Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would get that checked out immediately. IF it is your AC leaking freon you could be at serious risk. I don't mean to scare you, but the words "Chemical smell" and AC are not things you want to hear. Freon is a very dangerous inhalation hazard.

Usually when I post in this thread they email ME to set up the appointment. So I've been waiting to hear from them. I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's been very consistent. Every morning when I get in the car there's a very distinct chemical smell. It goes away quickly, but it's there every morning.

Usually when I post in this thread they email ME to set up the appointment. So I've been waiting to hear from them. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Yup, they keep a very close eye on this thread. I received a call after both times I posted about my sunroof issue, as well as a call when I mentioned the UMC getting a bit hot at 40A in the TM forums. They obviously want to keep customers happy, and that's great. Though, personally, since getting the car serviced isn't particularly easy for Tesla to do (Michigan outlaws manufacturer service centers and I've been told they only have two rangers for all of Michigan and Cleveland is understaffed), I prefer to try waiting until the annual service and to call them if I have any pressing concerns or any issues that can be resolved remotely. Perhaps, given how rampant FUD journalism is, it's the public comments about issues that they're trying to minimize, and we know how much we like to post about anything and everything unusual related to our cars, good or bad.

Usually when I post in this thread they email ME to set up the appointment. So I've been waiting to hear from them. I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's been very consistent. Every morning when I get in the car there's a very distinct chemical smell. It goes away quickly, but it's there every morning.

Yep. They just emailed me today. They want me to bring it in and let it sit over night so they can check it out. I did not plug in or charge the car last night, and this morning there was no smell. So it may be a process that is happening to cool the batteries over night. It has been pretty warm here lately. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Yep. They just emailed me today. They want me to bring it in and let it sit over night so they can check it out. I did not plug in or charge the car last night, and this morning there was no smell. So it may be a process that is happening to cool the batteries over night. It has been pretty warm here lately. Hopefully nothing too serious.

As often happens, once they called me the problem seems to have gone away. It was very slight the next day and since then it hasn't been back. Fingers crossed.... I'm gonna give it a few more days and close the ticket.

Is there a post for technical issues? 1)My "Tunein" radio does not connect to the site. I've reset the password, reset the car, all to no avail. Thoughts?
2)Can the phone book from my iPhone list alphabetically by first name instead of last name??

Answers as of now:

1) TuneIn is broke for everyone, has been for sometime, that want to use their personal/other than Tesla login info.

2) No way to change sort of phone list yet.

-T

Answers as of now:

1) TuneIn is broke for everyone, has been for sometime, that want to use their personal/other than Tesla login info.

2) No way to change sort of phone list yet.

-T

Hmmm, not sure what I am doing right but I have signed in to the Model S Tune-In app with my Tune-In account and it works quite well except for the occasional drop-outs that don't seem to always be related to signal strength. :confused:
I can then use the Tune-In app on my phone to search for Podcasts and save in favourites, which then conveniently appear under Internet - Tune In - My Favourites in the Media App in the car.

So now Slacker is spontaneously logging out on me. I came out to the car and noticed the favorites were different. (I subscribe to Slacker Premium). Somehow the car had logged me out and logged me in to the default Tesla account. So I logged back in to my Premium account. A couple hours later, the music stops and the Media screen says I need to log in to Slacker. Go to the settings and sure enough I'm logged out. So I log back in. Same thing happens a day or so later!

I was searching about a shuddering at very low speed on google and found that there were a couple of users experiencing this on the tesla motors forums. My 70D is experiencing this and it feels like the motors don't know whether to regen or freely coast. I noticed it at around 5 mph coming to a stop and on a slight decline. Thoughts?

Our 70D has 2600ish miles now and the front motor is now loud enough to be a point of discussion inside the car. It was almost silent until around 2000 miles. It seems to be getting louder. Is this normal? and is anyone else experiencing this. The car is scheduled for service tomorrow (the drivers side arm rest came off) and I will mention it to them.

My dash started doing this today. I rebooted and still showed this. My dash is not showing anything on side no matter what I switch it to. Any ideas?

c70b38ddb8fa7ad725219165adeb9150.jpg

So now Slacker is spontaneously logging out on me. I came out to the car and noticed the favorites were different. (I subscribe to Slacker Premium). Somehow the car had logged me out and logged me in to the default Tesla account. So I logged back in to my Premium account. A couple hours later, the music stops and the Media screen says I need to log in to Slacker. Go to the settings and sure enough I'm logged out. So I log back in. Same thing happens a day or so later!

Is someone else logging into your slacker account? Slacker only allows one login to be active per account.

Our 70D has 2600ish miles now and the front motor is now loud enough to be a point of discussion inside the car. It was almost silent until around 2000 miles. It seems to be getting louder. Is this normal? and is anyone else experiencing this. The car is scheduled for service tomorrow (the drivers side arm rest came off) and I will mention it to them.

SC took the car for a test drive. We will re evaluate in 1400 miles. Dania SC staff excellent as usual. Will post updates in 1400ish miles.