Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Team October"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joining the October club.

Ordered 5/22 - Black, white interior, 19's

Insane to think this thing has ticked up $10k since ordering. To be completely honest, I wouldn't pay $90k for one of these - $80k was the sweet spot to compete with the base Taycan in my eyes (which they've also raised $2,700). Either way, excited to get it one of these days.

Reactions: glide and travwill
Joining the October club.

Ordered 5/22 - Black, white interior, 19's

Insane to think this thing has ticked up $10k since ordering. To be completely honest, I wouldn't pay $90k for one of these - $80k was the sweet spot to compete with the base Taycan in my eyes (which they've also raised $2,700). Either way, excited to get it one of these days.
Same. Above $80K I’m looking at Porsche and AudiGT. Both are a bit more expensive, but they still have the $7500 rebate as well.

And I could have the Taycan *today*.

Mother F

I wasn't aware of the tax credit. If we go into October with no delivery update I may kill this order and just go with the Taycan.
I just contacted my delivery center today and they responded back that my October date was now estimated from the factory as “mid-December”.

RN1151 white/black/19 east coast

That is NOT going to fly with me. Thinking it’s time to pull the plug now rather than continuing to wait and be disappointed.

They really botched this launch. Like really, really badly.

I just contacted my delivery center today and they responded back that my October date was now estimated from the factory as “mid-December”.

That is NOT going to fly with me. Thinking it’s time to pull the plug now rather than continuing to wait and be disappointed.

What was your RN? 19s? White interior? And where ya at (state)?

Yup, that would chap my hide as much as when I was shifted to F'n January (from "Sept/Oct") => immediately after putting the deposit down...

Are there some regions of the US that are particularly bad at missing their projected delivery dates, and some areas that are typically on the spot? I'm in the Seattle area, still October
Seattle here as well.

Damn, yours actually said January? What is your order date?
7/29/21. As I said somewhere, I changed the configuration three times as I chased earlier EDD. I'm done doing that as of 8/3. This morning I was changed from January to Blank.

Reactions: cwanja
7/29/21. As I said somewhere, I changed the configuration three times as I chased earlier EDD. I'm done doing that as of 8/3. This morning I was changed from January to Blank.

Blank can be good or bad - feel like it means your in a recalculation type status and often an earlier EDD is given, but yeah sometime later as well.
With a 7/29/21 date it seems you may be subject to any production line pause/slow down due to Model X and a Feb/Mar date could pop-up, or if they manage to catch up could still get bumped up earlier into Oct/Nov (if any go out then). I'm feeling that there will be 1-2 months of top potentially year end for retooling again or something...

Blank can be good or bad - feel like it means your in a recalculation type status and often an earlier EDD is given, but yeah sometime later as well.
With a 7/29/21 date it seems you may be subject to any production line pause/slow down due to Model X and a Feb/Mar date could pop-up, or if they manage to catch up could still get bumped up earlier into Oct/Nov (if any go out then). I'm feeling that there will be 1-2 months of top potentially year end for retooling again or something...
@travwill - This is what my SA just replied, re changes to blank status...

"And the blank delivery date is neither good or bad, usually just means it is being updated." - YMMV

Joining the club here. Ordered late May. Most basic LR White with Black, 19's because the Senate may vote in Tesla to regain the EV Tax Rebate. Car has to be under 80k, and 79,990 seemed like an Elon calculated idea. 10k on the line and it was White or Red, so white it is! Only Black interior for me, and ventilated seats were a must. Im RN1150 and Ive been blank for a month, originally October.