supports recording such information. You can also checkin to a charger which has the added benefit that others can message you in case of needing an emergency charge.

When a navigation route is active, show a number on the speedometer, which is "Average range last 10 km" minus "Distance to go". This would give you a quite good estimate whether or not you can make it to your destination without running out of power. Or alternatively, how many extra miles/km you have left to proceed from destination to a charging station.

During my Autobahn trip through Germany, where speed can get maxed out at times, I used just that calculation - yet I had to have the energy screen and nav screen up at the same time, and do the math while driving. It should also take elevation into consideration, both from the last km driven, as well as how much ascent/descent from present position to destination.

This is why the result of that calculation, shown in the speedometer, allows me to forget about calculating and I can bring up any screen I want. "Typical range" displayed is useless if you are going 100 mph.

Simple Wish: Speed sensitive map zoom.
When traveling at high speed (like highway speed) the map zooms out to see more, when you slow down it zooms in automatically so you can see more detail on local streets. So you don't have to keep hitting the zoom in/out.

Simple Wish: Speed sensitive map zoom.
When traveling at high speed (like highway speed) the map zooms out to see more, when you slow down it zooms in automatically so you can see more detail on local streets. So you don't have to keep hitting the zoom in/out.

That already happens with the birds-eye view in the dash. But it might be a nice addition to the touchscreen display - with an on/off toggle setting.

Yes, I was specifically thinking of the touchscreen display, and yes, it should have a zoom in/zoom out/Auto button.
I am constantly adjusting the map when I am in town or going on the freeway and it would be nice to have it be automatic.

Totally agree!

Also when you zoom in and the destination is inside the current zoom of the map - it would be nice to have an option to have the map progressively zoom in to keep the destination close to the top. As I get closer to destination, I tend to zoom and rotate the map to fit the remaining route inside the map display, me at the bottom, destination at the top. I wish that could have been an automated (optional) function.

Totally agree!

Also when you zoom in and the destination is inside the current zoom of the map - it would be nice to have an option to have the map progressively zoom in to keep the destination close to the top. As I get closer to destination, I tend to zoom and rotate the map to fit the remaining route inside the map display, me at the bottom, destination at the top. I wish that could have been an automated (optional) function.

I do exactly the same thing. I'd also like to be able to minimize the step by step screen so I can see more of the map.

I'd like for more settings to be saved in the driver profile, specifically creep and track-up vs. North-up maps. My wife and I disagree on these and it is inconvenient to repeatedly change them manually.

I thought creep was saved to specific driver profile..like regen setting and steering wheel comfort setting. I'll have to save creep "on" in my profile, and see if it changes in my wife's profile.
Radio station settings definitely should be based on driver profile.

When a navigation route is active, show a number on the speedometer, which is "Average range last 10 km" minus "Distance to go". This would give you a quite good estimate whether or not you can make it to your destination without running out of power.

This+

Or, another alternate: at least display a warning when average projected range (for settings-selected scale) drops below distance to go.

This+

Or, another alternate: at least display a warning when average projected range (for settings-selected scale) drops below distance to go.

I think it is important not to clutter the instrument screen too much - yet in the case I suggested, it is just one extra number added, and it will only be active when navigation to a point is selected (or a distance to drive, as an alternate solution).

It could very well be an option, where it says "Range - Rated or Typical", some tick mark below it to say "When navigation is active, show estimated range at destination"

This way, it would be placed in the same spot in the speedometer, relieving me from doing mental math while driving - all I need to know is really what is my range after I get to where I am going. This is whether that destination is a charger or not, I might be going somewhere without a charger, then proceeding to a charger later one, xx miles away.

A few more wishes:
1. Charge setting which COMPLETES at a certain time. This is already available on the Leaf so that both the interior and battery are heated prior to departing.
2. Press and hold feature so that the icons at the top of the touch screen can be reorderd as desired.
3. Press and hold feature on the media stations can be reordered as desired

I think it is important not to clutter the instrument screen too much
Agreed.

it will only be active when navigation to a point is selected (or a distance to drive, as an alternate solution).
Also agreed. My thinking was along the lines of a warning similar to the one the TPMS displays when tire pressure is low. It would then be up to the driver to tune energy usage (go slower or use less HVAC, for example) to get back in trim.

It could very well be an option, where it says "Range - Rated or Typical", some tick mark below it to say "When navigation is active, show estimated range at destination"
Yup.

This way, it would be placed in the same spot in the speedometer, relieving me from doing mental math while driving - all I need to know is really what is my range after I get to where I am going. [my emphasis]
I'm more interested in what's my range while I'm on my way.