Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Specifications, Teases and Leaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doug, that wheel doesn't look the same. That looks like a 2 or 3 piece wheel, but the 'Model S' prototype looks like a 1 piece.

They are Lorinser Wheels. They are R8 wheels (basically the single piece version) instead of the LM6 wheels posted.
LORINSER%20-%20type-rs8-silver.jpg

New Model S picture

http://peakoilgarage.com/2009/02/20/new-update-from-tesla-motors-on-the-model-s/

I just got an email from Tesla Motors and it contained this sneak preview picture of the Model S.

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response from customers since we provided a teaser photo last week, we decided to offer a special opportunity to you – the early adopters of the Roadster. You have been instrumental in our early success, and we appreciate your continued passion and belief in Tesla’s vision.

Instead of waiting until March 26 to reserve a Model S Signature Series, you may reserve one now for a $40,000 refundable reservation fee. There will be 1000 Signature Series sedans each for US and Europe delivery. As with the Roadster Signature Series, your vehicle production number is a function of when the reservation payment is received.

At the launch party, we’ll open reservations for the Model S Signature Series and the regular Model S sedans to everyone. According to our current production plan, only the Signature series is expected to be delivered in 2011, with regular production starting in 2012. Roadster owners will receive a $10,000 discount off the final sales price of the Signature Series Model S.

Please call us at 650-413-6300 or email us at [email protected] for details and a reservation agreement. The Model S aspires to become the automotive icon of the 21st century – a gorgeous yet practical electric vehicle that will liberate even more drivers from oil addiction.

147d1235174589-model-s-specifications-teases-leaks-model_s.jpg

Attachments

• Model_S.jpg
    Model_S.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
A slightly less extreme (and blocky) version of Laurent's lightening:

3296517533_ff178b3a49_o.jpg

Also, this variation shows they did something a bit strange to the windscreen/windshield:

3297342366_4ac9310759_o.jpg

But other than that - it's not a wagon. Woohoo! (cue Homer Simpson style dance around the room :biggrin:)

So we all got excited by the pictures and haven't talked about specs.

Any word on the spec level of these Signature 1000 cars? Will they be available in 160 to 300 mile versions or just top spec versions? $40k seems to a lot to put down for a car that will nominally have a $57,500 base price, so I presume that these will all be the latter.

$60k deposit for a Roadster expected to be around $120k delivered.
$40k deposit for a Model S expected to be around $80k delivered.

Makes sense to me.

The people in the Roadster signature 100 series put down 100% of the cost upfront. I think it was $100,000 for everything. Maybe someone else can confirm. Then for Roadsters after 100 the deposit was less.

So while $40,000 is a lot for the deposit on the Sedan sig 1,000 series, it is likely not the regular deposit for 1,001 and beyond. That deposit will likely be smaller at $10,000 to $20,000. The universe of customers, willing to make a large deposit, is limited.

Aptera seems to have stalled out at 4,000 orders with only a $500 deposit. But that is just California. I have been hearing 4,000 orders on the Aptera for about 8 months since I put mine in.

Tesla S revealed further | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Now, thanks to this latest image revealed by a future Tesla S owner, we can get a much clearer look at what the electric-saloon will look like. Helped by some clever photoshopping techniques, the image has been fully revealed, allowing us to see in much clearer detail what we can expect from the model S.

heh...

My version was done with the brightness control in MS Office Picture Manager, not exactly the world's most sophisticated graphics tool.