Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on the seating option? I don't want leather, so the standard microfiber is good. BUT -- no option to get heated seats, color options, or the 12way adjustable instead of 8way ? Or maybe the upgraded package can get those things without the leather part required? Unclear if the Sig/Performance cars can be downgraded to microfiber (everything else says NO COST OPTION but the interior)

No, IMHO the table makes it pretty clear: the Performance and Signature models come with the leather package, period. The Performance versions are slightly fancier, in fact. There's no option for microfiber.

And darnitall, thanks . . . I forgot about the heated seats! I don't care about leather (I prefer fabric in extreme temperatures) and I'm sure I won't know know 8-way seat movement from 12-way, but I really love the heated seats in my other half's SUV. Sooooo . . . to revise what I just posted, I guess I'm looking at maybe up to $9,250 in options for an 85 kWh base model. ;-)

I'm pretty sure "dryer outlet" was imprecise wording, and they really mean NEMA 14-50.

I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that the Signature includes all options, barring pano and rear seats. Tesla was pretty clear that Signature would be "fully loaded". The pricing came in at about what I was expecting.

Now we just have to hope that Tesla lives up to their promise of the Canadian pricing being the same (plus $7,500 US tax credit minus $8,500 Ontario tax credit, of course).

AND: 8 years battery warranty ????? :love:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3737&d=1324456818.jpg

batt_warranty.jpg

Now that I look a bit closer, the $5000 for the Additional Standard Equipment for the Performance version includes different (grey colored) 21" Performance rims, maybe that would indicate these Performance rims will be made of lighter (and probably more expensive) Magnesium alloy instead of regular Aluminium?
If this is indeed the case the $5000 pack would be even more value for money.

This baffles me. What are you getting for your $5k? If you were like me and had anything remotely early in the P numbers (<3000) you're happy to pay an extra $5k to get the car a few months early? If you were, say, P20, the Sig would be a complete rip off since you'd be barely later than the Sig holders.

Frankly, I'm really pissed the more I think about it. The Sig blurbage certainly never said anything even hinting that the Sig would cost more than an equivalently equipped base car. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have reserved. Now I'm in an really awkward spot and I blame Tesla.

ckessel - I hear everything you're saying and agree with 95% of it.

I would have to think if you've got a Signature reservation you could take advantage of the "one-time deferral" that they talk about and defer delivery to a non-Signature car, in which case you would be at the front of the General Production line. If you've given them $40,000 I would think they would let you take a non-Signature car as soon as they become available.

Please let me know if they force you to go to the back of the line because that would be terrible customer service in my opinion.

I'm a little disappointed too but not enough to change anything. I was told in 2009 when I put down my deposit that the Signature would have a set of options that couldn't be replicated in the regular production but I guess that's not the case.

i guess it SORT of does with the signature red, white leather and perforated leather, but those are hardly "oh wow" features. There's the badging too, but again... sort of "meh".

I think the jury's still out. There may still be some sig perks we don't know of yet.

I'm hoping on that.

You had P463 so you've only moved up maybe 1100-1200 cars earlier in the sequence? That's perhaps a month, maybe two different? That's a mighty steep price.

Plus a limited edition car. For me anyway, there is some cool factor and value in that. Is it $5,000? Well, as Todd says, the juries still out.

I may be able to shed some light on the Supercharging for the different battery sizes. In my conversations with Tesla it has been my understanding that Tesla intends to pay for the electricity charges for for the supercharger, Thus, Included means that you may charge for free when needed. Optional for the 240 mile battery means that you may charge, but there may be a fee associated with it's use. We will have to confirm this with Telsa as more information comes out, but this is my take combining what I learned from conversations with the release.

I may be able to shed some light on the Supercharging for the different battery sizes. In my conversations with Tesla it has been my understanding that Tesla intends to pay for the electricity charges for for the supercharger, Thus, Included means that you may charge for free when needed. Optional for the 240 mile battery means that you may charge, but there may be a fee associated with it's use. We will have to confirm this with Telsa as more information comes out, but this is my take combining what I learned from conversations with the release.
This is a VERY bad idea, IMO.

I'm curious about the @55mpg item. Any ideas how far traveling at 68mph?

Also the one thing I'm really surprised by was the back cover @ 250. Feels like car sales guys shafting you on little stuff... sort of like, "and if you want floor mats"

Back-up camera, maybe should have been included, not sure.

i do not see a radar of retreat or camera of retreat in the options of the Tesla S
The Tech Package includes a "high-definition backup camera."

I'm also wondering if the car has Park Distance Control (PDC). Camera's are fun (I have a backup camera on my BMW) but PDC is a necessity in Europe with our tight parking spots and parking garages. A camera alone would not be sufficient for me.
Nowhere is a PDC mentioned, and none of the tech package options use radar or external sensors (other than the HD backup camera). Unfortunate; it is handy on my BMW 535 for in-city parking.

About 70% is a good ballpark. In winter there will be some more hit (in colder places).

If you look at the Roadster spreadsheet the difference between range @ 55 mph and range @ 75 mph it is 70% just like EVNow says.

Which means the 300 mile pack gets you only 210 miles on the highway. Or in other words, you can drive for 2 hours, 50 minutes and then you have to pull over to charge for an hour.

Which highlights the fact that if you think this is going to be your road trip car, you're wrong.

How so? Doesn't seem unreasonable to offer free charging for those who paid a premium for the bigger battery. Add to that, the 85kw cars will likely use it less than the cars with 60kw (since they don't have to charge as often).

Agree. I sort of equate it to the benefits you can get from flying business class. If someone else pays more than me but gets extra benefits more power to them.