Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be in CA next week so I'm thinking about visiting Santana Row, it's just 10 miles from where I'll stay (Santa Clara).

Are those 4 betas still in Santana Row? I'd like to checkout those new colors and interiors.

I'm going to be in CA next week so I'm thinking about visiting Santana Row, it's just 10 miles from where I'll stay (Santa Clara).

Are those 4 betas still in Santana Row? I'd like to checkout those new colors and interiors.

Wido, welcome to CA! Only the Silver beta's at Santana Row still. Pending confirmation from BYT_1,837, the Black beta and a newer Red (VIN #65) beta are at the Menlo Park store a few miles further up Hwy 101. All this could change in a week!

Wido, welcome to CA! Only the Silver beta's at Santana Row still. Pending confirmation from BYT_1,837, the Black beta and a newer Red (VIN #65) beta are at the Menlo Park store a few miles further up Hwy 101. All this could change in a week!

I was going post the update on the other forum but can do it here as promised... :)

I posted on the TeslaMotors forum from the Beta Model S Black VIN# 00023 and unfortunately the Signature Red Model S I say was such an early prototype that it didn't even have a VIN, it was the original car with the center console and Roadster batteries (pre-Alpha Interior) so it definitely was not the one you saw at Google's EarthDay celebration. They also have at the Menlo Park store Tesla Model S Vin#00001, a very VERY rough draft of the car that works and have over 20k miles on it and used for preliminary hot and cold weather driving. I have a few photo's taken and will upload them somewhere and post.

UPDATE: Pictures by bthomasian - Photobucket

Last edited:
Thanks!

I actually visit CA regularly, about twice a year. I'm heading there for business (IT) again.

On May 4th I have a day off, so I'll go head over to Menlo Park and Santana Row then :)

On May 4th I have a day off, so I'll go head over to Menlo Park and Santana Row then :)

You can call the Menlo Park store before visiting to see what they have as it's never a guarantee what they have (but because it's a bigger store they have more room to fit more Model S') I last spoke to Kyle Thompson and the number in Menlo Park is (650) 681-5800

Side Note, when you look up the phone number for Elon Musk on the Model S phone app screen, it also reveals that phone number on the Black Model S VIN# 00023 ;)

The DC store was supposed to get a "new" Beta (fresh off the Fremont line) earlier this month but it has been held in CA for some special events. Maybe one of the cars from the Google Earth Day showing will be making it's way out here? The car is supposed to be in the store at the end of this week and should stay with the store until the Production candidates start showing up in a couple/few months.

I was at the Newport Beach Fashion Island store on Sunday. Unfortunately they still have that old black beta still there (its pretty beat up now with gashes in the upholstery and missing visors and such). The Tesla rep there said that the first weekend in May they will have a "rainbow event", where they will have all four signatures there representing all four Sig colors. Plus the Model X. I'm not sure if they will be the same four VINs that were at the Santana Row event, but sounds like they will have updated betas regardless. She said email invites will be coming out soon to local Southern California rez holders. Whether this event will happen remains to be seen. I have my fingers crossed though :biggrin:

I have it on pretty good authority about the SoCal event, and there will be more details revealed there. It seems that Tesla is using that event for other announcements too.

Seeing that Elon lives in SoCal and has the Design Studio across from SpaceX makes it the prime spot outside of the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) for a big announcement and great sample cars as well once they roll off production.

Got the email confirmation from Tesla just a couple hours ago. The Tesla Fashion Island store will have their version of the Santana Row event with the 4 betas on May 4th-6th. Plus the X. I'm so there. Here's a screen capture of the email.

Tesla Event.jpg

I'm not sure why the image came out so small.. Sorry :) Should be fixed now, thanks Doug

Attachments

• Tesla Event.jpg
    Tesla Event.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: