Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So NY has a beta now? Never got an email :(

yes it is there. I received an email for an earth day event this weekend for all reservation holders in the area. It looks great and i think the software was updated because the speed of the maps and internet were much faster than before. Also, the headliner will be alacantara for sig cars, regular headlines for general production. too bad I'm not a sig, i absolutely was in love with it, it was incredibly soft!

ETM
:smile:

Wow, Tesla really has to work on the consistency of email delivery..l I even called and specifically asked to be on the regional list. Doubt I can make the trip this weekend though. Any word on how long it'll stay?

I stopped in at the Seattle (bellevue) store today.

a few things
-- website updates were supposed to happen last night but should be coming in the next few days
-- the car there is only going to be there for a few weeks (no promise of how soon something better will arrive)

no aero wheel demo to look at
no open/closing of the pano roof allowed.

In terms of interior space & storage, I did confirm (as present on the demo car, not that it will be there in the final car) something that I saw mentioned once awhile ago in one of the threads -- there IS a tiny storage pocked on the front edge of the driver/passenger seats -- big enough to fit glasses/mini-kleenex pack, etc.

Also, the headliner will be alacantara for sig cars, regular headlines for general production.
Despite all the posts about headliner color, this is the first I've heard of this. I'll be curious to hear if neroden hears the same (our resident allergic-to-non-leather) person. (Unless I got my handles mixed up.)

Last edited:
The prototype tour is basically the second time around with a different car. To be honest who cares. At this point I want to see production cars making the rounds with test drives to reservation holders. We have all seen the various prototypes and million's of pictures have been taken and posted. With (most likely) less than two month's remaining till the first reservation holders start taking delivery of there cars I for one am over the prototypes, get on with and it bring out the production units already!

In terms of interior space & storage, I did confirm (as present on the demo car, not that it will be there in the final car) something that I saw mentioned once awhile ago in one of the threads -- there IS a tiny storage pocked on the front edge of the driver/passenger seats -- big enough to fit glasses/mini-kleenex pack, etc.
Excellent. I really need a place to put RFID cards and a few other small items, and this will do just fine. Thanks for the report.

Is there anything special about the event? What's the difference of just showing up and looking at it any other day?
I attended an alpha prototye event in Connecticut last summer for reservation holders. Refreshments were served and goody bags were available. The prototype however was available the entire week. Don't know if the schwag was.

she was very sure about it. It was the best headliner i've ever seen.
I must have misread your original mail. Rereading it, I guess I just misinterpreted it.

The way I now read it... the one you saw/felt in NY has the alcantara headliner? I'd love to see some up close photos. This may be part of what has been alluded to as a Sig benefit.

Just got an email that Santana Row is getting a new car this weekend. I was there for lunch today, and the beta from winter testing was still there (and still with the cool new software in the center console). Hopefully this is true about the new beta, because the people at the store said they were going to get a Signature Performance edition next.

Just got an email that Santana Row is getting a new car this weekend. I was there for lunch today, and the beta from winter testing was still there (and still with the cool new software in the center console). Hopefully this is true about the new beta, because the people at the store said they were going to get a Signature Performance edition next.

Betting it's #65 mentioned here: Earth Day @Google - Model S