Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Traction Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My impression of the Model S TC is that it mothers you less than the Roadster's does - lets you have a little fun but still keeps you safe. It's damned hard to get the Roadster to wiggle with the TC on.

Same thought here. A drove a MS with the TC on and got the rear end to wiggle a bit :tongue: with full throttle on a wet road in Oakbook, Il. No drama. The TC worked great.

Last edited:
My impression of the Model S TC is that it mothers you less than the Roadster's does - lets you have a little fun but still keeps you safe. It's damned hard to get the Roadster to wiggle with the TC on.

There should probably be three TC settings, not two (on/off). Standard/Sport/Off would be nice, with a very conservative Standard-setting and Sport being the current TC setting in the performance model.

On certain types of thin snow, the Tesla TC may prevent the car from moving at all. This happened to me going up a hill. I didn't think to turn TC off when I got stuck, but apparently turning TC off is the solution.

Had to do this today when I got stuck at the end of my driveway. One pain in the ass is that every time I got out of the car to shovel more snow, it would be back to "ON" when I got back in, and I'd have to go through the whole procedure, including the nanny dialog box, to turn it back off. I probably had to get in and out 6 or 7 times to clear away more snow as I dug myself out, so this was really annoying.