Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw on the performance video on the Tesla site where in the beginning they have a lateral acceleration meter. Although not pushing the limits it showed 7.5 m/s/s lateral acceleration. Assuming 9.81 as the conversion to G's that equals .77 g's. Not bad for a sedan.

BMW M5 (maybe not a fair comparison) pulls .91g on skidpad.

Someone asked what the tire sizes would be with the different wheel options. I wrote down the 2 sizes that they had out on display yesterday. 1. 245 x 45 R19 and 2. 245 x 35 ZR 21 I believe these are fairly common sizes and should make tires fairly accessable.

The 21" size is not really that common and there seem to be no snow tires in that size. The 19" size, thankfully, is *quite* common and gives a *large* selection of tires, including multiple choices of snow tires.

I suppose I will have to find out from Tesla exactly what wheels they are using on the 19"s so that I can order an extra set for my snow tires. And two more for spares.... aaah, looks like tire costs will be several K. At least I can do that after getting the car since I should get mine in the summer.

Here are the specs that I have seen from watching recent videos, investors calls and looking on the tesla design studio. & I think I did a pretty thorough job.

after all, I'm the annoying "Tesla Firsties!!" guy :)

Base Price $49k after federal tax rebate of $7500. (full price $57,000)
Base Price Model S Siganture (The first 1000 Model S's) is $87,000 before federal tax rebate.
-The 160 mile range Model S will not be offered for the first 5 months of production
-Their will be no leasing option from Tesla Motors for the model S for atleast the first year of production

Front and rear trunks
Drag coefficient of 0.22
17 inch infotainment screen
3G (or maybe 4G) wireless internet access (can become a tethered hotspot for 4 devices)
4 usb ports
hours of climate control when car is parked.
3 backup cameras, rear-center, rear-right, & rear-left
Charge port hidden behind the left rear tail light
Two on-board charger options of 10-kilowatt (standard) or 20-kilowatt
Curb Weight 3,825 lbs
Acceleration 0-60 mph s: 5.6 seconds (Sport: 4.4 seconds)
Top Speed 130 mph
17 inch wheels standard

Battery options
--------------------
160 miles
230 miles (+$10k)
300 miles (+$20k)

Optional
--------------------
Adjustable Air Shocks
Panoramic roof (largest ever)
2 rear jump seats
19 inch wheels (no 21in wheels)

Nope; 19" are standard and 21" optional. No 17" wheels. See Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors.

And, to nitpick, the base price after rebate is $49,900 - $900 is significant enough :smile:

Correct, true base price is supposed to be $57,400

Base Price Model S Siganture (The first 1000 Model S's) is $87,000 before federal tax rebate.

I don't think this is final is it?

By "tethered" I assume you mean car WiFi, not literally tethered with cables? 4 devices? Or do you mean tethered via 4 USB connectors? Or...???

Tethering these days typically means wirelessly (though the very definition of tether typically implies a wire). So you can can use your car's internet through wifi, and supposedly your car can use the wifi of another device (including a cell phone with wireless tethering enabled).

Tethering these days typically means wirelessly (though the very definition of tether typically implies a wire). So you can can use your car's internet through wifi, and supposedly your car can use the wifi of another device (including a cell phone with wireless tethering enabled).

That's what I figured. I just wondered where the limit of 4 came from. Seems to match the number of USB ports, which is what confused me.

After all the speculation about the pricing of the Signature Model S around here, I'm a bit surprised to read this number now.

Is this your guess or did I miss some announcement, they made?

Do you have a source for this information?

Does anyone know if the specs in the first post of this thread are the most current available? I guess some might have posted some new information somewhere in the preceding 24 pages of threads, and I'm sure it would be interesting reading, but I'm just not feeling up to that kind of search at the moment.

Does anyone know if the specs in the first post of this thread are the most current available?

For the most part, yes. Some of the specs listed are wrong, (like the wheel sizes and prices), others are speculative since the production cars aren't here yet, (like the curb weight).

As previously mentioned, the base price is actually $57,400 and the cost of the Signature Edition is completely unknown, although the most frequent guesstimate has been $80k (post-rebate). Likewise, Elon has said performance or Sport version is to be around $100k, (unknown if that is pre or post-rebate and what options are included with that price).

For the most part, yes. Some of the specs listed are wrong, (like the wheel sizes and prices), others are speculative since the production cars aren't here yet, (like the curb weight).

As previously mentioned, the base price is actually $57,400 and the cost of the Signature Edition is completely unknown, although the most frequent guesstimate has been $80k (post-rebate). Likewise, Elon has said performance or Sport version is to be around $100k, (unknown if that is pre or post-rebate and what options are included with that price).
Probably a good idea to update the pricing and such since we know at least the base issues on those, but I'm more interested in the physical specs--HP, wheel base, motor kWh rating, etc. I saw that the cargo room will be 36.8 cu ft, 66 cu ft with the seats laying flat--would be good to add that to the OP just to keep a summary in one easy to find spot.